PDA

View Full Version : POpping noise??

2003_ep3
08-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Hey,
whenever I hit a bump traveling at small speeds I can here a popping noise coming from the right front tire. It has been there since I got the car two months ago and ithought new coilovers would solve the problem. But they didn't. So like I said, it is only at low mph. When I'm on the highway or going above 45, I can't here it.

So does anyone kno what this could be?? It's VERY annoying. Do u think it could be my tie rods or my ball joints? That's all I could think of. My brother also thought it could be the sway bar end links but we tested them and they seemed ok.

Thanks for all the help in advance!! Any suggestions would be great

jed_averill
08-20-2010, 11:38 AM
My tie rod ends were loose when I get my EP3. No sound heard before it was repaired.

Alex857
08-20-2010, 11:55 AM
I would say endlinks or balljoints. probably endlinks. try disconnecting the fronts, both, and take it for a spin, if its gone, problem solved.

Anrasmor
08-20-2010, 01:10 PM
I would say endlinks or balljoints. probably endlinks. try disconnecting the fronts, both, and take it for a spin, if its gone, problem solved.

Agreed.

Ronnie
08-21-2010, 12:10 AM

agree ^^
- I say look for the endlinks first, then ur balljoint
- also check ur upper mount on the strut where bearings are and replace the bearings

03civichatch
08-21-2010, 08:34 AM
im getting the same exact noise and only on the front side....lmk if that worked for you

2003_ep3
08-21-2010, 01:25 PM
well i just detailed the entire exterior last night. took seven hours!! but its scratch and swirl free. havent slept yet. so ill try what you guys have said first thing in the am. ill let everyone kno if it works.

thanks for the replies!!

Drew1d
08-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Any luck?