PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Knob.

Jiggaboojeff
07-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi I know this seems retarded but I have a Blox Shift Knob and the problem is the boot hangs is there a "Nut" I'm suppose to get to have the shiftboot stay up? If there's things I'm suppose to do please let me know and be specific. =D Thanks Guys. =)

Jiggaboojeff
07-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi I know this seems retarded but I have a Blox Shift Knob and the problem is the boot hangs is there a "Nut" I'm suppose to get to have the shiftboot stay up? If there's things I'm suppose to do please let me know and be specific. =D Thanks Guys. =)

I meant to say when the shift knob is installed and when the shift boot hangs low is there anyway I could fix this problem with a "Nut" bolt. So I don't have the shit boot hang low? Thanks! =D

04bluepearl
07-30-2010, 08:58 PM
There is no nut. The stock shift boot only works with the stock shift knob. The most common fix for your problem is to wrap enough electrical tape around the shift lever to hold the boot up to its new position.

Jiggaboojeff
07-30-2010, 09:01 PM
That's something I wouldn't have figured out haha I'd probably would of bought a type r shift boot and still find out it wont fit hahaha! thanks alot man.

04bluepearl
07-30-2010, 09:05 PM
That's something I wouldn't have figured out haha I'd probably would of bought a type r shift boot and still find out it wont fit hahaha! thanks alot man.

np man. if you run into trouble ill take some pics for you tomorrow! just let me know.

Passenger
07-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah, even with the JDM Shift Boot it'll still hang low, I've got to do the electrical tape trick too.

DRP967
07-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Im running the SSR shift knob (looks like a T1R knob minus the rainbow color) and the boot is being held up by the RSX shift boot adapter which you press into the hole of the boot and thread the knob on top. Problem is the part is discontinued, payed $7 for it at the Acura dealer. If i were you id cop a JDM shift boot, it will look nice and clean as well vs. the electrical tape.

Jiggaboojeff
07-30-2010, 09:56 PM
np man. if you run into trouble ill take some pics for you tomorrow! just let me know.

Oh please that would be great! Should I PM you my email address?

Jiggaboojeff
07-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, even with the JDM Shift Boot it'll still hang low, I've got to do the electrical tape trick too.

I'm going to give that trick a try myself on monday when I get back home haha.

ttttrigg3r
07-30-2010, 10:07 PM
or you can try for a leather shift boot. get a flange nut and rubber stopper it works well for me.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
07-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Im running the SSR shift knob (looks like a T1R knob minus the rainbow color) and the boot is being held up by the RSX shift boot adapter which you press into the hole of the boot and thread the knob on top. Problem is the part is discontinued, payed $7 for it at the Acura dealer. If i were you id cop a JDM shift boot, it will look nice and clean as well vs. the electrical tape.

I am also using the rsx shift boot adapter. it works well and much cheaper then a jdm boot. It does kinda suck cause it is discontinued, but i wonder if there is a new part that might work.

04bluepearl
07-31-2010, 10:24 PM
I didn't get a pic of my setup today but I will tomorrow! Shit I feel like I'm back as school saying that shit haha.

Im also using a bandanna for a shift boot. My stock one was so fucking dirty and I couldn't get it clean so I decided to make a new one for 2 bucks vs 55 for a jdm unit. I'll go into more detail tomorrow but I've received nothing but positive comments on it.

rd02SiR
07-31-2010, 11:40 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x167/rd02sir/IMG_1873.jpg

^ this is with no jamb nut, bcss, and it's a Blox knob aswell.

i just took appart the chrome collar put the chrome part inside and the black plastic piece on the outside and reassembled. The bcss and the collar on the inside of the boot make the boot stay up.

Nate13
08-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I bought a 2009 Fit 5-speed knob from hondapartsdeals.com and it came with the acura shift boot adapter! and the lock nut for the knob.

ttttrigg3r
08-02-2010, 10:17 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x167/rd02sir/IMG_1873.jpg

^ this is with no jamb nut, bcss, and it's a Blox knob aswell.

i just took appart the chrome collar put the chrome part inside and the black plastic piece on the outside and reassembled. The bcss and the collar on the inside of the boot make the boot stay up.

Is that 490?

rd02SiR
08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
yes

emsep
08-06-2010, 11:09 AM
i did what rd02sir, but i used zip ties on the inside to hold the booth up. been on there for over 4 years with not problem. im using the stock knob with the bottom clip part cut off.

smashinvtec
11-08-2010, 10:39 AM
I didn't get a pic of my setup today but I will tomorrow! Shit I feel like I'm back as school saying that shit haha.

Im also using a bandanna for a shift boot. My stock one was so fucking dirty and I couldn't get it clean so I decided to make a new one for 2 bucks vs 55 for a jdm unit. I'll go into more detail tomorrow but I've received nothing but positive comments on it.

do u have pics of ur bandannan shift boot. i would really like to see it