PDA

View Full Version : Spoon CRZ landing in the USA

.colin
08-20-2010, 10:34 AM
http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/car/world-exclusive-test-2011-spoon-sports-cr-z

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/images/tests/draft-content/cr-z/gallery2/spoon_cr-z_photo_7/1842078-1-eng-US/spoon-cr-z-007_gallery_image_large.jpg

pretty sick if you ask me :mcool:

Anrasmor
08-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow. That's pretty cool.

eurosteez
08-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Sweet!!! stoked its coming to the USDM... wish it had the powerplant of its european counterpart

FoReVaPmP
08-20-2010, 12:36 PM
I really want one.... THinking about getting one of these for my 16yr old! as his first car!!!.....

powdbyrice
08-20-2010, 12:47 PM
There is a vid on YouTube from HKS of their crz with a supercharger on it. It sounds DIRTY. Zomg.

Edit: linky http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/13/video-tease-hks-working-on-supercharger-for-honda-cr-z/

chiwhitesi
08-20-2010, 01:51 PM
i have said it like 1000 time on every forum I'm on, PLEASE HONDA put a K in it...

build it and we will come...

username011
08-20-2010, 05:45 PM
I agree with the people who commented in the link..Im not impressed with this car at all..the only reason people give this car a glance is because of the Spoon name..when you get down to it realisticly and get over the jdm honda fanboyism.. you realize..its a rip off..sorry.

carguru
April 19, 2010
[reply]If I want to get a CR-Z with relatively decent performance I would have to spend at least $32.000--it that point wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a 370Z? This just reinforces the fact that it made little sense to make the CR-Z a hybrid as the Spoon car demonstrates in order to make give the CR-Z even a modicum of acceptable performance it needed to put $8000 of modifications and still end up with car that has performance that still is lacking when compared to the 370Z.
Zoomie
April 26, 2010
[reply]A 2 seat Honda that costs in the low thirtys and gets upper twenty mpgs?

How can anyone choose this over the S2000 with a hundred hp extra, convertible and double wishbones all around?

Honda sucks these days. Maybe next decade they will sort themselves out.
gazman
July 3, 2010
[reply]There's no way the fuel economy will take such a big hit as the displacement hasn't increased! They've obviously designed and fitted wilder cams and likely upped compression (which would enhance efficiency) but even so the big hit in economy would only come when driven to the limit. Cruising economy should be within a hair of the stock CR-Z. There is no way in hell it'll drop from 37 highway mpg to 29.
Ray
April 17, 2010
[reply]A waste of money. 25/29 mpg with only fewer than 160 ponies, and with a price tag going so close to $30,000. There are so many other 'better' choices.

powdbyrice
08-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah, who would buy a heavy car with only 160hp and gets mph in the high 20s?

username011
08-20-2010, 06:48 PM

Hey man, if you want to spend 30k plus on this car..Im cool with that. Id be more comfortable spending that money on a Subaru or Nissan. the Legacy GT is a much better car for the money than this Honda.. with the standard I am sure you could get 30mpg and consider that it has a turbo and awd is bigger, more comfortable and safer and probably cost way less to insure than this Spoon CRZ..

Oh and I hate to burst your bubble but that video was sped up and isnt realistic on what it actually sounds like.

.colin
08-20-2010, 07:11 PM
people will still buy it. look at the mugen si.

ep3egg
08-20-2010, 07:14 PM
its silly to compare cars like 370z's s2k's subarus and whatever other sport car u can think of to the crz. honda made the crz as a sport hybrid, its not a roadster like a s2k, its not a sedan like a subaru legacy. its a gas saving sport hybrid people haha

27rocks
08-20-2010, 07:17 PM

I averaged 34 mpg's in my Ep... and did i mention average??? :mbiggrin:

27rocks
08-20-2010, 07:20 PM
its silly to compare cars like 370z's s2k's subarus and whatever other sport car u can think of to the crz. honda made the crz as a sport hybrid, its not a roadster like a s2k, its not a sedan like a subaru legacy. its a gas saving sport hybrid people haha

Yet its not sporty, but has only two seats. Oh and the mileage??? Well that actually kinda sucks too for the size of everything in and on the car for a "hybrid". I'm sorry but Honda blew it with this one. Not to mention the price tag... No thanks!

username011
08-20-2010, 07:32 PM

Im just talking about the Spoon CRZ..which definetly should be compared to an 370Z,Subaru,S2K etc.. when you try to make a car sporty and charge 30k for it you fall into a different category.. a sporty 2 door hybrid shouldnt cost that much and for that price it should be more powerful,faster..you know..more bang for your buck if you value your money.

