PDA

View Full Version : Who drives or has ran

i_love_my_ep3!
08-10-2010, 01:13 PM
A K24A1 SIMLLER OR LIKE THIS?

WANT TO KNOW HOW IT RUNS COMPAIRD TO THE K20A3 WITH BOLT ONS?

I DONT HAVE ALOT OF CASH TO BUY K PRO JUST YET OR GET A 6SP TRANNY:mfrown:.

BUT IM DOING THE K24A1, WITH TYPE S 310'S,WITH MY A3 ECU,AND 5 SPEED TRANNY WITH EXEDY ORGANIC CLUTCH AND ACT STREET LIGHT FLY WHEEL:mbiggrin:.

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-10-2010, 04:47 PM
you need kpro it'll run a little lean, k24a1 ftmfw if your on a budget. you can use the tranny, you need the crv passenger side mount. the clutch kit set up is good.
and again you need a kpro

i_love_my_ep3!
08-10-2010, 11:58 PM
i already have the crv mount i know i need kpro

buy question was who has or has drove there k24a1 on a3 ecu on 310s with no bolt ons? if it was much faster than k20a3 with mild bolt ons

mugen03
08-11-2010, 06:37 AM
i drove mine for about 25 thousand on the stock ecu with and without bolt ons. if your in a hurry to drop it in without kpro no matter what anyone tells you to do your not going to listen because thats how i was. they tell you that for a reason because its the truth. yes it runs, are you going to feel a difference yes. you will feel even more of a difference with kpro. i honestly think you should spend the money on kpro first then save for a swap. a full bolt on a3 with kpro would be faster then a stock a1 without kpro.

i_love_my_ep3!
08-11-2010, 09:35 PM
yeah i know itS not that i dont want or cant buy kpro its just when i start school in three weeks plus i work 2 jobs to help out my single mother i wanted to just drop it in cause i already have everything but kpro im just tierd of my a3 no tq!!! later like in 1 or 2 mounths to get kpro and put my a3 botls on it and street tune it and save money for a REAL TUNE

classiccelica
08-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Ok brother let me help you out here. K24 is a wicked nice motor with kpro and bolt ons, the a3 with a good street tune and bolt ons is just as fast trust me on this one. My buddy has the k24a4, yes I know the a1 is better, but with his gutted k24a4 with bolt ons and kpro, my full interior kpro tuned by myself, and bolt ons pulled his car nicely top end he only got me by a fender off the line as well. It's all about the tuning aspect and driver mod. So with that, GET KPRO FIRST, then go swap. You wont regret that sequince.

i_love_my_ep3!
08-11-2010, 11:18 PM
thanks bro im strating to lean on the waiting side ill be post messageing u later for tuneing qustions lol

mugen03
08-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Ok brother let me help you out here. K24 is a wicked nice motor with kpro and bolt ons, the a3 with a good street tune and bolt ons is just as fast trust me on this one. My buddy has the k24a4, yes I know the a1 is better, but with his gutted k24a4 with bolt ons and kpro, my full interior kpro tuned by myself, and bolt ons pulled his car nicely top end he only got me by a fender off the line as well. It's all about the tuning aspect and driver mod. So with that, GET KPRO FIRST, then go swap. You wont regret that sequince.

truth.......this may or may not have happened to me when i didnt have kpro LOL

classiccelica
08-12-2010, 10:04 AM
thanks bro im strating to lean on the waiting side ill be post messageing u later for tuneing qustions lol

For sure man I will help to the best of my ability. With the tune I did I stayed dead even with my best friends intake, header, cat back exhaust, kpro, and reflash at the time as well 2006 rsx-s. He was a very good driver as well, then I started helping him get better.

classiccelica
08-12-2010, 10:05 AM
truth.......this may or may not have happened to me when i didnt have kpro LOL

It takes a strong man to admit that :)

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-12-2010, 05:14 PM

your friend cant drive. its funny you say that, cause usaf_ep3 raced me at a strip, he has far better bolt ons in than my cheap ass ebay bolts on. and some how from a dig. i pulled a full car on me. he claims one minute what you state above that the a3 is better that the k24a1 or a4. if that was the case then why swap. my conclusion he cant drive nor can your friend.

get the k24a1 you wont be sorry

classiccelica
08-12-2010, 05:38 PM
your friend cant drive. its funny you say that, cause usaf_ep3 raced me at a strip, he has far better bolt ons in than my cheap ass ebay bolts on. and some how from a dig. i pulled a full car on me. he claims one minute what you state above that the a3 is better that the k24a1 or a4. if that was the case then why swap. my conclusion he cant drive nor can your friend.

get the k24a1 you wont be sorry

Assumptions are such a terrible thing. Nobody believes me when I even post videos so why even try then right. He was actually a good driver I just gave him some better techniques. I rode with him numerous times and he knew what to do and he shifter pretty quickly as well. I really need to take my car to the strip as it sits. Last weekend I had an encounter with a modified 06 type-s intake header electronic cutout and stock catback. He only had me by literally 1.5 cars at 85mph. So it can't just be me that knows how to drive and everyone else here serioulsy can't. To many cars that I have raced that haven't pulled me the way everyone says they should.

I am just hoping I can get away with the k24a1 in my car being a california car.

02TWSI
08-14-2010, 01:58 PM
you wont....tsx or rsx motor or you're SOL on emissions here in cali :]