PDA

View Full Version : Car not starting after long drive... Help! Super time sensitive...

stepintoliquid
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
the car is an 03 ep, w/ turbo k20a3.

i drove the car the other day on a 6-7 hour trip, and then parked the car kinda low on gas. next morning, i started the car, parked it in my garage, and let it sit for about 4 days.

when i went to start it next, the car would turn over, but wouldnt start.

i've checked, and theres spark and fuel on all 4 cylinders. already replaced fuel pump and plugs with no results.

something to note is that during the 6 hour drive, much of it was really heavy rain. also, there are times when trying to start the car where it will kinda sputter and act like it wants to start. this was followed up with some small amounts of white smoke coming out of the exhaust.... smelling like a sweet gas mixture.

at this point, i'm gonna perform a compression test, and maybe drain the oil and refill in case theres any water in the engine. other than that, i'm thinking maybe a sensor went bad, possibly the crank position sensor?

i would really appreciate any advice you guys could offer, i need to have the car drivable by the end of the week!

stepintoliquid
08-17-2010, 06:04 PM
compression test results (throttle closed): 120 130 70 120

JxSmooth808
08-17-2010, 08:12 PM
If u did hydrolock then try pulling out your ecu fuse and remove all ur spark plugs and crank your engine. If u did suck up water then it'll shoot out through ur cylinders. Just hope u never bend any rods. I had this happen to a friend of mine before and we managed to salvage his motor. Good luck.

56chevydan
08-21-2010, 04:54 PM
......some small amounts of white smoke coming out of the exhaust.... smelling like a sweet gas mixture.

This part of what you wrote in your post leads me to wonder if you blew a head gasket?
A little white smoke and a sweet smell from the exhaust sounds like coolant burning in the exhaust.

ep3k20
08-22-2010, 06:41 PM
^^^ agreed at first glance i was gonna say fuel pump is getting ready to go on ya than i read on and anything white and sweet smelling coming from exhaust is usually a head gasket. how much smoke we talking here?