PDA

View Full Version : Need Feedback about incident after oil change at Walmart

15000rpms
08-22-2010, 06:58 PM
So my car was able to open from the inside before I went to change my oil at Walmart. The tech was able to open it from the inside too and already claim so.

So after the oil change, I got in the car and went to a fast food place close by and couldn't get out. I said WTF. My brother was with me and suggest that we go back. When we got there I asked and the tech said that he was afraid so too.(meaning he knew but didn't tell me).

So my bro was in black security uniform too and questioned them to the extreme. They were pretty scared too. We waited for their manager to come out and she told us that their insurance company will handle the claim and look at the videos to see if it was a pre-existing condition or not. She would not even let us say anything and just wanted us to file a claim. The tech had told me that they had heard weird noises from the transmission and was investigating it. The tech was able to get out the first time, then one of their other managers came to check the noise, and that's when she wasn't able to get out. Luckily, my bro took down the tech's statement, but forgot to let him sign the statement. I suspected that the long time I waited outside was the time that the managers gave advice as to what the tech should do. I hope that the statement the tech gave is enough evidence for a win because we were able to get the time and full name of the tech.

The feedback I need is what should I do and what do I expect to happen? I know that they will try to screw me over and say that its a pre-existing condition. What do I do then? Or what do I do if they lie that their videos don't work?

ep3egg
08-22-2010, 07:08 PM
dude, why the f**k would u take your car to wal-mart to get a oil change bwahahaha, u f**ked up.

ep3egg
08-22-2010, 07:10 PM
goodluck, i hope u get it resolved.

15000rpms
08-22-2010, 07:11 PM
dude, why the f**k would u take your car to wal-mart to get a oil change bwahahaha, u f**ked up.

I was just stopping by to get some stuff, so I wonder why not? Also, Honda takes 2 hrs to do it, and Jiffy lube techs at my place are too lazy. And it was rainy or too humid at my house and my brother was stingy about the garage opener so I couldn't get any tools out of the garage.

15000rpms
08-22-2010, 07:12 PM
goodluck, i hope u get it resolved.

Thank You. I hope so too, but I'm just a little axious because insurance companies always like to try to screw people over. If it comes down to it, I might have to follow my little bros advice of using extreme verbal aggression.

ShadowEP3
08-22-2010, 07:14 PM
I went to change my oil at Walmart.

theres your problem

most thats gonna happen is either:
they say it was like that before you took it in
or
they refund you your money

jed_averill
08-22-2010, 07:16 PM
That works. I suggest you find a family owned auto service and befriend them. I get quality stuff and some hookups on services (sometimes cheaper).

15000rpms
08-22-2010, 07:27 PM
theres your problem

most thats gonna happen is either:
they say it was like that before you took it in
or
they refund you your money

But it wasn't like that before because the tech even said that he was able to get out and then when the manager went to check for the noise, that's when it broke.

Heitzke
08-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Just pull off the door panel and fix it. Happens to me a couple times a year, or after someone closes one of the doors really hard. Don't waste your time going through insurance and all that.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/Heitzke/IMG_1108.jpg

I almost guarantee that the clear(ish) plastic collar (that holds the release cable in place on the door panel) just popped out of the U-shaped clip that holds it.

superchargedk20
08-22-2010, 07:30 PM
I was just stopping by to get some stuff, so I wonder why not? Also, Honda takes 2 hrs to do it, and Jiffy lube techs at my place are too lazy. And it was rainy or too humid at my house and my brother was stingy about the garage opener so I couldn't get any tools out of the garage.

So what lol. Wait till the next day. Were u that desperate to get an oil change to let walmart touch ur car lol? waitin another day wouldnt have killed u

Passenger
08-22-2010, 07:31 PM

You dont owe this dude no explination. The point of this isn't a walmart oil change place, they're just as liable as any other place you take it to.
The only way you have to prove anything is probably those tapes and maybe a statement from that guy your brother got one from. Hopefully everything will work out; and I know I've kinda picked on you in the past about your On the Road threads but I hate seeing anybody get screwed out of anything, hopefully the rest of EPH will too.

superchargedk20
08-22-2010, 07:33 PM
You dont owe this dude no explination. The point of this isn't a walmart oil change place, they're just as liable as any other place you take it to.
The only way you have to prove anything is probably those tapes and maybe a statement from that guy your brother got one from. Hopefully everything will work out; and I know I've kinda picked on you in the past about your On the Road threads but I hate seeing anybody get screwed out of anything, hopefully the rest of EPH will too.
God i used to love those

15000rpms
08-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Just pull off the door panel and fix it. Happens to me a couple times a year, or after someone closes one of the doors really hard. Don't waste your time going through insurance and all that.

