PDA

View Full Version : si sales are increasing

!@#$%
07-16-2002, 07:24 PM
went to test drive one today and the place that used to have 6 now has one black ep sitting micely tucked away in the corner of the showroom floor. :( they wouldnt let me test drive the floor one...since they didnt have a demo. dunno why but i at least got to see the 7th gen coupes with the package, all i have to say is for 21K.....uh no. They were still asking sticker on the si, $19,460 (dest.) not paying that much either. :rolleyes:

a satin silver si would sure hit the spot right now. but from hearing the financial wars from the parents typing this, it looks like getting one is gonna be on my own. :mad:

cliff notes: sales for si are incresing by the day....i predict the cars are going to become more "common" then i thought.

grooveline
07-16-2002, 08:37 PM
How amny are being made though? like 15000? thats a pretty exclusive number, considering it's for the US.

At least no one can fake a new Si.

TezGari
07-16-2002, 11:52 PM
An Si is for the chosen ones...............I heard their not gona make another Si till 2004?

SpeedRacer
07-17-2002, 12:02 AM
i sure hope not. That will be cool if they dont make anymore i dont even want the Type R to com here because i cant afford it and it will be more competition for me :) anyways does anyone know for sure if they will make this car in 2003 or not?

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-17-2002, 12:40 AM
i heard that its coming out for 2003 and i think thats it. only two years. they are coming out with a blue color one and getting rid of of the yellow one

MoodySi
07-17-2002, 10:31 AM
I hope this car stays exclusive. It's one of the reasons I chose it over the RSX.

Brenetics
07-17-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by MoodySi
I hope this car stays exclusive. It's one of the reasons I chose it over the RSX.

yup

smapzy
07-17-2002, 11:03 AM
So are you guys saying after the 03 model year, there is no more Si coming to US? If so...that will be cool ;-) too bad we don't have those number tag that's come with the car like the NSX does..lol

DamnYo
07-17-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by trinispeed
An Si is for the chosen ones...............I heard their not gona make another Si till 2004?
Not chosen ones, more like test monkeys. If they do discontinue it until 2004 it's because it will take that much time for them to redesign it to compete with other manufacturers. Hell, the Ford Focus SVT is a better car. Yes I said it, the Focus SVT is better than the new Civic SiR. And thats coming from a Honda fan

SmoothOperator
07-17-2002, 05:49 PM
Haven't there already been like 3 recalls on the SVT? If so that's pathetic if you ask me.

broad_st.
07-18-2002, 10:00 AM
yeah the focus was recalled
most recently because the front suspension would collapse
and the engine would stall at high speeds
sounds like a winner to me

DynaSpeed
07-18-2002, 11:15 AM
Also note the cruise control recall. You know, where the cruise control catches on the throttle cable and you go spinning wildly into a fiery mess with the throttle cable stuck open.

grooveline
07-18-2002, 11:34 AM
OOh! and the focus wll get you 25mpg on the highway! Definitly better. besides being ugly on the outside, the focus is ugly on the inside. those svt seats are god awful.

Si rule. Svt drool.

Besides, even though Road and Track said that SVT came in first above the Si, its interesting to note that the magaizine is an affiliate of Ford. Badda bing, badda boom.

The only decent product that Ford came close to was the Contour SVT. That was bad.

m0ns00n
07-18-2002, 12:21 PM
Found a link to a story on the Ford recall - http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/news/041502_7oys_ford_recall.html

TezGari
07-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DamnYo

Not chosen ones, more like test monkeys. If they do discontinue it until 2004 it's because it will take that much time for them to redesign it to compete with other manufacturers. Hell, the Ford Focus SVT is a better car. Yes I said it, the Focus SVT is better than the new Civic SiR. And thats coming from a Honda fan

Hondafan?? I think not, maybe co*k S*ker yes! How dare you, Honda Si is a special car with certain features that makes it kool. On the track an Si would loose by .5 seconds to a SVT, on the street its a drivers race, plus you have honda's build so itll last longer. So please dont hate on the new si, till youve taken one to 136mph! youll give that car lots of respect. It is nice for everday tihings to,

so Mr. Co...i mean honda fan, your fake.:mad:

TezGari
07-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by grooveline
OOh! and the focus wll get you 25mpg on the highway! Definitly better. besides being ugly on the outside, the focus is ugly on the inside. those svt seats are god awful.

Si rule. Svt drool.

Besides, even though Road and Track said that SVT came in first above the Si, its interesting to note that the magaizine is an affiliate of Ford. Badda bing, badda boom.

The only decent product that Ford came close to was the Contour SVT. That was bad.

dont hate on the SVT, its gots some ups and downs but our car has more everydayness to it like; Gas, space and barking in 3rd gear! :D

02TafWhtSi
07-18-2002, 03:24 PM
One thing that must be said about the SVT - the handling is supposed to be almost racecar like. Every article I have read on it says it is ONE OF if not THE BEST handling FWD production cars today. Any other element of the car is up for grabs but you can't deny its handling/cornering abilities.

DamnYo
07-18-2002, 07:46 PM
All I'm saying is that Honda came up a bit short in delivering the performance people expected out of an SiR. Companies like Nissan, Toyota, Ford and others have built cars that perform better than the SiR and cost less. Even Hyundai can compete with you now. Granted they have a 3.0L that only puts out 180hp(pretty crappy if you ask me), but they can hang with you now.

EDIT: I forgot to add Subaru 2.5RS

WhiteHotSi02
07-18-2002, 11:32 PM
forget the SVT, the styling sucks and it's a FORD. The new tiburon might have a V6 and look better but it's just SHIT in a newer package. i say the Si holds it's own and is the best for the price-

SBC31
07-19-2002, 06:06 AM
No matter what they say about the Focus SVT, long term, Honda is much better quality. After less then 2 years the Ford will show it's a Ford. Honda will be perfect much longer then that.

I should know I had a ZX3 for 2 years, and it had it's issues with quality, fit and finish already.

TezGari
07-19-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by SBC31
No matter what they say about the Focus SVT, long term, Honda is much better quality. After less then 2 years the Ford will show it's a Ford. Honda will be perfect much longer then that.

I should know I had a ZX3 for 2 years, and it had it's issues with quality, fit and finish already.

yes