PDA

View Full Version : like cheech and chong my bitch is still somken

Ep3 ked
08-08-2010, 10:00 AM
So I just changed the oil on the ep after doing this head gasket job and not driving it for 5 months. Im geting a crazy idel from 1k to 2k I know that the coolent needs to cycle thru and such so im not to worried about that, but I have my oil light on and the car is heating up quick. I ran it till it got to the point where it would be if the car was running normal but it keeps climbing. I also took out the spark plugs and cranked the car over to see if there was any smoke comming from the pistons no smoke.. so thats a good thing. Im still geting smoke from my tail pipe but its not as thick and heavy the smoke doesnt smell as sweet anymore eather. I would really like to know what the deal is with this oil light and the car heating up quick.. THANKS!

O ya I know that the gas is prob garbage now after siting for 5 months, I only have a little bit in there so what I plan on doing is geting a 5 gal jug with some super and mixing a little bit of octane boster in with it maybe that will calm my idel down to.. ? let me know what you think..

talonXracer
08-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Your idle issue is probably a stuck IAC, it is located on the bottom of the TB. There is a IAC cleaning DIY. Dont waste money on octane booster. The cooling issue could be a stuck Tstat. Also there is also probably a air bubble in the heater core, the car needs to be jacked up very high in the front, and with the heater selected full hot and fan on high to leed it properly.

Ep3 ked
08-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Ya I came across that DIY befor. Well the car stoped somking witch im very happy about. Im just worried about this oil light I think the oil pressuse sending switch might me messed up not the sending switch itself but the stupid little p1 connector that goes to it. Im not shure if I messed it up taking it out and puting it back in. Im going to have to do a oil pressure test and take the Tstat out and bypass it to see if the engine heats up quick likes it has been.