But as the other member said. Look at the Mugen SI.. companys can build and sell ANYTHING if they slap a big enough name on it or hype it up enough even when there are other cars that are way better..

ep3egg
08-20-2010, 07:43 PM
i like the fact that this is the 1st hybrid to come with a 6-speed tranny. YAY HONDA!

STP03BlueSI
08-20-2010, 10:39 PM
can i bang it?

willy_akino
08-21-2010, 02:57 AM
i seen one in person i really like it. and i love the seats

ImportCustomx
08-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Honda isnt trying to break landspeed world records or revoultionize the tuner world ..they are making a sport hybrid...HYBRID..they are setting the tone for where the rest of the industry is going to have to go eventually with the whole "oil" issue. They are starting it off right. the crz is just like the crx. a sporty econo box for under 20,000. good luck with your subaru etc. i will never spend 27,000 on a subaru again. i have a 2010 wrx premium...its okay, not 27 okay.

Honda is a great name, something you can stand by and trust.

Everyone thinks that honda is trying to make this super car with the crz...they are not. they are starting the sporty hybrid market. once more manufacturers bite at this big smoke screen of hybrid cars and everyone has sporty hybrids then they will most likely release some car with nice amounts of power...and its a hybrid.

before cutting down the crz, wait till you drive it or see it in person. its a cool car, its not that expensive for what you get. if you want an awd turbo car that is poorly made and has shitty hardware that breaks all the time...then yes get another car.

itchy5
08-21-2010, 08:20 AM
its cool but i'd rather buy a base CRZ, remove the powerplant and batteries, and drop in a k20.

jed_averill
08-21-2010, 09:46 AM
I averaged 34 mpg's in my Ep... and did i mention average??? :mbiggrin:

How :(

.colin
08-21-2010, 12:02 PM
hybrid tuning is hot in japan right now. They are going crazy for the new insight too. Honda is just trying to be ahead of the curve.

johnkimble
08-21-2010, 12:06 PM
There is a vid on YouTube from HKS of their crz with a supercharger on it. It sounds DIRTY. Zomg.

Edit: linky http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/13/video-tease-hks-working-on-supercharger-for-honda-cr-z/

this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQydT529Nfc&feature=player_embedded

it's sped up

GT Supercharger Kit for CR-Z is under development. This is a shortened video of dyno setting of the kit.
* Caution) Since it is shortened, it sounds like F1. The actual GT Supercharger Kit does not sound like this.
"

still cool though. i'm a fan of the crz.

stealth
08-21-2010, 03:51 PM
hybrid tuning is hot in japan right now. They are going crazy for the new insight too. Honda is just trying to be ahead of the curve.

I just wish they would have been super ahead and actually put the ev-n into production. Would have bought one in a second.

ep3egg
08-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Honda isnt trying to break landspeed world records or revoultionize the tuner world ..they are making a sport hybrid...HYBRID..they are setting the tone for where the rest of the industry is going to have to go eventually with the whole "oil" issue. They are starting it off right. the crz is just like the crx. a sporty econo box for under 20,000. good luck with your subaru etc. i will never spend 27,000 on a subaru again. i have a 2010 wrx premium...its okay, not 27 okay.

Everyone thinks that honda is trying to make this super car with the crz...they are not. they are starting the sporty hybrid market. once more manufacturers bite at this big smoke screen of hybrid cars and everyone has sporty hybrids then they will most likely release some car with nice amounts of power...and its a hybrid.

before cutting down the crz, wait till you drive it or see it in person. its a cool car, its not that expensive for what you get. if you want an awd turbo car that is poorly made and has shitty hardware that breaks all the time...then yes get another car.

very well said sir:msmile:

Babylegg03si
08-22-2010, 08:46 AM
its cool but i'd rather buy a base CRZ, remove the powerplant and batteries, and drop in a k20.

Definitely agree! This car isn't bad looking at all. I wonder if the tuners will actually do that. If so, can't wait! And I can't wait to check out the new CRZ in person.

Kerby
08-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Honda isnt trying to break landspeed world records or revoultionize the tuner world ..they are making a sport hybrid...HYBRID..they are setting the tone for where the rest of the industry is going to have to go eventually with the whole "oil" issue. They are starting it off right. the crz is just like the crx. a sporty econo box for under 20,000.

could not have put it better myself.

jedimario
08-23-2010, 06:00 AM
Hybrids are still worthless. They offer no real benefits and they are a dead-end technology. Just a fad. And this car is the worst of them. It's not the worst hybrid car, but it fails to live up to its purposes; it's neither sporty nor is it efficient. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to step back and realize that Honda is not perfect.

