PDA

View Full Version : Hi from across the pond.

WROnG-UN
08-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Hello all,my name is Adrian I'm from Nottingham in England (U.K.) and I
found your forum on a google search.
Thought I'd sign up as I'm in the process of buying a U.k. spec EP3 type R
and will be modifying it in a sort of USDM style so thought I'd get some
inspiration on here.Currently drive a Lexus mk1 Gs300 but hope to have my
Honda soon.

K20wagon
08-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Welcome to ephatch!

lbk02si
08-07-2010, 10:15 AM
welcome home skillet!

little advice.... in the name of all that is good and holy don't convert over to USDM, we had nothing on the US version of the ep that i can imagine that you would want!

good luck with your build!

misterep3
08-07-2010, 10:23 AM
heyy ill trade you my usdm bumpers and lights for your typer bumpers with lights =), but i doubt youd be interested

talonXracer
08-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Welcome to EPhatch!

Your typeR with some USDM bumpers and HFP parts will garner far more looks and complients over on that side of the pond, as the old addage says "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

K20wagon
08-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Welcome to EPhatch!

Your typeR with some USDM bumpers and HFP parts will garner far more looks and complients over on that side of the pond, as the old addage says "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

This is true lol. Over on epcivic.com all the euro eps want to be like the us eps and over here on ephatch.com all the us eps want to be like the euro eps. I guess you always want what you cant have huh.

lbk02si
08-07-2010, 03:00 PM
This is true lol. Over on epcivic.com all the euro eps want to be like the us eps and over here on ephatch.com all the us eps want to be like the euro eps. I guess you always want what you cant have huh.

That's weird bc I think the stock usdm bumpers are ugly, especially with the reflectors.

K20wagon
08-07-2010, 04:41 PM
That's weird bc I think the stock usdm bumpers are ugly, especially with the reflectors.

I know I do to actually. I am going to be picking up the jdm bumpers in bout 2 months so I can get rid of the usdm bumpers finally. To each his on though I guess.

cjohnst
08-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I just can't imagine anyone wanted my bumpers, or anything for that matter when they have type-r... interesting..

WROnG-UN
08-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Sorry for the confusion guys I will be keeping the bumpers just getting the car to sit in that sort of Hellaflush style.
We've only just caught onto that this year in the U.K. Concentrating on engine mainly just want it to sit nice though.

K20wagon
08-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys I will be keeping the bumpers just getting the car to sit in that sort of Hellaflush style.
We've only just caught onto that this year in the U.K. Concentrating on engine mainly just want it to sit nice though.

Ya I have noticed with some cars from over there are now having the hella flush look.