PDA

View Full Version : K24a8 swap questions and opinions.

K20wagon
08-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Ok so I have some questions about the k24a8. I have this guy I know that has the k24a8 block and head and he bought cause he was going to use it but never got to use and never had money to swap it in his car. He knows I am looking for a k24 and I was going to go with the k24a1 but he came with this offer. He offered me 300 to come and pick it up cause he is tired of looking at it cause he never has the money to use it. The only thing bad is he doesnt know if it runs or not.

I have looked and the k24a1 and k24a8 are almost the same. They have the same dislacemant, stroke and bore. The only thing really different is the hp is 6 more and the torque is like 2 or 3 less. Is the k24a8 a good motor like the a1 cause I have done little on the a8 but alot on the a1.

And what would I need to do the swap. Rear tranni mount. And would it be like the a1 where you can run the ep3 stock ecu off of it but run the stock cat cause without kpro and a race header it would run to lean. Can you do that in this motor or is the kpro the only way. So I guess rear tranni mount kpro, am I missing anything here. And I can just bolt up my ep3 5 speed tranni to it right. Thanks in advance for the help guys.

AUTiger
08-07-2010, 07:34 PM
it's the passenger mount bracket from a crv that you would need. And it should be okay on a stock ecu if you don't have ANY bolt-ons. Your 5speed will bolt up just fine.

K20wagon
08-08-2010, 12:09 AM
it's the passenger mount bracket from a crv that you would need. And it should be okay on a stock ecu if you don't have ANY bolt-ons. Your 5speed will bolt up just fine.

I wasnt sure if it was the rear tranni mount or the passenger side mount. I mean the k24a8 goes in the 07-08 accords and 07-08 elements. So wasnt to sure bout that. And I have race header and exhuast on my car now but will be putting the stock cat and everything on till I can get kpro. And will it be the same as the k24a1 having to run the 310cc injectors in it with the stock ecu.

EPSU3
08-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Isn't the exhaust mani strange on the A8? Also the hp gain is from the head change and ecu change so I'm not sure this one would run as safely as the a4 or a1. Just speaking hypothetically. For $300 bucks though its worth the try.

K20wagon
08-08-2010, 11:11 AM
I think like the a1 you will have to run without the front sway bar with the stock cat. And ya its a damn good deal for 300 bucks though dont know if it runs. When I get it I am going to take it apart and check evrything.

Jynkxsiep3
08-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Im about to do the samething also need help on whats needed for using stock ep3 ecu and could i be able to keep ac on it its a must here in tx.

Jynkxsiep3
08-08-2011, 06:16 AM
If you ever got more info on the swap i will apreciated if you could pass it on going the same way and i wanted to know whats needed to keep the stock ecu for a while and still be drivable.