PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some brakes........

EP3CHRiS
08-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Hey there guys, yeah yeah, i know this questions been asked a thousand times, and i tried looking for a forum for some decent brakes to run for a good budget, but i couldn't find nothing....So, im looking for front and rear rotors and pads for a good price.....any idea???

Zzyzx
08-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Rotors are hard to mess up, so go to your local autoparts store and buy the cheapest ones they have.

Pads however are a question of intended use and your personal preference... so what do you use the car for?

EP3CHRiS
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Rotors are hard to mess up, so go to your local autoparts store and buy the cheapest ones they have.

Pads however are a question of intended use and your personal preference... so what do you use the car for?

Well, i'm starting college in a couple of weeks and driving back and fourth about an hour and 15 minutes to and from....and i can also feel that my pads are going.....starting to feel vibrating coming from my pads. im looking for something where i get a kit.....Pads + Rotors

hondaguy92129
08-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I bought my rotors and pads from tire rack but you might want to check with the site vendors, maybe someone can hook you up :D

Zzyzx
08-18-2010, 08:39 AM
sounds like any OEM equivalent pad should do well for you. Which would also be found at your local auto-parts store.

Blue03Si
08-19-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm a big fan of the EBC brake rotors or Centric Rotors. They both make OEM equivalent rotors for good prices. I've use the Centric Cryostop rotors in the past and they were great. When i switched to a type-s setup I switched to the EBC brake rotors. As far as pads go you can get the cheapest ones you want from the store if all you do is DD. But I'd recommend getting either hawk HPS pads or some EBC red-stuff for street. If you plan on doing any auto-x or hard driving and breaking step it up to hawk HP+ or EBC Yellow-stuff.

karxarias
08-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Forget who it was but one of the prominent members of the board back in the day recommended Porterfield R4s and I took their advice and highly recommend these pads. They lasted me for over a year and while I'm no street racer I do like spirited driving. As an example of how well they stop you I've got them front and rear with 225/50/16 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires on stock rims and no mods other than a gutter rear interior and can pull up from 60km/h in the pouring rain in the length of your typical pickup truck.

Passenger
08-19-2010, 08:04 PM
I use Hawk HPS pads with no name blanks (from autozone) and no name cross drilled and slotted for the front.

EP3CHRiS
09-18-2010, 07:12 AM
ok guys, so i got a little extra cash and i am starting to "winterize" my ep3:mbiggrin: i am going to go with Hawk HPS pads, but still deciding on rotors, but a quick question for the rear rotors. I was at my local parts store looking at some prices and there are 2 types of rotors i can get, "integrated" and "drum-style" parking brakes.....whats this all about?!?! i'm guessing that i use the intergrated rotors because i dont have drums on my 02 ep3.......but i just wanna make sure.......any ideas??