PDA

View Full Version : progress adj 24mm rear sway. not ok for 04-05?

tallblondkid
08-08-2010, 09:11 AM
according to the website there are different part numbers for the 02-03 and 04-05 22mm rear sway but no part number for the 04-05 in the 24mm adj rear sway. what keeps the 24mm fitting an 04-05?

RedSiBaron
08-08-2010, 09:57 AM
itll work, there shouldnt be a difference

Ba82Ep3
08-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I had a 24mm Progress sway and tie bar combo on my 05 EP and the only issue was some contact with certain exhausts. I then went with a Hotchkis sway setup and the Progress tie bar and jizzed my pants...

sLiCk
08-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I had a 24mm Progress sway and tie bar combo on my 05 EP and the only issue was some contact with certain exhausts. I then went with a Hotchkis sway setup and the Progress tie bar and jizzed my pants...

When you say cerntain exhausts I assume you mean aftermarket? So it clears the stock exhaust fine?

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
08-08-2010, 02:21 PM
When you say cerntain exhausts I assume you mean aftermarket? So it clears the stock exhaust fine?

yes it will clear a stock exhaust fine the progress bars hit aftermarket exhaust's. Some people have had their aftermarket axel backs dented to clear the progress bar

Ba82Ep3
08-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Yep. At the time i had the DC single canister catback. Im not much of an exhaust whore... just got what was functional, not fashionable.

I switched to the DC5 ITR midpipe and stock EP axleback so i could hear my radio again, and had no clearance issues with the Progress bar... OR the thick Hotchkis bar for that matter.

The Progress tie bar is nice because it gives a flat area for the sway bar brackets to mount... and if you modify the swaybar bracket holes to allow the bar to move up and down, then it really gives your exhaust swaybar clearance.