PDA

View Full Version : AEM V2 SR or Injen SR intake??

Payback424
08-04-2010, 11:01 AM
sup people... hope everyone is good... im ready to jump on getting an intake for my EP and was wondering what would be better? the AEM V2 SR or the Injen SR?? i have had the V2 before and loved it but one of my buddies insists on the injen... your thoughts??

T_Virus
08-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Injen SP 1576 Cold air intake.

2k3hatchie
08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Everyone is going to suggest Cold Air right off the bat lol. I've got the Injen you're looking at and I've been very happy with it.

skep18
08-04-2010, 12:36 PM
A tube is a tube is a tube. Only noticable differences (hardly at that) will be between a CAI and SRI. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter. Neither will transform your engine into a high output powerplant.

Passenger
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
sr intake will give you like 43 hp to the wheels
ca intake will give you like 602 hp to the wheels. For only $30 more Id make the more reasonable decision.

ttttrigg3r
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
you're in socal. go with cai

Payback424
08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
cool i see everyone agrees witht he cold air... now i can get the V2 in cold air as well...what then?? Injen or AEM?

skep18
08-04-2010, 01:18 PM
cool i see everyone agrees witht he cold air... now i can get the V2 in cold air as well...what then?? Injen or AEM?

Choose based on what sticker you'd rather put on your vehicle or by what name you'd rather include on your mods list. There is no other difference between the two. Both are tubes with filters.

Payback424
08-04-2010, 01:19 PM
what tube do you have??

skep18
08-04-2010, 01:26 PM
what tube do you have??

My EP3 is long since gone, but when I did have it, I had the AEM V2 SRI for my fear of hydrolock. But if you're in a dry area, don;t worry about it. Many people even say hydrolock is a myth! But that's another thread altogether... lol. But either way, I found a used one in the FS section. That's the only reason. Otherwise I like the name Injen better, lmao! Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll be happy. Just remember, whatever money you don;t spend on this can be set aside towards Kpro!

Payback424
08-04-2010, 01:41 PM
lol i see the light now...lol thanks man..i think i have made my decision AEM it is..i liek AEM more so becasue its my daughters initials lol

STP03BlueSI
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
V2 I have owned both the V2 and injen SRI and I have more pull than the injen. Also the injen sat closer to the header and needed a heat shield.

T_Virus
08-05-2010, 12:45 PM

The V2 is not a CAI...but there is a smaller aem cai version.

Second time I would tell you again to get the Injen SP1576 cai since you also live in california...but do what ever you want.

karxarias
08-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Not sure what the story is now but back in the day the king sh*t one was the AEM CAI for the RSX-Types. It does require chopping out a piece of the plastic in the wheelwell though. It sucks in air from just in front of the front tire so it's about the coldest air you are going to get short of a ram air style setup which I've not yet seen on this site.

As to hydrolocking I've on unfortunately more than one occasion gone too fast through fairly deep puddles (like 2-4") and sucked up a bunch of water and all that happened is the car bogged down to like 1500rpm for a couple mins and was belching steam out the tailpipe but within 5 minutes the engine was back to normal and it's been months since the last time i did that (had it happen 3 times) and as far as I can tell my car is running strong as ever.

As far as short ram versus cold air goes the colder the air the denser the charge and thus the more power. The short ram sucks in air from the hot engine bay while the cold air intake doesn't. I think based on dynos the difference is only a couple HP though.

You know the feeling of your car on a cold day versus a hot day, how it has more power? When I got my CAI installed it felt like that, just all the time. I looove the intake noise when you go full throttle, it totally drowns out the stock muffler even with a bigger midpipe and no resonator like I have. It will make you drool in tunnels! You will notice less power in first gear but it makes up for it with more power in the upper ranges of 2nd and keeps going from there.

PatrickJamesYu
08-27-2010, 03:35 PM
I have the injen short ram in my ep3 right now
I dig
Felt a difference and heard a difference between the stock air box.
I'm selling mine this month if you're interested, pm me
But all these guys are right.
They all know what they're talking about
Anyways, I've only felt differences between: sri, cai, and the passwordjdm one.
The password performed like the cai, but sounded way more ballzy in my opinion.

Reason I'm selling the sri:
So I can get the injen cai ;)
Haha

nonamealr
08-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Another thing to consider is smog check time. I have an injen sri for now but don't have the stock intake so kinda screwed. But for me i'd rather have one that has carb stickers and wont need to be switched every time you need to smog, which is usually only every other year, but i'm lazy lol. So I'm gonna pick up a V2.

Oh, just wondering, don't cai supposedly lose some low end torque, thats the main reason i've been wanting to stick with the sri. And i know as far as hp, you're not gonna get too much more from a cai...

PatrickJamesYu
08-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Another thing to consider is smog check time. I have an injen sri for now but don't have the stock intake so kinda screwed. But for me i'd rather have one that has carb stickers and wont need to be switched every time you need to smog, which is usually only every other year, but i'm lazy lol. So I'm gonna pick up a V2.

Oh, just wondering, don't cai supposedly lose some low end torque, thats the main reason i've been wanting to stick with the sri. And i know as far as hp, you're not gonna get too much more from a cai...

You have problems smogging with the Injen sri?
I know a guy that will smog you :D
but I didn't have a problem with mine when I got my car smogged

jed_averill
08-27-2010, 05:53 PM
I read in on of the threads in here that Injen CAI is smog legal. Maybe I read something else?

nonamealr
08-27-2010, 06:24 PM
From my understanding anything without carb stickers will not get passed. That's not to say it can't pass, but the legit smog places wont pass it... The injen sri i have doesn't have any carb stickers, so yeah. I just want to avoid as much trouble as possible, don't want to swap a bunch of stuff just to pass, or pay someone $300 to pass me lol. They're supposedly cracking down on shops that do that now. We'll see, i just want to be able to say to a dumbass cop that pulls me over for my "modified exhaust" to send me to the ref and not have anything to worry about.

At least until i go boost anyways heheh.

Distance
08-27-2010, 06:25 PM
From my understanding anything without carb stickers will not get passed. That's not to say it can't pass, but the legit smog places wont pass it... The injen sri i have doesn't have any carb stickers, so yeah. I just want to avoid as much trouble as possible, don't want to swap a bunch of stuff just to pass, or pay someone $300 to pass me lol. They're supposedly cracking down on shops that do that now. We'll see, i just want to be able to say to a dumbass cop that pulls me over for my "modified exhaust" to send me to the ref and not have anything to worry about.

ill loan you my aem sri that has a carb sticker to pass if you need it.

PatrickJamesYu
08-27-2010, 06:35 PM

haha yeah
a local shop got busted for passing non-smog passing cars

But I passed smog legitly with my Injen short ram
I had no problems with it
but I've only done it once since I installed the sri

PatrickJamesYu
08-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I read in on of the threads in here that Injen CAI is smog legal. Maybe I read something else?

I beleive that Injen proposes that every one of their intake products are carb legal and/or is pending legalization
So it is in the process of being legal.
Sadly it still doesn't have a carb sticker or emblem, so that information is useless to a cop.
It either has the sticker or not

nonamealr
08-28-2010, 07:28 PM
ill loan you my aem sri that has a carb sticker to pass if you need it.

Thanks chris, but it's for the ep i'm gonna try and sell lol. So I think i'll just end up switching the stock airbox from my new baby into the old one and possibly the good cat too. I'll replace it later when i have some more money. Oh, and next week my new baby goes in for some "plastic surgery" LOL, it's gonna look sick once it's done.:mtongue: I'll post pics after.