PDA

View Full Version : Touch up armrests on doors?

sifrk32
08-04-2010, 07:02 AM
The armrests on my doors appear discolored from over the years. And the one armrest has some slight overspray (very light) when I was fiberglassing my doors:oops:. Overspray is a little bit of red paint btw. Is there any product recomendations to make them like new again? Thx in advance.

ttttrigg3r
08-20-2010, 08:26 PM
^^^^^

Ronnie
08-21-2010, 12:04 AM
ur best bet is to replace them with a set of brand new ones
:thumbu:

RHDmeatwagon
08-21-2010, 06:02 AM
I've never tried it, but maybe even clay bar the arm rest. as long as its not too textured it will at least take the paint off.

sifrk32
08-21-2010, 06:37 AM
thanks for the bump ttttrigg3r.

took a closer look its not overspray its just some random white spots??? anyways i was looking up stuff online & might try a black vinyl dye when i re-do my doors over the winter. actually going to fabricate with black suede & red stitching around the edges like our seats...think it might look clean.

ep3jd
08-26-2010, 08:27 PM
thanks for the bump ttttrigg3r.

took a closer look its not overspray its just some random white spots??? anyways i was looking up stuff online & might try a black vinyl dye when i re-do my doors over the winter. actually going to fabricate with black suede & red stitching around the edges like our seats...think it might look clean.

i saw a really really botched up inserts on a set of door cards for sale on here or k20 or something once. it looked cool had it not been so poorly done. do it, post pics :mbiggrin: