PDA

View Full Version : First honda... Which intake should I get?

BaLisTek
08-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey guys, I just got my EP3 recently and I really wanna start things off doing it right. With that said, what type of intake should I get. I want some good gains for the price and be able to really hear that crossover when vtec engages. Thanks for the headsup, links too if you guys have them.. Appreciate it

EP3Casas
08-17-2010, 11:37 AM
cerially?

thisisagame24
08-17-2010, 11:43 AM
id say take out your drivers headlight and run a PVC pipe to the gap. get the best of both worlds, CAI and ram air. lots of powa

BaLisTek
08-17-2010, 11:45 AM
id say take out your drivers headlight and run a PVC pipe to the gap. get the best of both worlds, CAI and ram air. lots of powa

wouldn't that effect the amount of light output coming out from the drivers side of my car? How would visibility be effected?

EP3Casas
08-17-2010, 11:47 AM
it wont b effected at all. if anythng it will b brighter

thisisagame24
08-17-2010, 11:47 AM
wouldn't that effect the amount of light output coming out from the drivers side of my car? How would visibility be effected?

what are you more worried about? going fast or seeing at night?

BaLisTek
08-17-2010, 11:51 AM
is there any way to convert to a dual pipe setup? Just seems like more airflow would benefit. My uncle is really good at welding and a bud of mine has a spare throttle body. I could probably weld it up to the other side of the intake manifold. Or would that cause unwanted air turbulence and be counter-productive? I haven't seen it done yet.... trying to think outside the box and be unique and get some crazy power

lldiesel386ll
08-17-2010, 11:57 AM
is there any way to convert to a dual pipe setup? Just seems like more airflow would benefit. My uncle is really good at welding and a bud of mine has a spare throttle body. I could probably weld it up to the other side of the intake manifold. Or would that cause unwanted air turbulence and be counter-productive? I haven't seen it done yet.... trying to think outside the box and be unique and get some crazy power

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WJOyqmg_gpc/S9UU1vvc_6I/AAAAAAAACl0/Sl5Ti5vgz3g/s1600/terry2010twins.jpg
double throttle body power?

classiccelica
08-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Not to be rude, but is this a joke or something? The best intake that I have ever had on this car is the injen sp1576 not only is it now smog legal in california but it also is 3" and has a wicked sound to it as well. This perfomed better than any intake I have ever had on my ep.

mugen03
08-17-2010, 12:05 PM
i really hope this thread is for giggles

thisisagame24
08-17-2010, 12:07 PM
dont think it is.. ive met the kid.... and im pretty sure he used to eat lead paint chips as a baby

BaLisTek
08-17-2010, 12:10 PM
dont think it is.. ive met the kid.... and im pretty sure he used to eat lead paint chips as a baby

i think this is some misdirected jealousy or something going on here.. i've never met you in my life ass. If you can't handle a legitamite question then perhaps you should go find yourself a thread in the n00b section to spam.. geezzzzz

SO perhaps 2 of these 3" Injen SP intakes could be a possibilty. I'm just worried taht the angle for the 2nd pipe will cause some issues. I'd really like to try this out.. Perhaps a temporary mock up will do... Gonna call my uncle when he gets off of work today and go over my ideas with him

EP3Casas
08-17-2010, 12:13 PM
i think this is some misdirected jealousy or something going on here.. i've never met you in my life ass. If you can't handle a legitamite question then perhaps you should go find yourself a thread in the n00b section to spam.. geezzzzz

SO perhaps 2 of these 3" Injen SP intakes could be a possibilty. I'm just worried taht the angle for the 2nd pipe will cause some issues. I'd really like to try this out.. Perhaps a temporary mock up will do... Gonna call my uncle when he gets off of work today and go over my ideas with him
do it.

lldiesel386ll
08-17-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/you-can-do-it.jpg

thisisagame24
08-17-2010, 12:28 PM

your right.... im soooooooooo jealous that i cant have the power your tryin to get here. just to make you look bad im going to 3 TB one on the middle of the IM and get an STI style hood scoop

now try and keep up st00pid Newb

BaLisTek
08-17-2010, 12:33 PM
your right.... im soooooooooo jealous that i cant have the power your tryin to get here. just to make you look bad im going to 3 TB one on the middle of the IM and get an STI style hood scoop

now try and keep up st00pid Newb

wow really? Hey dumb ass... you can't fit a 3rd throttle body on the center of the IM regardless. Where is the piping gonna go? Straight up?... right into the radiator support? Seriously, you should really take your hater nonsense to somewhere else. You've clearly not taken the time to think out any of your responses anyway. Quit trying to derail my thread. I'm glad to see other ephatchers are tolerant to new innovative thinking unlike you. And you should be jealous, isn't that why you keep responsding after I asked you to stop.... hahahahah this noob just got pwned

thisisagame24
08-17-2010, 12:36 PM
what a newb you are.. if its on top of the TB then you dont need piping, is going to be fed by the hood scoop. what about that did your n00b-ass not comprehend.

reading > your dumb n00b ass

PWND!!!!!!!

