PDA

View Full Version : InGals Camber bolts and kit review

Hajdoki_Ep3
08-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Good evening friends
So a few months ago I got some 17x8.5 +32 rims on my ep3. Problem was they rubbed in the rear on stock height when i went over big bumps, so i opted for going for a camber and alignment. -2.9 front and -2.5 rear and holy did it ever improve the handling of my car, feeling ever more neutral at cornering with a tad oversteery.

Ronnie
08-17-2010, 10:06 PM
HOLY SANTA CLAUS SHIT
-2.9 front ?
-2.5 rear ?
wat is ur caster ?
then i think u will probably need to replace ur tires every 3 months :squint:

- can u post up some pictures ?

Hajdoki_Ep3
08-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Caster is stock, i know people running even more than this
I go through a set of tires every summer anyways, winter tires is where im curious about what will happen
I was gonna go about -1.5 in the rear but i might do so when i fender roll and drop

sLiCk
08-18-2010, 11:41 PM
you got almost 3 degs with bolts at stock height???

Hajdoki_Ep3
08-19-2010, 12:33 PM
correct sir. If you buy 2 sets of ingals bolts and get a alignment shop to do it for you they will. Mind you mine had to do some extencive alining to get them at max -2.9 for the front at stock hight, but it worked and I handling improved drastically

Jukka
08-19-2010, 06:35 PM
toms going herra-flush now eh??..lol. This on the Rays?? or did you get new wheels already??

Anrasmor
08-20-2010, 06:53 AM
That is some major camber.

Hajdoki_Ep3
08-25-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm probably gonna need to reduce the camber to -1.5 front when winter rolls around, don't want to kill those tires.

MugenReplica
08-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the review!!

Paul 631
08-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Nice! I'm only running -2f, -1.5r with ingals bolts since I put alot of DD miles on the car, still was a big improvement over stock.
As long as you keep the zero toe, it won't eat up tires too bad, macpherson strut cars need big camber up front.

Great GRM article regarding camber:
http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/tilt/

ep3jd
08-25-2010, 03:19 PM
HOLY SANTA CLAUS SHIT
-2.9 front ?
-2.5 rear ?
wat is ur caster ?
then i think u will probably need to replace ur tires every 3 months :squint:

- can u post up some pictures ?

thy should fear toe more then thy fears camber.

OP, this has nothing pertaining to your alignment specs but did you get xd9s? that fitment seems to be associated most with the xd9s and i want them very badly. lol

Ronnie
08-25-2010, 09:59 PM
thy should fear toe more then thy fears camber.

OP, this has nothing pertaining to your alignment specs but did you get xd9s? that fitment seems to be associated most with the xd9s and i want them very badly. lol

oh i know, but camber wear ?? .... :shakehead:
-2 in rear is like holy shit for me here in texas = caze i go through 2 sets every year already :coffee:

and nah , mines are 5zigen AND I LUVE THOSE xd9s too lol

ep_hatcher_510
08-26-2010, 10:11 AM
-2 in rear is like holy shit for me here in texas = caze i go through 2 sets every year already :coffee:

You sure your toe is alright? im running -2 and my tires last very long time, wear is very even.

Zzyzx
08-26-2010, 10:21 AM
You sure your toe is alright? im running -2 and my tires last very long time, wear is very even.

Diddo, if you are bruning through tires that quick then you need to check your toe settings.

ep3jd
08-26-2010, 07:09 PM

Diddo, if you are bruning through tires that quick then you need to check your toe settings.

OP, my point was that bad toe settings + neg camber = horrible wear. neg camber alone isn't so bad. especially for them neogens that are rated to handle -2 like its nothing. you should look into those right after you get another alignment :mwink:

Ronnie
08-26-2010, 09:51 PM

Oh , my toe has always been ZERO(.) and never stock
am running -1.5 in front with no camber wear at all :mmph:
but when i run -2 in rear i go through a terrible camber wear on ma tires

Zzyzx
08-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Oh , my toe has always been ZERO(.) and never stock
am running -1.5 in front with no camber wear at all :mmph:
but when i run -2 in rear i go through a terrible camber wear on ma tires

You do realize that the driven wheels will naturally toe in while under power right? Its not a whole lot if everything is in working order; but if your bushings are worn at all it can be significant.

also, do you find your self spinning the inside wheel on corner exits?

Ronnie
08-27-2010, 11:54 AM
You do realize that the driven wheels will naturally toe in while under power right? Its not a whole lot if everything is in working order; but if your bushings are worn at all it can be significant.

also, do you find your self spinning the inside wheel on corner exits?

BUSHINGS ARE GOOD, and NOPE

Boostin
09-11-2010, 04:48 PM
OP, my point was that bad toe settings + neg camber = horrible wear. neg camber alone isn't so bad. especially for them neogens that are rated to handle -2 like its nothing. you should look into those right after you get another alignment :mwink:

Very good choice of tire.