ImportCustomx
08-23-2010, 06:40 AM
How is it not sporty or efficient? please explain.

sport·y (spôrˈtē, spōrˈ-)
adjective sportier sport·i·er, sportiest sport·i·est
-Appropriate for sport or participation in sports.
-Exhibiting sportsmanship; sporting.
-Flashy; jazzy.

It qualifies under those categorys as sporty within its clas (dont you dare compare to LFA or sti's)
and it is flashy and jazzy:msmooch:
Short wheels base, 6 speed, "sport mode"...

ef·fi·cient (ĭ-fĭshˈənt)
adjective
Acting directly to produce an effect: an efficient cause. See Synonyms at effective.
a. Acting or producing effectively with a minimum of waste, expense, or unnecessary effort.
b. Exhibiting a high ratio of output to input.

It uses gas yes, but gets good mpg and most importantly in the hybrid game , it leaves a very small carbon foot print. its all low emissions bullshit and what not.

its doing exactly what its supposed to do. just because they didnt make a 300hp easily modded k series motor in there doesnt mean you cant go buy one and make it fast.

everyone that bitchs about how slow is, go man the fuck up and buy one and then be the first one to make a swap kit for it..work out all the kinks and then make a fortune off people like myself who would be interested in buying one and putting a k24 in it. instead of bashing everything Honda brings to the states be happy they still offer a nice car to us.

i am sorry to rant but i am sick of people expecting a $50,000 super car to come from honda at $20,000. its not going to happen.

if you want a "fast sick car" then go buy an nsx...or better yet, go sell out and get a Subaru..they are so sick man, amazing awd power...turbo...yeahhhhh get my exhuast, downpipe/uppipe..deleted my cats...got a sick hks blow off valve too.

the crz is full of win, once you see one, drive one and actually get some aftermarket support...they will modded and loved.

im done being angry, daddy loves you still.

http://cr-z.honda.com/wp-content/gallery/cr-z-interior-photos/2011_cr-z_01_interior_1886.jpg
that interior says drive me..not like the ep..but it definetly makes me want to drive :)

jed_averill
08-23-2010, 08:33 AM
if you want a "fast sick car" then go buy an nsx...or better yet, go sell out and get a Subaru..they are so sick man, amazing awd power...turbo...yeahhhhh get my exhuast, downpipe/uppipe..deleted my cats...got a sick hks blow off valve too.

I chose the EP3 instead of an 06 STI :( I get another chance to get it once my lil bro can drive by himself.

ImportCustomx
08-23-2010, 11:30 AM
traiter

jedimario
08-23-2010, 11:50 AM
How is it not sporty or efficient? please explain.

If you compare it to sporty cars, it is not sporty. If you compare it to efficient cars, it is not efficient. It's only sporty when comparing it to efficient cars and efficient when comparing it to sporty cars, just like any regular Civic or Corolla. Therefore, fail.

username011
08-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah...buy an NSX because its not like its a huge rip off for dollar per value ratio instead of getting a awd car with 4 doors bigger trunk and will blow the doors off an nsx for 30 thousand dollars less money..

Stop being such a Honda fanboy Import and realize that Subarus and EVOs are fantastic HIGH PERFORMANCE vehicles that are GREAT value and you have never even owned one or at least Ive never seen any evidence that you owned a STi or EVO.

I dont take anybody seriously who bash on other cars that they have zero experience with.

jed_averill
08-23-2010, 12:13 PM
I have more fun driving my EP3 than driving the wrx bug eye.

ImportCustomx
08-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah...buy an NSX because its not like its a huge rip off for dollar per value ratio instead of getting a awd car with 4 doors bigger trunk and will blow the doors off an nsx for 30 thousand dollars less money..

Stop being such a Honda fanboy Import and realize that Subarus and EVOs are fantastic HIGH PERFORMANCE vehicles that are GREAT value and you have never even owned one or at least Ive never seen any evidence that you owned a STi or EVO.

I dont take anybody seriously who bash on other cars that they have zero experience with.

yes zero experience... you nailed it :) at that ill let you guys finish the flame... fanboy maybe...loyal yes.

my point is that everyone wants a supercar for 20 grand. if you spend 34-40grand for a car..it better be fast and it better have great handling.

skep18
08-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Wow! Looks sweet! As I remember, only thing I was not digging were the powah numbers. But b00st fixes that, and I didn't really expect much from a stock Honda.

I really want one.... THinking about getting one of these for my 16yr old! as his first car!!!.....