T_Virus
08-17-2010, 12:36 PM
don't forget to carve out a huge H on the hood for air efficency and buy the biggest spolier wing for downforce this way people will jock your Honda and become jealous.

superchargedk20
08-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Ive actually done 3 intakes on my new setup on my ep3. I took out my engine and replaced it with a single cam vtec to give me more space to fit the 3rd throttle body. By doin this vtec now is 3 times louder, its amazing. And to thread starter ur a ricer. Ive known u to long and still cant get over all ur riceyness. and u still stink at halo, im sick of carrying u all those times that i just got rid of my xbox and replaced with a ps3 just so i would never have to talk to u through the headset ever again. And u will never be a Fireman ever!

thisisagame24
08-17-2010, 12:41 PM
only ricers play halo. what a newb this guys is

and to the T-virus guy the back bumper will have H's carved out of it like the ek and eg guys do to reduce wind resistance

BaLisTek
08-17-2010, 12:47 PM
what a newb you are.. if its on top of the TB then you dont need piping, is going to be fed by the hood scoop. what about that did your n00b-ass not comprehend.

reading > your dumb n00b ass

PWND!!!!!!!

I was talking about the angle due to the shape of the intake manifold ass. Trust me, there would be no room in that area. Gah, always gotta be teachin the n00bs.

don't forget to carve out a huge H on the hood for air efficency and buy the biggest spolier wing for downforce this way people will jock your Honda and become jealous.

I think venting is a great idea in theory, but the H thing is alil too ricey for my tastes, you should do that to your car so we can all laugh at you. Jk JK. I don't know why a rear spoiler was mentioned in a thread about intakes etc. Perhaps you should try to focus on the topic at hand. I'd appreciate it

jed_averill
08-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Lots of People have told me Injen SP CAI is best, but you can always go beyond with them power chambers :D

thisisagame24
08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
we dont settle for normality here. we always go above and beyond to make the vtec louder!!

mangvue05si
08-17-2010, 02:29 PM
well first off intakes are great 1st mod, no FIRST OFF there is really NO V-TEC, BUT! THERE IS A SLIGHT vvvvvvVVVVVRRROOOOBBBBAAAAANNNNNGGGGGGGG with cold airs, i have injen coldair, it made me smile more than i thought when i heard SO MANY FUCKEN PEOPLE SAY "YOU DONT HAVE V-TEC"... Well i say wanna REDLIGHT?

ALL STOCK with cold air and mid pip--- 15.3xx, .5 sec faster than stock but in real car to car thats 1/2 a car or a full car.

jed_averill
08-17-2010, 03:14 PM
YOOOOOOOSSHHH! What's next?

sifrk32
08-17-2010, 03:48 PM
well first off intakes are great 1st mod, no FIRST OFF there is really NO V-TEC
+1

Anyways, I had the aem v2 intake...it was ok, fit snug, sounded good. but my aem cai was a lot better sounding but with the weather and the puddles i didn't want to risk it. keep us posted.

RedSiBaron
08-17-2010, 03:55 PM
this thread is fucking my brain up...who is this guy and what did he do with balistek

jed_averill
08-17-2010, 04:03 PM
+1

Anyways, I had the aem v2 intake...it was ok, fit snug, sounded good. but my aem cai was a lot better sounding but with the weather and the puddles i didn't want to risk it. keep us posted.

Hydroshields?

sifrk32
08-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Hydroshields?

i was getting a steal on the v2 intake, plus the cai just looked crappy, it was refreshing getting a new intake

jed_averill
08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
I guess going with that, is an upgrade afterall :D

ShadowEP3
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
10/10

btw no intake=more hp

jed_averill
08-17-2010, 04:27 PM
btw no intake=more hp

lol

02TWSI
08-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Dude, everybody knows you should just save the money you have for a K24a2 out of a tsx with a 6speed omglolz and make sure to not get an LSD so the power goes all to one wheel for less drivetrain loss. But dude bro dude dont forget KPRO I heard you can use the k20a2 maps for more power up top and higher redline I say go for it man but make sure you have the H cut out of your bumper or you can say goodbye to a good 2 seconds on your quarter mile time.

