PDA

View Full Version : K-Pro help?

acuralvr2002
08-05-2010, 12:15 PM
I own a 04 ep3 with everythign stock except air intake. I am interested in buying a hondata k-pro. I wanna know what are the best specs or the best setup to get the most out of my k-pro and what is the best reliable place to goget it all tuned and done at?

kprocivic
08-05-2010, 06:12 PM
It depends what you want. If you want to stay all motor then your best bet would be I/e/rh/cams maybe. Tuning is like everything else you pay for what you get. Edo performance I think they are in daygo and I hear they do a good job. Church does great tuning also but there not in daygo.

acuralvr2002
08-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Do you know of any good tuning shops. I know of one but i do not know what or how much they charge. I think they r just a dyno shop i do not know if they do tuning also. lol SuCkS...

Civic5lug
08-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Kpro is SUPER over kill for your setup, Stick with a reflash. It runs very good with I/H/E setups. If you get more mods then basic bolt ons then invest in upgrading to Kpro from the reflash.

Here's a link to some dealers listed on the Hondata webite. They should be able to help you find a tuner if you go Kpro
http://hondata.com/dealers.html

acuralvr2002
08-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Ok i understand that. My boy said that a reflash is a waste of money and that to save up for the kpro. How much does it cost to do a reflash cause i have all stock setupand soon want to upgrade later. I am going to give my suspension and custom exhaust done then will do small things or one time at a time. If you know the cost for a reflash let me know or give me a website of one thanks man.

chubbychu
08-09-2010, 03:28 AM
I've had Hondata Kpro twice. Haha. Meaning, I got it for JRSC, then sold it, then got it again to run the k24a2. And trust me it's worth every penny. I know you might be thinking, "well you were running those kind of setups that required it." But I really firmly believe that kpro opens up a WHOLE world of possibilities. You can raise your redline to whatever you want it to be. Datalog. Tune fuel for optimum mileage, etc etc. You can also change parameters for launch control and have the ability to self-diagnose check engine lights. Even in comparison to other cars. No other engine that I know of has such a user-friendly programming that you can use to control your car. I'm trying to find support like KPRO for my other cars, and it simply does not exist.

I definitely understand that because it cost $1000.00 it makes it hard to really think about getting it, but it'll be one of the best $1000 dollars you spent, because it's not only a modification, but a tool to teach you about your car, and about cars in general.

From a performance standpoint, the reflash can only do so much. If you're gonna stop after getting an intake, then you might want to just consider not spending that 600 for reflash all together. But who really ever just stops modding? You'll get intake, then exhaust and then race header, and then after that, you'll wish you had kpro.

The problem with reflash is that you need to send your ecu and stuff in to be reflashed and then have 3-4 days downtime without the car. And then if you decide to sell the car, you will want to sell your 600 dollar reflash, but wont be able use another ECU because it's not mated to your car. OR if you buy a separate ecu, you'll need to take your car to the dealer to get the new ecu matched up to your immobilizer. This Is A PAIN in the ass and is the key reason I wouldn't get reflash. don't ever have your car mated to another ecu. The reason is because if you sell the car in the future, and you want to put your stock ecu in, you'll have to get it re-mated to your original ecu. The mating process costs almost 150.00 from honda. If you buy a used kpro on a spare ecu, you can turn off the immobilizer and use the ecu without having it mated to your car.

Anyways, I know it's pretty spendy for what seems to be like very little "gains" but, the gains are there, just not in horsepower. What you're paying for is optimization and customizability. After you get KPRO you'll be able to throw any mod at the car, and be able to tune it for maximum efficiency for the rest of the life of your car. It works as nitrous control, has boost tables if you want to go forced induction etc.

acuralvr2002
08-09-2010, 09:08 AM
damn man thanks for all the info man that was very useful and very good information. Do you happen to still have your kpro that you wanna sell or know anyone that wants to sell one because i will just the kpro for my car. I soon will have a custom exhaust and maybe minor stuff to the head. for right now just minor stuff like rear control arms and stuff like that.

chubbychu
08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
damn man thanks for all the info man that was very useful and very good information. Do you happen to still have your kpro that you wanna sell or know anyone that wants to sell one because i will just the kpro for my car. I soon will have a custom exhaust and maybe minor stuff to the head. for right now just minor stuff like rear control arms and stuff like that.

I haven't had my kpro for a couple years now, but they're ALWAYS popping up on Clubrsx, EPHATCH, K-series and k20a.org. These are all the K series forums that use kpro. You can save quite a bit by going used too. At first It'll be hard to understand how it works, but give it an honest effort to learn and you'll be self-tuning in no time.

acuralvr2002
08-10-2010, 08:55 AM
I haven't had my kpro for a couple years now, but they're ALWAYS popping up on Clubrsx, EPHATCH, K-series and k20a.org. These are all the K series forums that use kpro. You can save quite a bit by going used too. At first It'll be hard to understand how it works, but give it an honest effort to learn and you'll be self-tuning in no time.

well i will try and go to one of those forums as well or go to those spots to check and see cause i really want to get as much out of my engine as possible and still keep it stock also. I just want a fast or somewhat fast/torque car to drive lol. learnde a lot buddy thanks again.

DisSumShit
08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
i have a question can i use my friends kpro for type s for my car???

lowep3
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
i have a question can i use my friends kpro for type s for my car???

Yeah, just make sure you turn off the immobilizer.

DisSumShit
08-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah, just make sure you turn off the immobilizer.

ok another question what about if i get a k24a2 swap can i still use the type s kpro... i know im a noob but i dont want to buy his kpro if its not going to work for my car...

lowep3
08-15-2010, 11:46 AM
ok another question what about if i get a k24a2 swap can i still use the type s kpro... i know im a noob but i dont want to buy his kpro if its not going to work for my car...

Yep, Kpro will work on any k-series motor.

mugen03
08-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Yep, Kpro will work on any k-series motor.

thats why its a pro.......

i_love_my_ep3!
08-16-2010, 03:38 PM
ok sorry im new too this to im doing a k24a1 in my ep :) so if u were to buy a used kpro all i need to do is get the imolbiezer turned off? ok is that feautre on kpro do i need to take it some where to get it turned off? wat all dose kpro come with so i can make sure if i buy it used im not getting ripped off or to know wat parts like cables ect.. to get

acuralvr2002
08-17-2010, 08:01 AM
that is why k-pro is the best but i am not going to get mines until i either get my engine swap or get engine work done to my car. i want to make sure that i get the most out of my k-pro and out of my car at the same time. When i am ready i will let you know cause i want to get it tuned to perfection. then it will be ready for the streets lol

mugen03
08-17-2010, 09:12 AM
ok sorry im new too this to im doing a k24a1 in my ep :) so if u were to buy a used kpro all i need to do is get the imolbiezer turned off? ok is that feautre on kpro do i need to take it some where to get it turned off? wat all dose kpro come with so i can make sure if i buy it used im not getting ripped off or to know wat parts like cables ect.. to get

you can turn it off in kmanager, if im not mistaken i think its under misc... comes with the software on a cd,the cable, the ecu