PDA

View Full Version : Dash/Climate Control lights out

Nooget
08-02-2010, 09:34 PM
The right side of my instrument panel (from about 80 mph to the fuel gauge) and the climate control lights are all out. Any ideas? I checked the underhood fuses, but they seem to be good. Anyone experience this before?

I'm doubt it's the bulbs since it's more than just one light. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

SkareKrow
08-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Bump For More info! Im having somewhat of the problem.
Mine is RPM 5+ and the 0MPH to 60 or so. ALl out I have to literally beat the crap out of the cluster plastic casing on top of it to turn on. Try beating yours up! But I dont recommend it might make things more lose. Is there any possible way of how to take out the Cluster with out ruining anything and changing LED's or whatever may be there.

:bump:
:bump2:

Kentoneseboi
08-15-2010, 02:31 AM
wow i thought i was the only one who had this problem too....same thing with me fuses are ok

talonXracer
08-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Seems a common issue, most of the time it is due to adding a head unit to the existing chassis wiring. There will be a damaged trace on the board inside the gauge cluster.

sjloeffler
09-13-2010, 01:50 PM
my climate control interior lights were out for the longest time, two weeks ago I got a new battery and cleaned the cable ends and now they all work. all my interior lights seem brighter now too.

mp_02si
09-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Changing the light in the back of your cluster is very easy; but like talon said there have been problems in the past with this happening from adding an aftermarket head unit and I also believe a couple guys burnt their cluster up using the ebay fogs with the ebay harness that comes with it. As for my climate control lights the defroster light and a couple others intermittently work. Depends on the day of the week lol.

kingpuba
09-14-2010, 07:45 AM
just in the process of finishing my install....and the dials use 2 neo wedge T5 bulbs and the a/c/defrost etc uses 2 neo wedge T3 bulbs...

Once you figure out how to take the center console out..the bulbs are quite easy to replace....and pretty cheap if you have the patience to buy them on ebay for pennies while waiting weeks for delivery...

the cluster use a bunch of t5 twist locks ...and arereally easy to replace....

kp

brenden
10-02-2010, 07:30 AM
my climate control interior lights were out for the longest time, two weeks ago I got a new battery and cleaned the cable ends and now they all work. all my interior lights seem brighter now too.

You're talking about the battery cable right you cleaned?....I just put a deck, amp, and sub in my car this week and the defroster is now not working. My car is an '03 and it appears to be the original battery.

beechstreet
10-02-2010, 10:07 PM
just in the process of finishing my install....and the dials use 2 neo wedge T5 bulbs and the a/c/defrost etc uses 2 neo wedge T3 bulbs...

Once you figure out how to take the center console out..the bulbs are quite easy to replace....and pretty cheap if you have the patience to buy them on ebay for pennies while waiting weeks for delivery...

the cluster use a bunch of t5 twist locks ...and arereally easy to replace....

kp

+1 for getting the bulbs on ebay. I bought genuine honda bulbs and none of them worked. the ebay ones did the trick for a fraction of the price.

Mr.Civic
10-23-2010, 12:19 PM
The right side of my instrument panel and the climate control lights are out i checked all the fuses they all check good. and i checked the climate control light they are good and they have power to them but dont light???? any ideas

krod
03-04-2011, 03:04 PM
i bought t3 bulbs for my defrost,ac and recirculate switch and they dont fit.

talonXracer
03-04-2011, 03:40 PM
The right side of my instrument panel and the climate control lights are out i checked all the fuses they all check good. and i checked the climate control light they are good and they have power to them but dont light???? any ideas

Again there is a fried trace on the board within the gauge cluster, correct the incorrect radio wiring, and then repair the fried board trace.

The dash lights can have power to them all day long 24/7 and not light up, that is because the switched leg is NOT the power/positive line, but the ground line.(it is red with a black stripe)

A typeR gauge cluster without the proper wiring mods will also produce the same issue.