PDA

View Full Version : most bang for your buck exhaust

THE DANIMAL
08-07-2010, 08:45 AM
hey my name is daniel and im new to the ep hatch club. however i recently bought a 2002 ep3 i have only tinted the windows and lowered it since i got it. I plan on buying an exaust as my next step. which exhuast should i buy i have herd a skunk 2 with an obx racing header and it sounded legit. please help me out im lookin for the most bang for my buck i dont wana waist my money just for brad names but i want it to sound mean! thanks guys, PEACE

Sucka
08-07-2010, 09:05 AM
HKS Hi-Power! My favorite Exhaust!

Onasty
08-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I have a skunk2 exhaust i used for 6k miles for sale 450

talonXracer
08-07-2010, 09:27 AM
All those fart can exhausts are far too loud, attracts the man like a kid to candy. A loop exhaust is the only way to go.

Onasty
08-07-2010, 09:47 AM
All those fart can exhausts are far too loud, attracts the man like a kid to candy. A loop exhaust is the only way to go.

mine doesnt sound like a fart can it justt really loud full throttle

POOPTOOTH
08-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't know about 'bang for your buck' but I absolutely LOVE my Greddy SE, nice and quiet, even with a race header. And its pretty easy on the eyes too!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/IMG_2138.jpg

BeaterEP
08-07-2010, 11:27 AM
That is one sexxxy lookin exhaust man. Like that titanium look with the VBP too. :mcool:

Tougeep3
08-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Most bang for your buck exhaust, Megan Racing 2 1/4" midpipe. The midpipe (factory, 1 7/8") is a long thin straw. A loooooooonng time ago Hondata did some dyno testing and concluded the factory muffler isn't a restrictive factor till nearing 300..

Yes the factory backbox is heavier than an aftermarket one but you get hassled for being in a Honda, why add noise also. Besides dual chrome tips are hard to beat..As for sound, it's hard to beat IMO...

more than I thought I'd write.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
08-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Most bang for your buck exhaust, Megan Racing 2 1/4" midpipe. The midpipe (factory, 1 7/8") is a long thin straw. A loooooooonng time ago Hondata did some dyno testing and concluded the factory muffler isn't a restrictive factor till nearing 300..

Yes the factory backbox is heavier than an aftermarket one but you get hassled for being in a Honda, why add noise also. Besides dual chrome tips are hard to beat..As for sound, it's hard to beat IMO...

more than I thought I'd write.

I agree just get a larger mid pipe race header and call it a day. It might not be as loud as a full catback but you will get all the benifits with out all the noise and harrasment from other cars and cops.

LLH
08-07-2010, 06:57 PM
supersprint FTW..

Type_R_Nammer
08-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Spoon n1 axle back, and you have the option of adding a t1r mid pipe or megan mid pipe to sound meaner.

RedSiBaron
08-07-2010, 09:16 PM

agree 100%...

nothing beats a twin loop for sound and performance...to add to this, on an N/A k20, you should run 2.25" piping...exhaust velocity, it's all about it

DRP967
08-07-2010, 09:26 PM
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/catalog/buddyclub/bc.specIIexh_d.jpg

Go down to your local muffler shop and have them make you a custom set up. Heres is what i have on my EP3 and recommend to you:

From the cat back:

Mandrel bent 2.5 inch SS midpipe > Magnaflow resonator> 3 inch Magnaflow tip for OEM appearance.

*Basically a "straight pipe" from the catalytic converter.

My inspiration for doing this was after seeing/hearing the Buddy Club Spec II on my friends Integras/S2000s.

*Exhaust note is deep and throaty, low RPMS to mid and highs there is a nice "growl". Drone isnt bad at all, surprisingly its very minimal compared to other set ups ive had ie. Skunk2 catback aka N1 style. Also the car isnt loud unless i hit mid to high RPMs and floor it...if i drive the car conservatively its pretty quiet. So dont worry about the Popos popping you. Appearance wise this set up looks OEM because im running a small SS tip ie. Magnaflow. Stealth mode baby.
Good luck to you.

BTW i didnt go with the Buddy Club Spec II cause they dont have an application for the EP3. They have a Spec III but that one is not as loud since its a muffler.

*Also here is a youtube video of a Buddy Club Spec II on a RSX...its not an EP3 i know but your EP3 will sound like this since it has the same K series motor minus the peformance Vtak. This is how my EP3 sounds. Okay enough chit chat, heres the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qqakUGcR0g

Tortoise
08-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I love my megan racing drift spec. Its a full 2.5' stainless cafback exhaust. It sounds real nice too. Its only 315 dollars shipped. Only complaint i have is it is realllllly low. Im not dropped much and its about 2 inches off the ground. I jus gotta get some hangers welded up.

sleepy ep3
08-08-2010, 03:47 PM
I have a Apexi N1 catback for sale for 400 shipped. Has the heat coating all the way to the muffler for keeping the exhaust flow hot for faster exit.

Tougeep3
08-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Go down to your local muffler shop and have them make you a custom set up. Heres is what i have on my EP3 and recommend to you:

From the cat back:

Mandrel bent 2.5 inch SS midpipe > Magnaflow resonator> 3 inch Magnaflow tip for OEM appearance.

For a point of reference how much did that cost you?? Also is it SS or Aluminized piping.. Neat idea BTW.

REBUILT CIVIC
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
if u want a nice clean, non ricey sound, i would go with spoon or apexi. the spoon exhaust with a full spoon header system sounds AMAZING. yeah its pretty expensive but i think someone on here is selling it. also if u find a neuspeed exhaust for sale and its in pretty good condition i would jump on that cuz its also one of the best but it got discontinued a while ago.

4lugSLUG
08-08-2010, 08:04 PM
i saw these awhile back. who makes a decent quality one? I know greddy makes them but don't know if theres an app for our car?

Imo almost all exhaust are pretty much the same. You can only make the exhaust come out so smooth. a big exhaust is irrelevant unless you have inder the hood goods to push the exhaust out. If you just slap a full exhaust on you'll lose some back pressure. You can go race header and exhaust if your state doesn't require inspections every year like pa does. or just get a nice axle back if you want noise.

DRP967
08-09-2010, 06:30 AM
For a point of reference how much did that cost you?? Also is it SS or Aluminized piping.. Neat idea BTW.

Thanks.

Parts: SS mandrel bent midpipe, Magnaflow resonator, Magnaflow SS tip, hangers, etc.
Labor: Emmanuel did the work on my car from Emmanuel's Muffler in Alameda.

*BTW with this set up there is no heavy axleback/muffler to hang off the back/scrape speedbumps & driveways.
Lightweight, ultra non-restrictive, basically a Buddy Club Spec II style set up. Straight pipe baby.

siege911
08-09-2010, 04:23 PM
I don't know about 'bang for your buck' but I absolutely LOVE my Greddy SE, nice and quiet, even with a race header. And its pretty easy on the eyes too!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/IMG_2138.jpg

That is the exact exhaust I have on my '05 VBP, and with stock airbox/cat/header, it sounds nearly stock when idling, gives you a nice "Brrrruuuummm" upon startup, and is very low-tone. Plus, the tip looks sick on the back of our cars! I love this exhaust, I even had one on my gsr ej8 sedan, and it sounded perfect!