PDA

View Full Version : driveability with LSD?? Any way to check???

Jukka
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Is there any way to check if a car has an LSD besides laying down a strip of rubber?? IE are there any drivability symptoms?? Main reason I'm asking is that ive been noticing that ive noticed that my car grabs really well during acceleration, and as i turn corners at a low speed from a stop, i get a bit of tire squeel. I know my alignment is good (got it done back in february), and I've driven some of my buddies RWD cars with 1.5 way and 2way LSDs and have had the same symptoms. I bought the car with some mods already done to it, and to be honest, I cant remember if the guy mentioned it had an LSD or not.

usedep3
08-04-2010, 09:02 PM
while you're in a turn, you can feel the LSD working through the steering wheel.

the day i had my wavetrac installed, i did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tudbb1JRVRQ

Passenger
08-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I think if was wondering that I'd burn out at an abandoned warehouse or something just to see if you have one tire fire or not. I imagine taht's a lot easier than taking the tranny out and looking.

Jukka
08-05-2010, 06:19 AM
ill see if i can lay a strip tonight at some point. I usually do feel when i accelerate hard, theres no torque steer. It just keeps straight and true when i giver. If worse comes to worse, ill check doing the jack stand thing, just right now i have 6 fingers that are kinda fucked up. 3 impacted nails, and skin missing off 1/4 of my finger.

Slip_Angle
08-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Turn the wheel all the way left or right and do a constant circle. Let the wheel go and keep on the gas. If the wheel straightens there is no LSD. If the car keeps the circle then you have a working LSD.