PDA

View Full Version : A-arm will not go back in subframe after clutch job

manlye
08-14-2010, 05:36 PM
So after I have put a brand new shiny clutch in and bolted the subframe back up only one a-frame side will go in. I have checked over and over again and both CV joints are flush in the diff, but the driver a-arm will not go back in. Any thoughs, has anyone else ran into this??

HondaFreak
08-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Did you try to compress the suspension with a jack? When I put my sphereicals in I had to compress the suspension and push it in.

Christian

manlye
08-14-2010, 06:17 PM
I tried but it still seems like it is about an inch or two off, I have tried c-clamps, just about everything. It is the rear part of the a-arm I am having problems with.

manlye
08-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Well I solved my problem, part of the CV joint poped out of place inside the boot.

BeaterEP
08-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Well I solved my problem, part of the CV joint poped out of place inside the boot.

Just saw the thread, glad you got it man! :thumbu:

talonXracer
08-15-2010, 08:42 AM
It is ALOT easier to install the LCA's when the subframe is hanging low, the struts will not be in the way.

EP3driver
08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
So after I have put a brand new shiny clutch in and bolted the subframe back up only one a-frame side will go in. I have checked over and over again and both CV joints are flush in the diff, but the driver a-arm will not go back in. Any thoughs, has anyone else ran into this??

what kind of clutch did you use?