While I think that's very cool, I totalled my first car... Just saying.

ShadowEP3
08-23-2010, 05:34 PM
lawl at all the fanbois

i would love to own a CR-Z

BeaterEP
08-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Ya know, just speaking to the OEM CRZs, didn't like the look of the shots I'd seen online, but I saw one at the stealership today when I was picking up some parts, and I might be sold. Not gonna be pickin one up anytime soon, but in a couple years, I might go that route. Walked in and one was sitting off to the side of the showroom floor, so before hittin the parts counter I hopped in and messed around with it. 6spd felt nice, as did the seats. Wasn't used to the interior, but I haven't really been in a new car in years so that's not surprising :mbiggrin:
Hoping to score a test-drive sometime soon.
Two on the lot, white in the showroom and black outside, can't say I'm big on either, but the gray they've got out looks nice online.
Dunno, depending on how the test drive went, might be a pretty decent little gas-saver. At least it's not a fucking Prius or Insight, god I hate those friggin things.

0h5ive_EP3
08-23-2010, 07:46 PM
think i may visit the stealership sometime this week for a test drive now!!

T_Virus
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
It's good that the CRZ came over but still, not a car that I would want...

Johnny
09-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Spoon + CRZ = just another big time Fail with a capital F. Gets in the 20's for gas mileage and runs in the 15's? Slow down Spoon, wouldn't want to get a ticket.

Stanz0r
09-01-2010, 07:24 AM
A regular CR-Z? Sure!
This failboat? No thanks!

Seriously Honda may be trying to stay ahead of the curve, but for the price and what you get it's a freaking joke! I'm not sure what is worse, the Mugen Si or this overpriced piece of JDM garbage. Great job Honda, you made a slower entry level hybrid into a slow overpriced hybrid. Give it 6 months on a dealership lot and it'll go the way of the Mugens, highly discounted just to get rid of the things because the only initial buyers are a bunch of die hard fanboys that want it only because of the Spoon name. At the rate Honda is going I can only imagine the disappointment if and when they finally do release a Type-R in the US.

SHG_EasyE
09-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Cant wait to see how it does at the 25 hour. The Fit walked on everyone with its awesome efficiency, Im thinking this car will do the same but with a little more poop :)

sleepy ep3
09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Dudes, Honda has been fucking up ever since they killed all of their sports cars. The reason that they don't bring over a type r is due to emissions? Retarded. I believe that japan has even stricter emissions than we do, but honda wants to protect their sqeaky clean environmental image, and in the process of all this marketing, is losing the enthusiasts that made a Honda sports car desirable. The rsx? Dead. S2000? Dead. Crz? Ehh. Should have had a K series motor from the beginning. Why come out with ANOTHER hybrid car? Insight, civic, crz? How many do you need? And as far as the crz being a sportier version of those cars, I doubt it really drives like anything but a pig due to the underpowered motor and weight of the hybrid setup. I don't mean to rant but WTF Honda? What do you think the spoon crz is going to cost? More than likely as much as the overpriced mugen si. Slap a suspension and panels on it and charge an extra 10 grand for it? Honda is all about marketing now, and not performance. Blah blah blah. And if they don't stop playing that fucking opra house commercial I am going to shoot my self. I'm mr opportunity, and I'm fucking retarded. Think about it, hondas spokesperson IS A FUCKING CARTOON CHARACTOR!!! Clowns.

ep3jd
09-01-2010, 03:41 PM

im with you. i deliver parts to honda every day and see this thing sitting out front. i love it.

Dudes, Honda has been fucking up ever since they killed all of their sports cars. The reason that they don't bring over a type r is due to emissions? Retarded. I believe that japan has even stricter emissions than we do, but honda wants to protect their sqeaky clean environmental image, and in the process of all this marketing, is losing the enthusiasts that made a Honda sports car desirable. The rsx? Dead. S2000? Dead. Crz? Ehh. Should have had a K series motor from the beginning. Why come out with ANOTHER hybrid car? Insight, civic, crz? How many do you need? And as far as the crz being a sportier version of those cars, I doubt it really drives like anything but a pig due to the underpowered motor and weight of the hybrid setup. I don't mean to rant but WTF Honda? What do you think the spoon crz is going to cost? More than likely as much as the overpriced mugen si. Slap a suspension and panels on it and charge an extra 10 grand for it? Honda is all about marketing now, and not performance. Blah blah blah. And if they don't stop playing that fucking opra house commercial I am going to shoot my self. I'm mr opportunity, and I'm fucking retarded. Think about it, hondas spokesperson IS A FUCKING CARTOON CHARACTOR!!! Clowns.

