PDA

View Full Version : water temp sensor

fraequuency
08-15-2010, 07:37 PM
I can't find water temp sensor in engine bay need help can post pic thanks

talonXracer
08-15-2010, 08:40 PM
There are two temp sensors, one is on the head, it is on the drivers end and it is for engine/ECU useage. The other sender is the rad temp switch and is located on the bottom pass side of the rad and it turns the rad fan on and off.

Ton's of info in the stickies, http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44163

fraequuency
08-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Thank you the only reason Iam asking is I got a p0128 code and someone told me it was water temp sensor

RHCP0801
08-15-2010, 09:17 PM
well they are wrong

p0128 is a cooling system malfunction

first thing i would do is check your coolant level and make sure it is full and not low and make sure you dont have a leak if it is low

next thing to do is turn the ignition switch on (II), and make sure the A/C is off, check the radiator fan, does the radiator fan run continuously?

if they dont than you need to replace the thermostat, if they do than you might need a new fan switch

fraequuency
08-15-2010, 09:34 PM
I just checked it my fans they don't run continuous but why isn't my car over heating

talonXracer
08-16-2010, 07:48 AM
First off what year EP3.

If you have an error code for cooling system malfunction, but the engine is not overheating the sensor is probably shot, but we shouldnt assume so proper troubleshooting has to be done. Open up the Helm's manual and see what the troubleshooting steps are for that code.