PDA

View Full Version : k20a3 ENGINE REMOVAL GUIDE

playap07
08-01-2010, 10:38 PM
So is there an engine removal guide out there anywhere that gives a sorta a step by step process of removing a the stock (k20a3)engine for an EP3 and/or RSX? Ive seen and read the k24a1 install diy but i would like to see a step by step version. WHY? Im planning on removing my k20a3 and install a k24a1 and i have no experience with REMOVING THE ENGINE(SWAPS). I already ordered the EP3 Service manual for further instructions and troubleshooting. Just wonder what i can use as reference and a guide toward this project if someone put how to do this online. Why dont i have a professional do it? I dont feel like paying/trusting a mechaninc shop to work on my baby yah know. I want to take the pride in doing all the work myself that way i can only blame myself for messing up!:mbiggrin: ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRICIATED!

vbpracer
08-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Davis actually had a diy, somewhat, for the swap to a k24a1. It be hard to get a full diy, I think that when you remove an engine yourself you need a little background. Its honestly not difficult. Your best bet would probably be to look on crsx, I think there is a more complete diy for a k24a2, hopefully that will help you.

johnkimble
08-02-2010, 09:05 AM
service manual has it. i believe it recommends pulling it out of the bottom by dropping the sub-frame

Heitzke
08-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah the manual drops it out the bottom. Just finished up a swap yesterday and pulled the drivetrain out the top. Much easier IMO.

Ba82Ep3
08-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Yep. Out the top. Just loosen up the rad support so you can move it forward and you will have plenty of room to pull the engine and tranny out. This way you can leave your wheels on the car and roll it in and out of the garage as needed. FYI, you dont need to open your AC system either. Just tuck the compressor in the corner on the subframe...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/dnewms/100_0553.jpg

johnkimble
08-02-2010, 02:51 PM
^ great pic

that bay is CLEAN

playap07
08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
I havent recieved my service manual yet but if the info is in there on how to remove the engine and what not then ill def be using that 100% ill also surf around clubrsx and see what i can find. If i find something usefull ill post it up on this site. Good lookin out on some info. If yal got any more incite you know where to post it up!

Yep. Out the top. Just loosen up the rad support so you can move it forward and you will have plenty of room to pull the engine and tranny out. This way you can leave your wheels on the car and roll it in and out of the garage as needed. FYI, you dont need to open your AC system either. Just tuck the compressor in the corner on the subframe...

QUOTE]
interesting. roger that. i like the idea of keeping the wheels on.

[QUOTE=Heitzke;783264]Yeah the manual drops it out the bottom. Just finished up a swap yesterday and pulled the drivetrain out the top. Much easier IMO.

yea thats what i want to do. Take it out from the top. i dont really feel like dropping the subframe or dropping anything from the bottom of the car.

playap07
08-04-2010, 09:33 PM
ahhhhhhh found one. I cant see the pics(work computer) but heres the link and it has some useful info on it! http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=668765