PDA

View Full Version : HOw to install benen tow hook

chizz
08-24-2010, 01:26 PM
o k this should be simple i know , but it seems like the rear tow hook just lays maybe 3 inches off the ground and the bumper wont let t go any higher . any suggestions?

chizz
08-24-2010, 01:55 PM
help a ninja out

chizz
08-24-2010, 02:28 PM
i dont want the hook to get scratched up any help is appreciated

PatrickJamesYu
08-24-2010, 03:40 PM
the application is pretty much as it stands.
like you said, "the bumper wont let it go any higher"
That statement pretty much stands as it is

If the bumper is present, the tow hook wont go any higher
Most people just rock it like that, but you can cut the rear bumper, to allow the tow hook to go higher.

jed_averill
08-24-2010, 04:18 PM
The lower it is, the better lol. Most bumps aren't 3in high anyways. If there are any parts of the earth that go beyond that height, make it your "no-drive zone".

ep3egg
08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
install it in the front.

STP03BlueSI
08-25-2010, 07:21 AM
install it in the front.

I would recommend NOT doing that.

The rear on mine is fine. Sits at a slight angle and I even have a pokeball hanging from it. Now if I had a steap incline for parking then it would do wonders to the ball...but not to the hook. I think I have scrapped it once but that was my own stupidity.

Onasty
08-25-2010, 08:17 AM
i cant believe there is really a thread for this

username011
09-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Not to be a jerk or anything..But why put a tow hook on your car? I had one on my car and was just constantly worried about it getting stolen(super easy to steal)..and when I wasnt worried about it getting stolen I was worried about the bolts loosening up and than having my hook drag on the pavement at however fast I was going at wherever I was(highway?)... SOOO... I took my shiny red Benen tow hook and put it on the wall in my bed room and that is where it looks best. =)

STP03BlueSI
09-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Not to be a jerk or anything..But why put a tow hook on your car? I had one on my car and was just constantly worried about it getting stolen(super easy to steal)..and when I wasnt worried about it getting stolen I was worried about the bolts loosening up and than having my hook drag on the pavement at however fast I was going at wherever I was(highway?)... SOOO... I took my shiny red Benen tow hook and put it on the wall in my bed room and that is where it looks best. =)

I do autox my car. And cover a lot of track events where I can park my car behind the wall and move it when I need to change track points when shooting.

Plus I like to bust peoples shins with the front one.

jed_averill
09-02-2010, 11:24 PM
It's the anti-tailgate weapon for most cars out there. :D haha

Twisted-X
09-03-2010, 01:40 PM

A little dab of lock-tite would ease my mind in this instance.

And if you use the red stuff they're going to need a breaker bar...