I almost guarantee that the clear(ish) plastic collar (that holds the release cable in place on the door panel) just popped out of the U-shaped clip that holds it.

I'll take a look into it after work.

Thanks

Passenger
08-22-2010, 07:34 PM

Oh well if it's just that yeah I'd try to get a refund and do that yourself. Good luck

Passenger
08-22-2010, 07:35 PM
God i used to love those

oh man I did too.

15000rpms
08-22-2010, 07:35 PM
So what lol. Wait till the next day. Were u that desperate to get an oil change to let walmart touch ur car lol? waitin another day wouldnt have killed u

I wasn't desperate, but it was put off for a long time. It's about 4-5k miles already. I'm just getting lazier and forgeting it. Wait for the next day? My oldest bro is "STINGY." Despite him saying that if we damage his ek in the garage we have to pay for it, he still hides the garage opener. blah blah blah blah.

15000rpms
08-22-2010, 07:37 PM

Thank You. Yes, we "all" have our misunderstandings and debates, arugments and all, but at the end of the day EPH is still one big family.

jed_averill
08-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Except for that guy who posted a video of his rice EP3. Looks like he's not too welcomed.

shanewdude
08-22-2010, 07:58 PM
I agree that it's probably your door latch cable not attached properly. I hope they didn't have your door panels off... are you missing any speakers? Maybe it happens by chance. Thing is, it' might be pretty easy to fix, so it's probably no big deal. Good luck! I'm curious to hear how it goes for you.

Heitzke
08-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I agree that it's probably your door latch cable not attached properly. I hope they didn't have your door panels off... are you missing any speakers? Maybe it happens by chance. Thing is, it' might be pretty easy to fix, so it's probably no big deal. Good luck! I'm curious to hear how it goes for you.

If someone slams my door pretty hard the cable will pop out of the door easily.

15000rpms
08-22-2010, 08:18 PM

I hate it when people slam my door. I always say to myself, dang, don't have to use so much force to close the door. For me, when I close other peoples car door, I bring to about half a foot from closing and then give a little push. But yeah, if thats the case, then the techs must have slammed my door then.

DRP967
08-22-2010, 08:28 PM

I would never take any car to Walmart for an oil change lol.

To the OP, hope your situation gets resolved in a timely fashion.

BTW take your car to a trusty experienced mechanic for oil changes and car maintenance and or do it yourself.

superchargedk20
08-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Except for that guy who posted a video of his rice EP3. Looks like he's not too welcomed.

Link this !

makavelibranded
08-22-2010, 08:47 PM

Yep happened to me after I replaced my driver side actuator,.. just got home from work went to open my door and felt a pop and couldint open the door, then I hopped over to my passenger side pulled the handle and felt it pop and not open:mfrown: then after a couple minutes and a brain fart I rolled down my window and opened it from the outside:mbiggrin:

rjmq06
08-22-2010, 09:59 PM
i dont trust those places
like walmart, jiffy lube, and other oil changes places
one of my friend used to work at jiffy and sometimes when they encounter a rude customer they put used oil on your car
and i heard they got a lawsuit of using the flush thingy cause that thing will kill your engine and its not trusted..

if i were you just learn how to change it by yourself, its really easy like making dinner to your girlfriend
or bring to a mechanic that knows how to get things done

15000rpms
08-23-2010, 06:11 AM
i dont trust those places
like walmart, jiffy lube, and other oil changes places
one of my friend used to work at jiffy and sometimes when they encounter a rude customer they put used oil on your car
and i heard they got a lawsuit of using the flush thingy cause that thing will kill your engine and its not trusted..

if i were you just learn how to change it by yourself, its really easy like making dinner to your girlfriend
or bring to a mechanic that knows how to get things done

thank you for the info. I do know how to change the oil, but like I said, I have a stingy brother over protecting his ek collecting dust in the garage.

15000rpms
08-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Fixed. That white thing from the cable came off. The insurance company called and of course didn't want to take blame or fault and wanted me to get a third party to test to see if it was a pre-exsiting condition or not. Obviously, it wasn't a pre-existing condition. They broke it by slamming my door too hard. I will let them wait for the week and fax over a shame letter to their company called CMI.

