PDA

View Full Version : door lock

Reaper27
08-07-2010, 05:24 AM
I wasn't quite sure where to post this so I'll put it in the interior section. Well yesterday I got up and went to work and my car worked fine. I went on break about 8:30 and went out to my car but when I hit the unlock button on my remote nothing happened on the driver's side. I could hear the locks moving and it unlocked the passenger door and the hatch on the second press. So unlocked my door manually and got in. When I was in the car I tried to use the door lock button on the door and it worked fine with the other two doors but still nothing on the driver's door. When I lock and unlock it the pin moves just a little bit but it won't do anything. Also though if I actually press it down or pull it up it works fine and if I press it down it locks all the other doors like its suppose to. Would this be covered under warrnety if I took it to the dealership since I bought it just over a year ago? It kinda seems like maybe someone tried to break into my car and messed the lock up cause like I said it worked perfectly fine till then and worked fine that morning when I went to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I can't really afford huge repair bills cause I'm in the process of moving. Thanks

sifrk32
08-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Have you recently removed your door panels? Sometimes the lock cable isn't hooked up correctly or came loose in the door panels. This may be an easy fix, or atleast before you take it to the dealership take a look for yourself...remove your door panel (diy links are on this site on how) and check the cable for your lock. It should be snuggly fit into the hooks on the door panel. Sometimes if the cable is loose or fell off the hooks it'll relieve tension and not lock properly. Should only take you 5-10 minutes to fix if the cable is loose.

astrocruiser
04-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Have you recently removed your door panels? Sometimes the lock cable isn't hooked up correctly or came loose in the door panels. This may be an easy fix, or atleast before you take it to the dealership take a look for yourself...remove your door panel (diy links are on this site on how) and check the cable for your door lock switch (http://www.racepages.com/parts/door_lock_switch.html). It should be snuggly fit into the hooks on the door panel. Sometimes if the cable is loose or fell off the hooks it'll relieve tension and not lock properly. Should only take you 5-10 minutes to fix if the cable is loose.

wow, i wish your suggestion could help me fix my problem. i dont really know if the culprit is the actuator or the stupid door lock switch itself. i just dont wanna visit my dealer without me trying to fix it by myself. sorry for digging i wish no one gets mad because of a man searching for answers on other threads instead of asking same thing over and over again. cheers!