<rant>

you should probably calm down. think about it. a very small percentage of the people here purchased their car brand new, with intention to modify. the majority of cars that come out end up being bought by older people with money, and then 5 years down the line, when the value decreases, a tuner steps in a buys it from them when the price tag is low, all performance products have serious R&D behind them, and are readily available for purchase. so by then, the performance enhancing technology has increased, the price has decreased, and the availability of the cars has increased. what is wrong with that? is that not how its been going for years? was the CRX a fast car upon production? no. did tuners 5, 10, 15 years later manage to launch them down a track at 160+ mph with an 8 second trap speed? yes. so yes, the car isn't a sports car and costs more then you want it to, but were you really going to go to honda tomorrow to pick one up and dump 2 times the purchase price into it to make it even faster if it made 200 wheel stock? i doubt it.

you can't expect honda to put the common 5 year later car enthusiast and tuner before the preservation of their company, and the environment for that matter. you are not their target demographic of sales. you buying a used civic you saw on the corner of your block does not put money in their pockets. the person who put the first 100 miles on the car, on the other hand did. they're doing what needs to be done. and i support it. would you rather them come out with a car comparable to the GTR? and slap a 100k price tag on it? i'm sure you wouldn't be rushing out to buy THAT either.

</rant>

SHG_EasyE
09-01-2010, 06:38 PM
And as far as the crz being a sportier version of those cars, I doubt it really drives like anything but a pig due to the underpowered motor and weight of the hybrid setup. I don't mean to rant but WTF Honda? What do you think the spoon crz is going to cost? More than likely as much as the overpriced mugen si. Slap a suspension and panels on it and charge an extra 10 grand for it? Honda is all about marketing now, and not performance. Blah blah blah. And if they don't stop playing that fucking opra house commercial I am going to shoot my self. I'm mr opportunity, and I'm fucking retarded. Think about it, hondas spokesperson IS A FUCKING CARTOON CHARACTOR!!! Clowns.

Dude what is your deal? If Honda sucks so much why do you even give a shit at all?

1- The CRZ weighs 2600 lbs. How many other cars made in 2010 are that light, regardless of trim layout etc. Most car companies havent put out a sub 2800 lb car in years.

2- How much is the Spoon CRZ going to cost? It doesnt matter because there wont be one for sale here, or in Japan. Go to Spoon with your CRZ and buy whatever shit you feel like putting on it - thats how much it will cost. The title of this thread "Spoon CRZ hits the states" means it will be here competing in the 25 hour, not on the showroom floor.

3- High priced cars like the Mugen Si, S2000 CR (which I never see anyone bash for whatever reason. I mean if the Si is just body panles and shocks isnt that exactly what the s2000 CR is?) are priced high because they are collectors items, hence the 2000/1000 units made. These are not for everyone. They are for a specific type of person that appreciates the R+D involved with taking 3 seconds off a lap time with only upgraded shock sprigs and aero (Mugen Si vs Si @ VIR). And Im pretty sure the people ho would buy these cars and myself dont give a crap what you "anti-fanboy" twats think about it.

4- Honda isnt about performance anymore eh? Please tell me what other naturally aspirated powerplats are offered right now in the market with over 100hp/liter. Hondas engines are designed so much better than other brands, its scary.

I cant say Im trilled with the market being flooded with hybrid sports cars like the ferrari and porsches etc, but its the future of the industry and us enthusiasts will have to eaiter adapt to it or keep out hobby focused on the older cars. Either way I dont see why everyone is getting so god damn pissed off at Honda for making a lightweight Hybrid with A fucking 6 SPEED!

Paul 631
09-01-2010, 06:42 PM
It's a 4 door insight. It's slow, safe and has a fair amount of understeer.

Hopefully the scca will class it similar to the pirus so it'll have some competition at the local autocross. :)

ep3jd
09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
It's a 4 door insight. It's slow, safe and has a fair amount of understeer.

Hopefully the scca will class it similar to the pirus so it'll have some competition at the local autocross. :)

you mean 2 door?

Dude what is your deal? If Honda sucks so much why do you even give a shit at all?

1- The CRZ weighs 2600 lbs. How many other cars made in 2010 are that light, regardless of trim layout etc. Most car companies havent put out a sub 2800 lb car in years.

2- How much is the Spoon CRZ going to cost? It doesnt matter because there wont be one for sale here, or in Japan. Go to Spoon with your CRZ and buy whatever shit you feel like putting on it - thats how much it will cost. The title of this thread "Spoon CRZ hits the states" means it will be here competing in the 25 hour, not on the showroom floor.