Tougeep3
08-23-2010, 06:42 PM

:yeahthat:..

wal-mart oil changes= get a bus pass you cheap lazy bastard..

makavelibranded
08-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Fixed. That white thing from the cable came off. The insurance company called and of course didn't want to take blame or fault and wanted me to get a third party to test to see if it was a pre-exsiting condition or not. Obviously, it wasn't a pre-existing condition. They broke it by slamming my door too hard. I will let them wait for the week and fax over a shame letter to their company called CMI.

that cable will work its way loose over time it didint break you just slip it back into place, wtf are you trying to sue about it takes 10 minutes and no money to fix

Heitzke
08-24-2010, 12:41 PM
that cable will work its way loose over time it didint break you just slip it back into place, wtf are you trying to sue about it takes 10 minutes and no money to fix

Sue happy america FTW. People don't know how to shrug stuff off anymore.

15000rpms
09-28-2010, 07:39 AM

I'm not trying to sue. I'm pissed that walmart didn't notify me and CMI insurance was an asshole telling me to prove that walmart broke it.

codyep3
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
I am sorry, but you really let WAL MART do your oil change? LOL

15000rpms
09-28-2010, 09:27 AM

for the last time, it was a one time thingy. Jiffylube is lazy, Honda takes too long, and I was by so why not at the time, and my brother is greedy about the garage opener, so, yep.

Passenger
09-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Sue happy america FTW. People don't know how to shrug stuff off anymore.
This.

Mature and contributing. Thanks for the input.

kenscivic
09-28-2010, 09:34 AM
First off, what's wrong with letting wal mart change your oil? Whenever I am on a trip to texas or somewhere far away usually I stop by wal mart to get the oil changed. I check to make sure the filter and plug are in good and that it is full but no bad mojo thus far... Shit is cheap and usually quicker than other shops/dealerships (mind you not as quick as a quick lube place but still)

Second off, it is irritating that shit breaks by other peoples hands, luckily this time its a small part. Get over it yoo

codyep3
09-28-2010, 09:51 AM
I had other places do my oil, until you find out they put shitty oil in it, and 5w20, and the fact that they torque the oil filter down to 80 lbs. I do it myself now because I know I will care for the car better. And yes I am being immature and unhelpful, but you truly made the mistake of allowing monkeys to be working on YOUR car. This thread is win. The door thing probably just got came un attached, It happened to my car when I was putting in new door speakers

Chad
09-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Had the door card ever been taken off before? are you sure? Did you buy the car used?

I've had it happen, it was because I did not snap the retaining clip in correctly. there's 2 clicks.

[Sip]
09-30-2010, 06:58 AM
Ugh, that sucks. Walmart is bad news...I took my flat in to get it patched up, and they messed it up bad. Some of us learn the hard way. I feel like I've been infected with a malicious virus just stepping into Walmart. Knowing a good car shop is important...

Just do your own oil change, and don't let anyone get their greasy mits on your car.

15000rpms
09-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Had the door card ever been taken off before? are you sure? Did you buy the car used?

I've had it happen, it was because I did not snap the retaining clip in correctly. there's 2 clicks.

I've taken the door off before, but it's the first time that that clip has fallen off. Anyways, I tried to slam my door after I fixed it, but nothing broke. The point is that once that clip comes off, the tech must've slammed the door pretty hard.

Heitzke
09-30-2010, 02:04 PM
I've taken the door off before, but it's the first time that that clip has fallen off. Anyways, I tried to slam my door after I fixed it, but nothing broke. The point is that once that clip comes off, the tech must've slammed the door pretty hard.

The real point is, this is a pretty normal and inconsequential thing to have happened. I've had a few girls close my passenger door hard enough to pop the cable out. Shit happens.

Passenger
09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
The real point is, this is a pretty normal and inconsequential thing to have happened. I've had a few girls close my passenger door hard enough to pop the cable out. Shit happens.

So how much did your lawyer get from them?

Heitzke
09-30-2010, 03:02 PM
So how much did your lawyer get from them?

A cool 100k. Reason being, I went through severe mental anguish because of the fact that the door handle wouldn't open the door and spiraled down into a deep depression. Also, when I bent over to look at the door closer, one of the girls checked out my ass. I was so offended I had to sue her for sexual harassment and the counseling I had to undergo.

My life was forever changed.. the day that the cable popped out of the plastic piece in the door.

sleepy ep3
09-30-2010, 04:03 PM
I used to deliver parts to walmart a long time ago when I worked for Advance Auto Parts. Strange thing is, they would order Haynes repair manuals for some of their repair jobs. Half the time when they called they would not know what kind of car they were working on. Walmart will never touch my car. Bunch of dumbasses, you can imagine the training program that they put their "techs" through. Laughable at best, if it wasn't so sad. I feel that anyone who allows them to work on your car is asking for it. It's like jumping out of a plane. If you hit the ground, you knew the risks before you jumped, so don't bitch