Also if you want to boost it go for the ebay kits man ebay ftw go ebay kit with a real tial bov or get the hks ssqv if you want an extra 2 hp up top. Then make sure you grab the gt45r turbine so you can get max spool with all that torque to one wheel with the k24a2 which is the tsx motor.

after all that are you going to slam your car bro? I hope so cause aerodynamicly you would be skreweeddddddd

jed_averill
08-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Dude, everybody knows you should just save the money you have for a K24a2 out of a tsx with a 6speed omglolz and make sure to not get an LSD so the power goes all to one wheel for less drivetrain loss. But dude bro dude dont forget KPRO I heard you can use the k20a2 maps for more power up top and higher redline I say go for it man but make sure you have the H cut out of your bumper or you can say goodbye to a good 2 seconds on your quarter mile time.

Also if you want to boost it go for the ebay kits man ebay ftw go ebay kit with a real tial bov or get the hks ssqv if you want an extra 2 hp up top. Then make sure you grab the gt45r turbine so you can get max spool with all that torque to one wheel with the k24a2 which is the tsx motor.

after all that are you going to slam your car bro? I hope so cause aerodynamicly you would be skreweeddddddd

I love it

k20si02
08-17-2010, 07:36 PM
just weld a block off plate to your throttle body and dont even worry about what intake to get.

2K3 EP3
08-17-2010, 07:41 PM
aem cold air intake. holla!

usedep3
08-17-2010, 08:15 PM
:pop2:

BaLisTek
08-17-2010, 08:19 PM
so it's been a very productive night. Spent a good 30mins on the phone with my uncle going over our plan of attack. Found a spare Intake manifold on ebay and purchased it. Buy it now option, FTW!!!!! I also went go pick up the spare throttle body from my friend like an hour or so ago. I upgraded the shipping on ebay to get it here by this weekend because my uncle will be busy the following week. I am looking for 2 used intake systems for the EP on the boards and EPhatch. Gotta get all the materials in place so we can fab this bad boy up.

I'm hoping by sunday, the throttlebody will be in place. I hope I get a very sick sound with this dual setup. My friends, friend of a friends' sister's brother is an editor of one of the car tuner magazines. Anyway, long story short... he's somewhat interested in this idea. Sooooo, who knows, maybe some publicity will happen from this.

Anyone have any intakes for sale?

superchargedk20
08-17-2010, 10:05 PM
u should do duel exhausts to go with those duel intakes

ShadowEP3
08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
aem cold air intake. holla!

this guy has no clue

ep3colin
08-17-2010, 10:37 PM
this one time i stuck my neighbors new baby kitten in my exhaust...........

BeaterEP
08-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Subscribed!!! Can't wait to see how this new intake idea plays out man!!! I'm thinkin if dis goes well, you might be able to fab up some parts for teh rest of us!!
I've been workin on a NSX cam/transmishun swap, and I'm thinkin dis could be the perfekt intake setup!!!
Post up pics as soon as you got somethin put togethur man!!!

sifrk32
08-18-2010, 06:52 AM
if it looks like a duck,
and it quacks like a duck,
and theres duck doo on your pickup truck,
then you can bet your bottom buck,
...it aint no armadillo.

Silvercard
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Not to be rude, but is this a joke or something? The best intake that I have ever had on this car is the injen sp1576 not only is it now smog legal in california but it also is 3" and has a wicked sound to it as well. This perfomed better than any intake I have ever had on my ep.

Agreed!

T_Virus
08-18-2010, 12:23 PM
I was talking about the angle due to the shape of the intake manifold ass. Trust me, there would be no room in that area. Gah, always gotta be teachin the n00bs.

I think venting is a great idea in theory, but the H thing is alil too ricey for my tastes, you should do that to your car so we can all laugh at you. Jk JK. I don't know why a rear spoiler was mentioned in a thread about intakes etc. Perhaps you should try to focus on the topic at hand. I'd appreciate it

Hey man it's all about power and looks you ricer newb...lol...j/k...

who is this guy and what did he do with balistek

That's what I was thinking. What happen?

Kerby
08-18-2010, 12:46 PM
i don't know what funnier... this thread or people actually taking it seriously. :lol:

BaLisTek
08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
i don't know what funnier... this thread or people actually taking it seriously. :lol:

Let the haters hate. You can laugh at my attempts to be unique and help push forward new innovative thinking. But when my friends, friend of a friends' sister's brother could potentially publish my results then we shall see. Owell, still looking for some intakes people.. send me PM's. Would like to buy used since I have to buy two of them with this custom setup

powdbyrice
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
u should do duel exhausts to go with those duel intakes
perfect match!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/Chazwick05/IMG_8094.jpg

dual intakes are hot. get an intake for each pair of cylinders. itd be sexy like a ferarri.

powdbyrice
08-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Let the haters hate. You can laugh at my attempts to be unique and help push forward new innovative thinking. But when my friends, friend of a friends' sister's brother could potentially publish my results then we shall see. Owell, still looking for some intakes people.. send me PM's. Would like to buy used since I have to buy two of them with this custom setup

you gunna be hotta than MoonSi.

