PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems need help.

lordofthesiths
08-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Ok this is kinda complicated so bare with me.

so a while ago i was installing some LED footwell lighting and shorted it out. It caused the following items to know work proplerly. Radio,doorlock,dome light, beep when door is open and keys in ignition and some other stuff. so everyone including the honda dealer said i need a new multiplexer "underdash fuse box". I ordered a used one of here. installed no luck some problems.

Today i decided to hot wire my radio to get it to work. I figured that the 12volt positive wire that goes to the ignition also goes thru my multiplexer. I have a wire kit so here's the wire colors and what they go to.

On kit On car
Yellow white with red stripe
says 12v battery

Red yellow with red stripe
Ignition

I figure i can just hook it up to the yellow battery wire and i'll just have to turn the radio off everytime i get out of the car.

I disconnect the red wire from the Yellow with red stripe and connect it to the yellow and white with red stripe wire. nothing works so i get smart and get a multimeter.
with the car running i get 13.6v on yellow with red stripe and 1v on white with red stripe.
so i end up jumping the two wires and the radio starts working, I get the beeping bc my doors open. I'm assuming that everything else was working I didnt have time to check.
SO what i need is to know where the white with red stripe wire goes to. so if anyone has a real wiring diagram for our car that would be great. thanks and sorry for all that.

kingpuba
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
The multiplex unit is not fun to deal with. You can get detailed schematics of the electrical system in the Helm's Manual or Service Manual for our car. A quick google search should lead you to a 1000+ page PDF.

As for fuses go, there are 2 locations in which we have fuses. Under the hood (Engine bay) and under the dash (multiplex unit). There is a 7.5A fuse in the engine bay fuse box that controls most of the systems that don't work. I'd check to make sure that fuse isn't blow first, there should be a spare 10A fuse in the box as well. Use the cover to find the exact one.

Good luck.

lordofthesiths
08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
sorry forgot to mention that i checked all the fuses.
I'll look for those books but i think that someone had given me a wire diagram from one of those books and it really wasn't a wiring diagram.
I need one that shows each wire and the circuits inside anything that the wire goes thru so i can properly follow it.

Chad
08-03-2010, 06:57 PM
did you actually check the fuses for continuity?

lordofthesiths
08-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Lol yeah all fuses were checked with a multimeter.
I d/l the service Manuel. It looks likes it's gonne help but the version I got is locked and I can't print out the pages I need. So it's gonna be a pain in the ass.