3- High priced cars like the Mugen Si, S2000 CR (which I never see anyone bash for whatever reason. I mean if the Si is just body panles and shocks isnt that exactly what the s2000 CR is?) are priced high because they are collectors items, hence the 2000/1000 units made. These are not for everyone. They are for a specific type of person that appreciates the R+D involved with taking 3 seconds off a lap time with only upgraded shock sprigs and aero (Mugen Si vs Si @ VIR). And Im pretty sure the people ho would buy these cars and myself dont give a crap what you "anti-fanboy" twats think about it.

4- Honda isnt about performance anymore eh? Please tell me what other naturally aspirated powerplats are offered right now in the market with over 100hp/liter. Hondas engines are designed so much better than other brands, its scary.

I cant say Im trilled with the market being flooded with hybrid sports cars like the ferrari and porsches etc, but its the future of the industry and us enthusiasts will have to eaiter adapt to it or keep out hobby focused on the older cars. Either way I dont see why everyone is getting so god damn pissed off at Honda for making a lightweight Hybrid with A fucking 6 SPEED!

i really fucking enjoy that you have a brain, evan

sleepy ep3
09-01-2010, 09:08 PM
you can't expect honda to put the common 5 year later car enthusiast and tuner before the preservation of their company, and the environment for that matter. you are not their target demographic of sales. you buying a used civic you saw on the corner of your block does not put money in their pockets. the person who put the first 100 miles on the car, on the other hand did. they're doing what needs to be done. and i support it. would you rather them come out with a car comparable to the GTR? and slap a 100k price tag on it? i'm sure you wouldn't be rushing out to buy THAT either.

</rant>[/QUOTE]

No, I wouldn't buy a 100K GTR beater, but a sub-25K Honda car with a type r engine? Sure. Hell yeah. You have to admit that they have fallen off on their pursuit of performance. Good for them, they have a green conscience, but don't forget about the other side of the Honda crowd either. And as to the CRX making the power it did, THAT WAS IN THE EARLY 90'S!! It is now 2010, 20 years later, and am I so wrong for expecting a bit more? WTF

sleepy ep3
09-01-2010, 09:13 PM

I give a shit because if I ever get sick of my current car and want to buy a new Honda, there isn't really much out there that has any power. Please tell me what honda car SOLD IN THE USA has 100hp per liter rating that is being sold now? Civic Si? Nope. 197hp, if you want to get technical, and lets see it put that down on a dyno, never happen. And this 6 speed that you are raving about, its not for performance, ITS FOR FUEL ECONOMY!! 6th gear allows it to get "great" highway fuel economy, and is not used for performance. I give Honda props for the idea, but thats about it. And you would almost have to have a six speed, with very short gearing in the first 5, to make a 120hp, 2600lb car feel like its going fast.

ep3jd
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
No, I wouldn't buy a 100K GTR beater, but a sub-25K Honda car with a type r engine? Sure. Hell yeah. You have to admit that they have fallen off on their pursuit of performance. Good for them, they have a green conscience, but don't forget about the other side of the Honda crowd either. And as to the CRX making the power it did, THAT WAS IN THE EARLY 90'S!! It is now 2010, 20 years later, and am I so wrong for expecting a bit more? WTF

I give a shit because if I ever get sick of my current car and want to buy a new Honda, there isn't really much out there that has any power. Please tell me what honda car SOLD IN THE USA has 100hp per liter rating that is being sold now? Civic Si? Nope. 197hp, if you want to get technical, and lets see it put that down on a dyno, never happen. And this 6 speed that you are raving about, its not for performance, ITS FOR FUEL ECONOMY!! 6th gear allows it to get "great" highway fuel economy, and is not used for performance. I give Honda props for the idea, but thats about it. And you would almost have to have a six speed, with very short gearing in the first 5, to make a 120hp, 2600lb car feel like its going fast.

U mad???

ShadowEP3
09-02-2010, 03:06 PM

says the guy who has a Honda God prayer

sleepy ep3
09-02-2010, 05:20 PM
U mad???

No. I'm Italian and I type the way I talk, loud. Lol

SHG_EasyE
09-02-2010, 05:36 PM

If you get sick of your car and want a newer honda then you have 5 years of great high performance cars to choose from. I honestly dont see why anyone would buy a brand new car, especially a honda. Its just a plain waste of money. Pick up a used car in mint shape with say 50k and save 10-12 grand? yes please.

And yes Im referring to the Si. 197hp for 2.0 liters is damn close enough to 100hp/L. And engine output when comparing stock power plants and output per liter is always measured as the manufacturer does - at the flywheel.

So easily people forget the other cars Honda offers in other countires. Just because they arent offered here doesnt mean Honda is "off their game" or "failing". Those cars arent offered here because there is no market. America consists of a majority which cares only about horsepower per dollar. Americans are too ignorant and fixated on a car that is "fast" and that will make them look cool and badass to be bothered with appreciating intense RandD to produce something so amazing with comparitively so little. In America a car with under 250 HP is a slow ass piece of crap, no matter how much time was put into aero and suspension and chassis development. But give them a 4wd 300 hp car thats only good for 70-80k before the engine or turbo starts to crap out and theyre all for it. Mind you these amazing high performance cars are all slower on the track than an FD2R.

If youre pissed about the cars that AMERICAN Honda is offering take it up with AMERICA. The country provides the demand and auto makers have no choice but to cater to that demand. If you want all that Honda has to offer move to another country and stop bitching.

/-/O/\/D/\ EP3
09-02-2010, 08:09 PM
^ i agree.....=) keep up the good work with your car man....seen the threads lately---GORGEOUS work!!!!

dirtyduck17
09-02-2010, 08:16 PM
If you get sick of your car and want a newer honda then you have 5 years of great high performance cars to choose from. I honestly dont see why anyone would buy a brand new car, especially a honda. Its just a plain waste of money. Pick up a used car in mint shape with say 50k and save 10-12 grand? yes please.

And yes Im referring to the Si. 197hp for 2.0 liters is damn close enough to 100hp/L. And engine output when comparing stock power plants and output per liter is always measured as the manufacturer does - at the flywheel.

So easily people forget the other cars Honda offers in other countires. Just because they arent offered here doesnt mean Honda is "off their game" or "failing". Those cars arent offered here because there is no market. America consists of a majority which cares only about horsepower per dollar. Americans are too ignorant and fixated on a car that is "fast" and that will make them look cool and badass to be bothered with appreciating intense RandD to produce something so amazing with comparitively so little. In America a car with under 250 HP is a slow ass piece of crap, no matter how much time was put into aero and suspension and chassis development. But give them a 4wd 300 hp car thats only good for 70-80k before the engine or turbo starts to crap out and theyre all for it. Mind you these amazing high performance cars are all slower on the track than an FD2R.

If youre pissed about the cars that AMERICAN Honda is offering take it up with AMERICA. The country provides the demand and auto makers have no choice but to cater to that demand. If you want all that Honda has to offer move to another country and stop bitching.

True story. Honda in America keeps the lights on with Odysseys, Pilots and Accords, not sporty subcompacts. Si's and CRZs are there to promote Honda's sporty or green side not to be its performance halo model. We don't get those halo models here.

That said, I like the CRZ. It looks good and drives great for a little car. Would I spend my hard earned money on it? No. I have a family and a two seater is out of the question currently. I'd spend that money on a used TSX though.

The Spoon CRZ? Spec mine with all the chassis and suspension stuff. I'll boost it and beat 145hp all day. I hope they rock the 25 hours of thunderhill just so the brand will receive some recognition.

Passenger
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
umm yeah I dont see why anyone would complain much about CRZ having 6speed.. the Fit guys always complain about getting stuck with 5speed and it was made to be a gas sipper, so why wouldn't Honda take some advice and add another gas saving gear?
Honda doesn't have a sporty side anymore, it sucks, but move on. Its not that big of a deal.

ImportCustomx
09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
all the people that bash teh crz must have that 20grand readily available and are car shopping. the people that cant afford it, complain, people that can afford it, respect it.

I've talked to many enthusiest ( not keyboard ninja's that claim homeboy6966 has a crz and its slow) and they love them. i have personally driven one. Its a really fun car to drive. i went from my skunk2 ep3 and got in one of these and it was fun. it even sounded okay too. i didnt feel to much like a hyrbid. next time i take it out ill post a in car video so you can hear it and see it.

all the people hating on it are the kids that want subies and evo's..so i say fuck em all.

im going to enjoy my honda's while all the haters go feelin up the subie meets and bad mouth honda.
all the crz haters can get to the back of the bus

In America a car with under 250 HP is a slow ass piece of crap, no matter how much time was put into aero and suspension and chassis development. But give them a 4wd 300 hp car thats only good for 70-80k before the engine or turbo starts to crap out and theyre all for it. Mind you these amazing high performance cars are all slower on the track than an FD2R.
so true...its sad.

Hasbro
09-09-2010, 09:07 PM
GrassRootsMotorsports tested and liked it. That turned me around.

