PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!

EP31986
07-29-2010, 08:33 PM
I just bought jdm dc5 type r wheels for my 05 ep. I went to a local shop to get them put on, but they do not clear in the back since the control arm hits the rims. I believe the offset is +60, but i am not 100% sure. I searched around and found out i can use spacers. Does anyone have this setup or know what mm to use on the spacer? The shop told me to use 15mm. I would like the wheels to be flush to the car.

Thanks

PatrickJamesYu
07-29-2010, 10:23 PM
The situation is vague for me
but depending on the shop you took them to, they know what they are talking about
If they said use 15mm in spacers, I'd say do that.
You can probably even tell them, you want them to sit flush.
+60 seems like a REALLY positive offset to me
especially since you want a more aggressive, flush, look.

I'd say try the spacers if you really want these wheels.

team ERA 5
07-29-2010, 10:31 PM
15 will work, but most run a 25mm spacer. hit up k_day on clubrsx.com he's selling a set of 4 for 120.00

socmex7
07-30-2010, 12:36 AM
those wheels are +60 when stock is +45.. the DC5-R's suspension is different from the factory, that's why the offsets are different. you'll need spacers to make them work. 15mm will put it to stock, more will be more aggressive.

*disclaimer: if installed incorrectly, spacers will cause the wheel to come off during operation. sometimes it happens with correct installation. something that is NOT a pleasant experience. just one of the reasons i'd recommend getting wheels that fit without the use of them. but to each is own, some people swear by them, I do not.

PatrickJamesYu
07-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Apparently my post was edited by 'fatathaland'.... 2 years ago
Haha

Yeah like Socmex7, I personally wouldn't rock spacers.
And I really don't think I ever will, unless for a must needed car meet/ show.
For which is why I said if you 'really' wanted these wheels.
just do it safe

powdbyrice
07-30-2010, 08:57 PM
id rather do a dc5r suspension swap than use a 25mm spacer. but thats just me.

EP31986
08-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses. I am just so mad since I already spent $1,800 on the wheels and tires. I just want to make sure that I will be safe and that spacers would be the right way to do it. I didn't realize the offset was so much until I got the wheels. I was thinking about selling these wheels and getting other wheels if this does not work properly.