BeaterEP
08-18-2010, 04:38 PM

Heellllz yeah man! They just drinkin' dat Haterade in here lately, that's all. All the vishunariez are laffed at first man, don't sweat!
For reals though keep me posted on your wrk cuz I might wanna run something similer on my project! Also man cam you message me that guyz info? I think he'd be interessted in what I'm workin o n! :mcool:

mangvue05si
08-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Are these dump ass motherfuckers for reals? No intake is like :nuts:
NEVER SEEN A HONDA ROLE WITH NO INTAKE AND IS BETTER THEN OEM, that why in the first place they MADE it, or you will be rolling with ITB'S???

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Passenger
08-18-2010, 08:58 PM
only ricers play halo.

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/2/0/9/0/stfu.jpg
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/NINE225/super_retard_stfu.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/STFU/Kragnor/Random%20Funny%20Stuff/wheel-stfu.jpg
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/26/heman_stfu.jpg
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0905/you-you-stfu-military-funny-pointing-demotivational-poster-1243745077.jpg
http://www.commentuniverse.com/STFU/3.gif
http://people.emich.edu/gheaney/STFU-Newbie.jpg
http://i1.auzs.com/i1/2008-09/license-plate-stfu.jpg
http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/stfu_noob_predator.jpg?w=500&h=341
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/51240/stfu%20pls-500x380.jpg
http://www.technik.org.uk/lol/stfu-gun.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/7538/1100212-stfu_super.png
http://eve-halo.com/uploads/stfu_yoda.jpg
http://doosmdayclockradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/just-stfu1.jpg

ShadowEP3
08-18-2010, 10:36 PM
[IMG]
was all that really necessary?? :tehe:

*btw..i completeley agree with him...CoD>all

Are these dump ass motherfuckers for reals? No intake is like :nuts:
NEVER SEEN A HONDA ROLE WITH NO INTAKE AND IS BETTER THEN OEM, that why in the first place they MADE it, or you will be rolling with ITB'S???

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

i know what im talking about brah

superchargedk20
08-18-2010, 11:18 PM
are u gona do two cold air intakes or two short rams? or maybe one of each????

sleepy ep3
08-18-2010, 11:37 PM
I think you should get a muffler welded to the throttle body. That way your car sounds good coming and going. Get the universal Car X muffler for style.

Johnny
08-19-2010, 02:56 AM
Where is a mod when you need one. :sleep:

ShadowEP3
08-19-2010, 10:14 AM
I think you should get a muffler welded to the throttle body. That way your car sounds good coming and going. Get the universal Car X muffler for style.

this guy thinks outside the box

widebodyeg
08-19-2010, 11:35 AM
crazy!!!

fluff19raheem
08-19-2010, 07:00 PM
dad, is this real life???

Passenger
08-19-2010, 07:24 PM
dad, is this real life???

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Passenger
08-19-2010, 07:25 PM
was all that really necessary?? :tehe:

*btw..i completeley agree with him...CoD>all

Yes it was and the only reason why everyone doesn't care about halo is cause I've owned all of you so many times and butthurt that ego, so y'all had to move on to COD

BaLisTek
08-19-2010, 07:27 PM
man, i take a break from ephatch and people run my thread all kinds of different ways. Hopefully my IM shows up in the mail tomorrow undamaged and all minty. Already got the beers ready for me and my uncle. He's gonna teach me how to grind while he's at it to. On spare parts of course

ShadowEP3
08-19-2010, 07:33 PM
seriously guise..way to ruin his thread.
all he does is come in asking a simple question and you all come in here and put him down while some of us try to actually help him out...SHAME ON ALL OF YOU :mmad:

btw which setup are you gonna go with?

DRP967
08-23-2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.weaksauceparts.com/pics/icebox.jpg
Go with a hybrid intake system such as the Comptech ice box or Mugen air box.

*Throttle response of a short ram intake with low to mid range power
*No heatsoak like you would get from a short ram because the filter is housed in a box
*OEM appearance to ward of unwanted attention
*Not as loud as a short ram/cold air intake but thats what the exhaust system is for, just have a custom straight pipe from the catalicktic converter back. Dont forget the Magnaflow 2.5 inch SS tip for OEM appearance.