PDA

View Full Version : Tryin to squeeze out extra PONIES

Onasty
08-08-2010, 04:07 PM
take a look at my kal i made 197 and 147 torque...I had it tuned by miller @ nrgtech but i think i could get a lil extra out

AUTiger
08-11-2010, 09:27 AM
i am kind of surprised that vtec engagement was kept at 2200rpms. The only reason why vtec should be set at all is that you could fine tune in 250rpm increments. How is your gas mileage? I know it's a vtec killer setup, but I would think that a 20-30* cam angle would be nicer to your fuel economy.

I honestly would be pretty happy with your power right now. We have not seen anyone crack 200 with the vtec killers on an a3 bottom end, I know you are running a k24a1 head and one would think that would have pushed you over the 200 mark, but you're pretty damn close. It wouldn't hurt to atleast try out an rbc, especially if all you want is top-end. I can't decide if I will change out my PRC for an rbc when i swap my skunk2 stage II's from my setup into an a4 or complete a1. Also, try a 3in intake from injen or fujita and a velocity stack. Sell the bcrh and buy a krrh or crsxrh and use the spare cash left over for a velocity stack.

Onasty
08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
i am kind of surprised that vtec engagement was kept at 2200rpms. The only reason why vtec should be set at all is that you could fine tune in 250rpm increments. How is your gas mileage? I know it's a vtec killer setup, but I would think that a 20-30* cam angle would be nicer to your fuel economy.

I honestly would be pretty happy with your power right now. We have not seen anyone crack 200 with the vtec killers on an a3 bottom end, I know you are running a k24a1 head and one would think that would have pushed you over the 200 mark, but you're pretty damn close. It wouldn't hurt to atleast try out an rbc, especially if all you want is top-end. I can't decide if I will change out my PRC for an rbc when i swap my skunk2 stage II's from my setup into an a4 or complete a1. Also, try a 3in intake from injen or fujita and a velocity stack. Sell the bcrh and buy a krrh or crsxrh and use the spare cash left over for a velocity stack.

I would break 200 with the rbc but i dont wanna lose power throughout my entire powerband. Thats the reason i went with the prc and gas mileage is great if i shift at 3k anymore WOTT rans light to light and gas drops too quick. I am going to try a velocity stack and deff break 200

Hasbro
08-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Been waiting for this but it won't open for me. Would someone please open it on here? It says attached files but it won't show a pic when I click it.

Onasty
08-11-2010, 10:24 PM
wat do u mean open it for you??

Hasbro
08-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Could someone display the graph as a picture instead of an attached file.

AUTiger
08-12-2010, 08:02 AM
it's not a graph, it's a k-pro calibration. Download k-pro and you won't have problems opening it