PDA

View Full Version : Help my fuses keep burning!!!!

Payback424
08-11-2010, 08:49 PM
ok peeps so i put some HID's 8k in my girls Altima.. they are plug n play and they were working fine well kinda flickering just a tad but still working then we went to the store and when we parked our lights stay on for a few then shut off by them self..... any who when we came back we turned the car on they started up and POOF!!! they went out!!!! so i checked out the bulbs and nothing burnt so next i checked the fuses and they were both burnt....so i bought some more and put them on and POOF!! again so i checked the connections to the ballast only (because its too dark to take the whole thing out) and they were ok...so i tried it again and POOF!! burnt.... does anyone have ANY idea what it might be??? i am taking them off and installing them all over again tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone might know what the issue is.....thanks my ep fam... oh and i hope it gets fixed becasue i have the same hid's in my house redy to put in my EP....thnks

usedep3
08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
you should really use a relay/harness directly to the battery to power the HID ballasat. search and you'll find a diagram on how to do it. also, it'll help if you put this in the right section.

shanewdude
08-12-2010, 07:22 AM
You only need one thread for each problem. :closed_2: