PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of water spots?

RHCP0801
08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
The hood and fenders of my car are covered in waterspots, i tried a few things and nothing has worked so far. My car is black so they stand out a lot....anyone know of a product that gets rid of them?

mugen03
08-11-2010, 08:18 AM
have you tried meguiars cleaner wax? i had the same issue and my car is also black. my paint is crap to begin with but it seemed to work pretty decent

thisisagame24
08-11-2010, 08:56 AM
give the car a good wash with dawn soap then use a clay bar, if they arent too bad the claybar should take them off. if that doesnt work youll need to get a good detail

DgrzEp3
08-13-2010, 01:13 AM
meguiars clay bar with meguiars quick detailer FTW

i believe those products now come in a kit.

took care of my waterspots.

Tortoise
08-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Mines had water spots since i got it two years ago! mever been able to get rid of them. Ill finally be gettin it fully detailed and it better work.

username011
08-14-2010, 07:41 AM
meguiars clay bar with meguiars quick detailer FTW

i believe those products now come in a kit.

took care of my waterspots.

Ive never used the clay bar but the meguiars quick detailer is amazing..Ive used just about every quick detailer I can get my hands on and they all suck compared to meguirars. I got tons of empty bottles of it in my garage.. haha

I least to have over spray all over my car and other things and I just waxed my car more frequently and it got rid of all of it.. now my paint is deep black with no imperpections except scratches.

Blackexcoupe
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Like most people have said I'd start with clay barring the car for the lightest solution on how to remove water spots. If that doesn't work they'll need to be polished or compounded off the paint. If you don't have access to a polisher you could try meguiars water spot remover which is part of their marine line for boats. I've heard if you dilute vinegar with water and spray it on a towel then let it sit on the spots it would remove the spots, but I haven't tried it personally.

Ive never used the clay bar but the meguiars quick detailer is amazing..Ive used just about every quick detailer I can get my hands on and they all suck compared to meguirars. I got tons of empty bottles of it in my garage.. haha

I least to have over spray all over my car and other things and I just waxed my car more frequently and it got rid of all of it.. now my paint is deep black with no imperpections except scratches.Have you tried Smartwax ONE or FK425? There are so many quick detailers better than meguiars, but they are also a lot pricier.