PDA

View Full Version : i am having issues with my lights

Manny Kid 15
08-21-2010, 11:20 AM
I dont know if any of you guys have had this same issue, but it is really pissing me off
i have replaced the fuse for my headlights 3 times already and they just went out again yesterday....i want to know if this is something that can easily be fixed....i dont know how its messing up but as i am driving my all my lights just turned off and the fuse is burnt out, so if anyone has some helpful comments please help me out cause i am not trying to drive around with a box of fuses for everytime they decide to die on me

I AM RUNNING THESE HEADLIGHTS AND HAVE BEEN RUNNING THEM FOR 3 YEARS NOW, JUST STARTED HAVING THIS ISSUE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/the_kid122085/Cars/honda-civic-02-04-black-projector-h.jpg

jh604
08-21-2010, 11:51 AM
you have a short somewhere....please tell us more. like does it happen once you turn it on, or its on and you turn the steering wheel one way and it blows or whatever. you cant just say it blows and expect us to know whats wrong

.colin
08-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I had the same issue. I had removed my marker lights and taped up the connectors with electrical tape to seal them up (or so I thought). Anyways during the winter water got in there and froze and kept shorting out my system everytime i turned on my lights. I had to dry them out completely for it to not short out.

Since its your headlights, id check all your connectors especially if they aren't plugged into anything.

Manny Kid 15
08-21-2010, 12:20 PM
all of the times it has happened i turn on the car and they work, i am driving and all of a sudden they shut off....

The only thing i can think off right now is that maybe since i replaced my OEM bumpers with JDM ones and they dont have side markers maybe i am having the same issue as you...what should i do about the wires that were for the side markers, should i cut them off and tape up the rest

.colin
08-21-2010, 12:23 PM
all of the times it has happened i turn on the car and they work, i am driving and all of a sudden they shut off....

The only thing i can think off right now is that maybe since i replaced my OEM bumpers with JDM ones and they dont have side markers maybe i am having the same issue as you...what should i do about the wires that were for the side markers, should i cut them off and tape up the rest

id check them for sure, otherwise may be something else. I would just tape them up with electrical tape. Don't cut them off.

Manny Kid 15
08-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I had the same issue. I had removed my marker lights and taped up the connectors with electrical tape to seal them up (or so I thought). Anyways during the winter water got in there and froze and kept shorting out my system everytime i turned on my lights. I had to dry them out completely for it to not short out.

Since its your headlights, id check all your connectors especially if they aren't plugged into anything.

Also its not just my headlights its all my lights my car goes pitch black inside and out

.colin
08-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Also its not just my headlights its all my lights my car goes pitch black inside and out

yeah I think they are all on the same circuit, but I could be wrong.

Manny Kid 15
08-21-2010, 12:52 PM
ill check that out today when i get out from work but its weird that all of a sudden it started happening when we havent had any rain