PDA

View Full Version : Kpro for noobs please

i_love_my_ep3!
08-16-2010, 10:48 PM
OK IM DONE WITH GATHERING MY PARTS FOR MY K24A1 SWAP:mbiggrin:

NOW IM PLANNING ON BUYING KPRO!!!!!!!!!!! BY THE END OF THIS MOUNTH

MY CAR IS A DD SO SHOULD I BUY IT NEW OR USED WHATS THE DIFF?

WHAT IS GOING TO BE EASIER AND WHERE CAN I BUY ONE USED I DONT GOT THE TIME TO SEND MY ECU IN

HELP PLEASE!!!!

CAN I GET POINTED TO SOME GOOD LINKS ON THESE KINDS OF QUESTIONS

mugen03
08-17-2010, 06:38 AM
if you buy it new i would suggest locash racing here in arizona. i got mine new for 885, if you send him a list of your engine and mods he will send you a base map he has done on another car.

skoundrelusa
08-17-2010, 09:23 AM
1) Turn off CAPS

2) I'd buy used since you don't have the downtime. Just gotta buy one off someone somewhat reputable. Got my KPro'd PRB from a guy on K20a for 900 shipped. And you'll have to disable the immobilizer (unless you get your ECU/Key re-keyed.

Look in the classifieds here, classifieds on clubRSX and classifieds on K20a. Probably find one easily/soon.

i_love_my_ep3!
08-17-2010, 09:47 PM
sorry about the caps lol dude thats cheap 885 do they have site or a number to call so i can ship them mine and give a list of mods to get me started

mugen03
08-19-2010, 10:16 AM
sorry about the caps lol dude thats cheap 885 do they have site or a number to call so i can ship them mine and give a list of mods to get me started

i would go with this guy man, he ships YOUR ecu so you dont have to go to honda and have them program anything. ask for joe.

phone number 602-763-5189
email Sales@locashracing.com

skoundrelusa
08-20-2010, 07:34 AM
huh? Even if he went to any other Hondata dealer, he doesn't need to go to a Honda dealership to have them program anything...

b.r.i.a.n.
08-20-2010, 08:08 AM
huh? Even if he went to any other Hondata dealer, he doesn't need to go to a Honda dealership to have them program anything...

if you use another ecu with kpro other than your own you will have to disable the immobilizer unless you go out of your way to get it matched at the dealership.

mugen03
08-20-2010, 10:01 AM
if you use another ecu with kpro other than your own you will have to disable the immobilizer unless you go out of your way to get it matched at the dealership.

yeah this.

skoundrelusa
08-22-2010, 09:03 PM

yeah this.

Then one would have to send in the key with the ECU?

RHCP0801
08-22-2010, 09:29 PM
no you drive to the honda with the immobilizer disabled, enable it than get the key synced

skoundrelusa
08-24-2010, 06:48 AM
no you drive to the honda with the immobilizer disabled, enable it than get the key synced

LOL, I know this already. Which is why I'm questioning Mugen03.

He's telling the OP to go to his guy (locash racing) because apparently you send them your ECU and they set it up so you "don't have to get it programmed at the dealership" which brian clarified as reprogramming the immobolizer. Which doesn't make any sense unless the OP drives his car from Texas to Arizona. Or as I questioned, does the OP have to send his ECU and key then?

Just doesn't sound like the simplest method to me. I'd rather just buy a used ECU KPro'd already and just disable the immobilizer. Done. Easy.

jerseyjew's selling his KPro.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?55321-Up-For-Sale-KPro-JRSC-R-Hood-Intake-Etc.

Pay the extra $15 and you can always put your stock ECU back in the car later if you decide to sell the car and you can sell Kpro for the same cost you paid for it.