PDA

View Full Version : tires rubbing my strut boot?? causing bevel?? what should i do

03NorVa
08-18-2010, 08:33 AM
ok so i have an 03 thats been slammed. i dont know how they did the drop, or anything that they have put in the car, but i do know that the front tires are rubbing on the strut boot, causing a bevel on the inside of the front tires. i had to replace a brand new set of tires after only 6 months of driving, about 9k miles. i was originally going to raise the car back up, but i talked to a guy @ a shop and he said raising the car back up wouldnt change the fact that theres tire to strut boot rubbing. what can i do to stop the rubbing without changing my rims? any help will be greatly appreciated.

jed_averill
08-18-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm thinking wheel spacers... but I might be stupid.

03NorVa
08-18-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm thinking wheel spacers... but I might be stupid.

well shit thats no good... ive got 17s on my car right now and id have to get smaller rims to be able to space them enough to get them away from the boot... is there anything else i can do to get the contact to stop without having to space them?

03NorVa
08-19-2010, 07:15 AM
also, im riding on 40r17s, if i bought 35r17's would that put more space between the tire and the boot?

PatrickJamesYu
08-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Yeah well spacers could work, but since your slammed, youd have to rock camber, and roll and pull your fenders.
what are your tire specs?
215/40/17?

You're best bet is to ask that "guy @ a shop" about it.
It's hard for us on here to judge the situation without being able to see it in front of us

Does it seem like the tire is the problem?
or is the offest of the wheel so Positive that it sinks in too far?

DrZfInEsT
08-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah well spacers could work, but since your slammed, youd have to rock camber, and roll and pull your fenders.
215/40/17?

It's hard for us on here to judge the situation without being able to see it in front of us

I agree with that.Do you know what offet the wheels are?

03NorVa
08-26-2010, 11:04 AM
215/40/17?

well the offset isnt much at all.. you cant even really notice the camber unless youre standing off the car a little bit, im not sure exactly what is causing the rub, its not the tires tho, but now that i think about it the new tires dont seem to be doing it... although ive only had them on about a week n a half..... ive got no idea what the offset is, most mods on the car came with it, actually all but the exhaust came with it. and the system. im gonna ride on the new 40's for a bit longer and see if they end up doing it too... and if so ill try the 35s, then if those do it ill have to find out what id have to do to get some spacers on it. preciate all the help guys, if anything else comes to mind that would be a quick cheap fix, even temporary, let me know. thx again every1

PatrickJamesYu
08-26-2010, 03:29 PM
well the offset isnt much at all.. you cant even really notice the camber unless youre standing off the car a little bit, im not sure exactly what is causing the rub, its not the tires tho, but now that i think about it the new tires dont seem to be doing it... although ive only had them on about a week n a half..... ive got no idea what the offset is, most mods on the car came with it, actually all but the exhaust came with it. and the system. im gonna ride on the new 40's for a bit longer and see if they end up doing it too... and if so ill try the 35s, then if those do it ill have to find out what id have to do to get some spacers on it. preciate all the help guys, if anything else comes to mind that would be a quick cheap fix, even temporary, let me know. thx again every1

So the offset isn't much?
as in, the offset is low?
Like +20?

Pics maybe?