PDA

View Full Version : My ep fryed....

Ep3 ked
07-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Wow This sucks....So after spending all day trying to find out what the hell is goin on with my ep. Still nothing all we know now is that everything is geting power but nothing is turning over fuel pump,starter, all things to make the car run. for more info on the problem you can check out my post in engine.

So what should I do now? I still owe 4k on it . everything is new,the clutch only has 10k on it along with a new koyo rad. the inside is mint and the body is in good shape. I have a AEM CIA & DC RH with test pipe etc..not to mention the car only has 68k on it with a new head and new cosmetic headgasket/new valves... Lookin for some fellow ephatchers advice.. Im fucked. :mfrown:

Thanks joe

oneglory
07-31-2010, 02:42 PM
have you tried swapping ECUs?

Ep3 ked
07-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Na I was just talking about that with my boy.. Maybe I fryed the ecu some how?

oneglory
07-31-2010, 02:46 PM
i'd start with that.

Ep3 ked
07-31-2010, 02:47 PM
can you bring the ecu anywhere to get tested or do you need to just swap it out totaly ?

msully93
07-31-2010, 05:30 PM
have you tried checking out all your fuses?

Ep3 ked
08-02-2010, 08:39 AM
ya checked all fuses + relays... there all good.. now im not to shure if its a ecu problem cause the miles for the car show up and everything I just cant get anything to crank over.. Just going to have to keep tracin wires and such till I find the problem. Everyone keeps telling me that its going to be somthing stupid that I over looked but everything looks good to me...:mconfused:

slo_k20
08-02-2010, 09:19 AM
multiplexer?

Ep3 ked
08-02-2010, 09:27 AM
multiplexer?

??? whats that.. ?

slo_k20
08-02-2010, 09:34 AM
the heart of your electrical system.. it is located where your fusebox is under the dash. have you done any custom wiring (foglights, leds, gauges) that may have messed it up?

RHCP0801
08-02-2010, 09:34 AM
the mulitplex unit is part of the interior fuse box under the steering wheel. It controls almost all electrical parts of the car but usually the car starts if it has gone bad but it wont hurt to try and replace it....your gonna have to buy a whole new interior fuse box since the mulitplex is not sold seperatley

Ep3 ked
08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
the mulitplex unit is part of the interior fuse box under the steering wheel. It controls almost all electrical parts of the car but usually the car starts if it has gone bad but it wont hurt to try and replace it....your gonna have to buy a whole new interior fuse box since the mulitplex is not sold seperatley
eahh.. I really dont want to start buying parts I dont need. I checked everything for the fuse box under the dash fuses+relays are geting power and there not broke. I also tryed jumping the starter while trying to jump the bat. still nothing shits driving me nutz

I wonder if anyone els has had this problem after a build or somthing....?

robhep3
08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Wouldn't hurt to run through and double check all your grounds. Occasionally you'll miss putting one back on during reassembly. Also, is your immobilizer (the green key in the cluster) on steady or flashing? May indicate something's amiss there, as well.

RedSiBaron
08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
did you see any of the magic smoke get out? if it did its game over...

my first thought is check the ecu, but if you fried the ecu i would first try to diagnose the cause of the problem so it doesnt happen again... therefore i would start by checking grounds

Ep3 ked
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
No magic smoke lol didnt really check the immobilizer key on the dash ill take a look tomrrow. I think It could be my neg. battery terminal its not looking so hot.. I have it wraped in electrical tape so im going to clean it up and make shure it has good contact. I hope thats it.

Civic5lug
08-04-2010, 06:05 PM
No magic smoke lol didnt really check the immobilizer key on the dash ill take a look tomrrow. I think It could be my neg. battery terminal its not looking so hot.. I have it wraped in electrical tape so im going to clean it up and make shure it has good contact. I hope thats it.

:doh:
whats the point of that?
Problem with swapping ECU's is you'll have to do it with someone that has kpro so you can disable the immobilizer. Without kpro someone elses ECU woulnt start your car due to the immobilizer. Your best bet is to find a real good gear head or take it to a shop with a real good rep.

smykhaisouk
08-05-2010, 08:58 AM
my girlfriends accord had a freak episode a few weeks ago where it wouldnt crank at all. it only had 50k on it without any known issues prior to that. luckily we had extended warranty so honda towed it to the dealer and come to find out, the ecu suddenly didnt recognize the keys. they ended up flashing the keys again and bingo. if you're having the same issue then you may want to consider this.

Ep3 ked
08-05-2010, 02:22 PM
my girlfriends accord had a freak episode a few weeks ago where it wouldnt crank at all. it only had 50k on it without any known issues prior to that. luckily we had extended warranty so honda towed it to the dealer and come to find out, the ecu suddenly didnt recognize the keys. they ended up flashing the keys again and bingo. if you're having the same issue then you may want to consider this.

True that.. This seems like it could be the issue. I changed the neg. wire on the battery no good. shes going to have to go to the shop.

bloodzombie
08-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Kinda sounds like you have the same problem as me except that I didn't do anything to my car, it just happened... I go to start it and I get radio, lights, gauges, everything electrical, but when you turn the key to the "start" position it's just dead.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?57726-Any-idea-why-my-EP3-won-t-start

If I can figure it out, I'll let you know, might be the same thing.

Ep3 ked
08-06-2010, 08:40 AM
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!! I figured I would go and give this one more shot.. The only thing I did was lower the car from the jacks. I turned the key to II and I said to myself. Hum sounded like the fuel pump went on. So I turned it over and there it goes.. started right up! dont ask me how I have no clue I havent done anything since. Now im just geting a crazy idle and my Battery light is on and my oil light is on.. any ideas or tips on what I should do? Thanks

RedSiBaron
08-06-2010, 09:40 AM
find your loose ground...thats my suggestion

Ep3 ked
08-06-2010, 10:42 AM
find your loose ground...thats my suggestion

traced all grounds. nothings loose, made shure I checked where all grounds where in the helms I have

thisisagame24
08-06-2010, 12:35 PM
gas and oil could have been away from the pumps from being jacked up. it has happend to some people before while being low on either and taking a hard turn.