PDA

View Full Version : Honda red flip key.

tqk
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Ok here's the deal. This dude on eBay name artiway sells flip keys for $50. The Honda dealer will cut the key for free but will charge u to reprogram the chip. First thing is when u order the make sure u fine all those numbers on the back of the remote so he can send u one that will work for u car. Once u get the keycut it didn't my ignition. I had to file it down until it fit. Instead of paying to get it reprogramed I just ripped my valet key apart n took the chip out of the that n stuck it into my flip key. Now I have an awesome flip key with the red Honda emblem. Works perfect n loving the flip key.

ttttrigg3r
08-11-2010, 04:42 PM
When I got mine i didn't have to do all that. The dealer's key cutting process should trace the info on your valet key into the T10 chip that came with Artiway's key. whole process was gonna cost me 10$ at the dealer but the guy hooked me up because I'm asian.

02TWSI
08-11-2010, 08:42 PM
So it worked on your 02? I've been looking for a solution to my broken key fob...got pics? got a write up of some sort?

ttttrigg3r
08-11-2010, 09:11 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?57739-Flip-Key-product-off-ebay-seller-Arti-Way-review

tqk
08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah. It didn't work after the cut my key n the guy told me I have to reprogram the chip for $100. So that why I went the way I did. Works perfect though n am very happy.

ttttrigg3r
08-12-2010, 07:36 PM
aww man that sucks. Did you get it cut by machine or did they use one of those hand cut thingy? I had a cut problem once where they used the hand cut thingy to cut my valet key "according to the VIN number". Ended butchering my key all up didn't look like my original at all, and of course never even opened my door.

neoamd
09-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Good info.

talonXracer
09-28-2010, 06:23 PM
The key cutting process does not transfer any digital information between the keys, that is purely a mechanical process.

dirtyduck17
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
You have to program the new key into the vehicle's immobilizer using a "HDS." It take about 5 minutes and usually requires one original key.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
09-29-2010, 03:37 PM
You can actually go to any hardware store that has a access key cutting machine. Where i work we have one and it comes with a transponder programmer. All you do is stick the original key in the programmer have it read the chip. Put in the new key and press copy. Pretty much the same thing that the dealer will do. I'll take some pics of the transponder programmer and what the key machine looks like that can reprogram your keys.

talonXracer
09-29-2010, 06:01 PM
That is pretty cool to be able to read and copy the key code, I didnt know they could do that with the Honda keys, good info!

The last time I went to the stealership they could only sell me a new key that has a different code and required the "HDSS" to reprogram everything.

dirtyduck17
09-30-2010, 07:11 PM
You can actually go to any hardware store that has a access key cutting machine. Where i work we have one and it comes with a transponder programmer. All you do is stick the original key in the programmer have it read the chip. Put in the new key and press copy. Pretty much the same thing that the dealer will do. I'll take some pics of the transponder programmer and what the key machine looks like that can reprogram your keys.

That is pretty cool to be able to read and copy the key code, I didnt know they could do that with the Honda keys, good info!

The last time I went to the stealership they could only sell me a new key that has a different code and required the "HDSS" to reprogram everything.

That sounds more like cloning to me. To add a new key to the immobilizer you use an HDS. Just saying... Come to Charlotte, give me a 20 and I'll program your key for you.

Passenger
09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
I wish the key mods would work for 02 ep's ... :mfrown:

Mighty_Mouse
10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Why waste your money on reprogramming? Just swap your module to the new key. Sheesh.

ImportCustomx
10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
or just get kpro

here is my thing about this key.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?57739-Flip-Key-product-off-ebay-seller-Arti-Way-review

:)

But yeah just cut up one of your old keys and take the immobilizer out and put it in this one. it'd work lovely.

Mighty_Mouse
10-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Also, stop wasting money on this Arti Way jank. Just buy the real Acura key and the replacement cover with without the trunk opener button.

ttttrigg3r
10-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Also, stop wasting money on this Arti Way jank. Just buy the real Acura key and the replacement cover with without the trunk opener button.

What if you got the old school 02 key? is there an Acura part for that?

Mighty_Mouse
10-18-2010, 02:53 PM
What if you got the old school 02 key? is there an Acura part for that?

You can mod the Acrua key or buy it pre-modded from the RSX guys.

ImportCustomx
10-19-2010, 05:04 AM

someone needs to make a thread with just the straight info...not a 600 page thread where its hidden on the 60th page on another board.

if someone has the exact correct factual information, they should make a thread. and make pics and make it as informative as possible. a well thought out informative post.

for 03 and 02!

Project Yellow
10-19-2010, 05:48 AM
Interestingggggg.... My only issue is that I only have a valet key. No fob and no original. I'd be scared to destroy my only key.

ImportCustomx
10-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Interestingggggg.... My only issue is that I only have a valet key. No fob and no original. I'd be scared to destroy my only key.

in your case, go man up and spend the money...get a new immobilizer and get it reprogrammed that way you have a back up.

ttttrigg3r
10-19-2010, 12:14 PM
someone needs to make a thread with just the straight info...not a 600 page thread where its hidden on the 60th page on another board.

if someone has the exact correct factual information, they should make a thread. and make pics and make it as informative as possible. a well thought out informative post.

for 03 and 02!

^That.
Here's what I've concluded for the 02's.
Ebay: 60$ shipped + however much cutting and programming
Acura: Healtoauto
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Fastline-Performance-Heeltoe-Automotive-Milled-TL-S-Switchblade-Key-For-RSX-EP3-pr-64949.html
Minimum is 124$ for a milled acura key w/o the T-10 transponder chip. 150$ with the chip + however much cutting and programming
or buy a 07-08 TL key and send it to heeltoe to get it milled for 60$ and transfer your transponder chip from your old key to the switch blade.
The only confirmed product for the 02 I've seen so far is the flip key from seller Aritway on ebay. I bought it and Importcustom bought it too.

I'm not too sure about the 03+ Ep but this is what I think should work
07-08 TL key (PN: 35111-SEP-306) + chip from the old key + cut and programming

Mighty Mouse do you have a switchblade Acura key? You should write up something more informative because I havn't seen anyone on EPhatch with the Acura switchblade key.

Nickle n Dimin
06-23-2011, 01:48 PM
i have no idea which key i need from Aritway on ebay ,i have the 02 ep... also have no idea how to properly remove chip from key after i get it cut any info or links would be appreciated thank you

ttttrigg3r
06-23-2011, 03:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-SIR-SMART-SWITCHBLADE-CHIP-KEY-REMOTE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53e3756288QQitemZ36029 8406536QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Then just read above. There's plenty of info on it just search for it.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?57739-Flip-Key-product-off-ebay-seller-Arti-Way-review/page2