PDA

View Full Version : need some help working out the bugs..

Ep3 ked
08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Allright so iv been trying to get these bugs worked out of the ep so I can start driving it again. Im geting a idle from 1 k to 2 k.. I did talons DIY for the IAC valve. It was gunked up and jamed so I cleaned it along with everything els on the TB. Hooked it back up and still geting the same idle but it seems like it calmed it down a little. I also have been dealing with this battery light. The car wouldnt start so I recharged the battery and threw it back in. It started but the light was still on. After running it for a while on and off all day today it died . My EPS and ABS light came on so I turned it off and now its not starting again. Im thinking its the alternator? Also I have a koyo aluminium rad. with a koyo rad cap to go with it and I keep geting steam comming from the rad. cap.. does anyone els have this problem? Let me know what u think... THANKS

Ep3 ked
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Anyone??

Ep3 ked
08-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Bump... Just was driving it around the block drives great but still getin idle problems.. ANYONE???

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Allright so iv been trying to get these bugs worked out of the ep so I can start driving it again. Im geting a idle from 1 k to 2 k.. I did talons DIY for the IAC valve. It was gunked up and jamed so I cleaned it along with everything els on the TB. Hooked it back up and still geting the same idle but it seems like it calmed it down a little. I also have been dealing with this battery light. The car wouldnt start so I recharged the battery and threw it back in. It started but the light was still on. After running it for a while on and off all day today it died . My EPS and ABS light came on so I turned it off and now its not starting again. Im thinking its the alternator? Also I have a koyo aluminium rad. with a koyo rad cap to go with it and I keep geting steam comming from the rad. cap.. does anyone els have this problem? Let me know what u think... THANKS
electrical issue sound like your alternator if its not holding a charge.
tb issue you might need a new iacv.
as for radiator well thats common sense. if steam is coming out of it then it needs replacing

Ep3 ked
08-21-2010, 11:49 AM
ya no more problems with the rad. I had the alt. checked and they said it was good. So my guess is that somthin is drawin power out the only audio system I have is the cd player. Im just going to have to check fuses and shit. I also think that once the shity gas burns off it will calm the rev down..

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-22-2010, 07:50 AM
ya no more problems with the rad. I had the alt. checked and they said it was good. So my guess is that somthin is drawin power out the only audio system I have is the cd player. Im just going to have to check fuses and shit. I also think that once the shity gas burns off it will calm the rev down..

gas wont do that to over rev, thats a vac. issue or tps,

Ep3 ked
08-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Allright found out the battery light problem. It was a 10A fuse.. Now my idle is still acting strange. It used to jump from 1 to 2 k. Now when I start the car its at like 1.5 ish and it sounds like the car wants to die. Then after it runs for a min it bumps up to 2k and stays there what could it be? TPS? I cleaned the IAC..

eurosteez
08-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Sounds like it could definitely be the TPS. Is the throttle body stock? Also the car will idle around 1.5-2k rpm when it is warming up. Let it get to operating temperature and see if its still idling high.
Is there a CEL?

Ep3 ked
08-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Yup stock TB. I have a CEL on because my O2 sencors are junk. I know that our car has a high rev when warming up so iv been leting it sit and warm up for a while. It allmost sounds like it wants to die around 1k to 2k past that it sounds good. I wonder if its allright to drive it like this iv been driving it around the block and it drives good. ? It seems like the idle is kicking down but it feels like it wants to die...

eurosteez
08-23-2010, 02:47 PM
well if your primary o2 sensors are junk I'm pretty sure your car will think your running super rich (low A/F) and attempt to trim the fuel levels which will cause a funky idle. if it drops below 1k theres so much fuel trim that it cant combust...I'd say change your primary o2 sensor and reset your ecu...see if that fixes it

Ep3 ked
08-23-2010, 03:00 PM
word. good looks I have the sensor I just need someone to change the thing out I cant get it off lol

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
replace tps and iacv with new ones and calibrate your tps.

Ep3 ked
08-24-2010, 06:38 AM
I know that honda doesnt sell the IACV so what should I do to replace it?

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-24-2010, 03:44 PM
worse come to worse buy an aftermarket one that includes all sensors. at lease it'll cost the same as a brand new tb from honda maybe a lil lease