Ep3crazy
05-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Im just talking about the Spoon CRZ..which definetly should be compared to an 370Z,Subaru,S2K etc.. when you try to make a car sporty and charge 30k for it you fall into a different category.. a sporty 2 door hybrid shouldnt cost that much and for that price it should be more powerful,faster..you know..more bang for your buck if you value your money.

But as the other member said. Look at the Mugen SI.. companys can build and sell ANYTHING if they slap a big enough name on it or hype it up enough even when there are other cars that are way better..

Dude i agree this car blows how many of us dnt agree we would rather spend 30000 on somethimg better i mean if imma give up horsepower i want a smart car it is wat it is it doesnt try to b sporty nd get good milage we r not there in technology were we can get both...

RedSiBaron
05-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Dude i agree this car blows how many of us dnt agree we would rather spend 30000 on somethimg better i mean if imma give up horsepower i want a smart car it is wat it is it doesnt try to b sporty nd get good milage we r not there in technology were we can get both...

First off old thread, second I can't follow what you're saying...third I don't know about the spoon crz, but the regular crz closer to 20k, and has all the go of the 2nd generation si crx, plus a little, the crz weighs 100lbs less than the 2650 honda rated it at, and I've gotten 47mpg out of it...dunno why people have an issue...

ShadowEP3
05-11-2011, 12:39 PM
dunno why people have an issue...

cuz its a hybrid and boost > ALL

again, if you dont like the car, fine..but dont deny that what its meant for, its a powerhouse

RedSiBaron
05-11-2011, 10:47 PM
cuz its a hybrid and boost > ALL

again, if you dont like the car, fine..but dont deny that what its meant for, its a powerhouse

people are ignorant...and talk shit about things they have zero real life experience with...

AKEP
05-12-2011, 06:50 PM
i wonder if those mpg figures are on normal mode or what. cause i drove an ex model and it got 55mpg on econ mode.

unless the power plant is completely different, i wouldn't know. i dont care enough to check on it. its balls slow in gt5 LOL

AKEP
05-12-2011, 07:04 PM
all the people that bash teh crz must have that 20grand readily available and are car shopping. the people that cant afford it, complain, people that can afford it, respect it.

I've talked to many enthusiest ( not keyboard ninja's that claim homeboy6966 has a crz and its slow) and they love them. i have personally driven one. Its a really fun car to drive. i went from my skunk2 ep3 and got in one of these and it was fun. it even sounded okay too. i didnt feel to much like a hyrbid. next time i take it out ill post a in car video so you can hear it and see it.

all the people hating on it are the kids that want subies and evo's..so i say fuck em all.

im going to enjoy my honda's while all the haters go feelin up the subie meets and bad mouth honda.
all the crz haters can get to the back of the bus.

if i had 20k i would have bought it already. that car is really nice. compare it to what 20k used to get you in 04, and you're getting a deal.

the ep was priced at 16-22k and all it was, was a civic with a k20 platform and one-off seats that only came in the ep. and a red stitched steering wheel. i dont remember how much the regular civic was but i bet it was going for 13-15k at the time. now you can get navi, 30-50mpg, a stereo system that you probably never have to change, and if you were a crx lover, you would have the new crx and guess what, you would probably never have a reason to sell the car.

i always wanted an ef platform, now that i got one, its awesome still. i average 30-35 mpg and my co workers are getting 20-24 in there g35's and subarus. on a 40 mile one way trip to work.

i say, don't bash it until you try it. i was like "wtf..." then i drove it and now im like "omguh!" - i drove a 2001 insight ON ICE, poped the clutch and it still didn't have enough power to spin the wheels. ON SMOOTH ICE. i drove litterally 100 ft and took it back to the dealer. it gets great mpg but damn, that was dangerously slow.

Obleezie
05-23-2011, 12:43 AM
My buddy has one of them and there pretty fun cars to drive for what they are

Draw7Seven
05-23-2011, 03:39 PM
It's just not my cup of tea. I also find it funny that the tuner companies are still trying to use Honda platforms when Honda has basically said "we're done with performance until we can figure this green thing out." I agree it would definitely make waves if this thing took the 25 hours, I guess that already happened if this is an older thread.

But again, just not what I would wanna drive. If that makes me a broke "hater" because I went and got a BMW that I liked the styling of, so be it. Shrug.

jdmjay27
05-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Honda could have done a little better with the rear end but the front end looks pretty sweet!

VividSI
08-02-2011, 06:13 PM
For what you would spend on this you could just get a new TL. which is a slight upgrade. What a joke.