PDA

View Full Version : need some help guys "APEXI"

o2seriouSi
12-11-2002, 12:28 AM
ok guys here we go i just received a APEXi V-AFC (vtec,airflow,controller) i just wanted to know if this is worth installin in my ep and another question is how do i install it and is it meant for our car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02blksi
12-11-2002, 07:14 AM
im pretty sure it does NOT work on our i-vtec systems, i could be wrong, in the latest issue of turbo magazine a company called pvt came out with a controller that works, as far as i knew that was the only one right now that works. I COULD BE WRONG! You may want to call Apexi themselves and double check to see if it will work im sure their techs will be glad to help you out. hth-Joe. :)

!@#$%
12-11-2002, 10:59 PM
call apexi. i dont think it works. i hope im wrong

RAcarboy
12-13-2002, 12:57 PM
I'm gonna join the "I don't think this VAFC works with your K20 motor club." Yeah, I don't think this works.

sniperSI
12-13-2002, 01:15 PM
A'PEX introduces the first digital fuel computer that combines fuel computer functions with a VTEC engagement controller. The V-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. The Fuel Adjustment function considers wide/narrow throttle and low/high camshaft settings, from which four different fuel maps are created (wide-low, wide-high, narrow-low, narrow-high). The integrated VTEC Controller adjusts the point at which the engine switches from the Lo to Hi cam during acceleration, as well as when the engine switches from the Hi to Lo cam during deceleration.

Availability: Usually ships the next business day.

Sounds like it is for our car but i could be wrong,.

ssvr6
12-13-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI

Sounds like it is for our car but i could be wrong,.

Wouldn't be the first time. ;)

I kid, I kid.

I'd say nay. Especially since Vtec is different from i-Vtec. (In terms of engagement and such.) At least that's what I was told. I honestly don't know shit about Vtec. I'm an ex-dubber.

:D

Steve

sniperSI
12-13-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6

Wouldn't be the first time. ;)

I kid, I kid.

I'd say nay. Especially since Vtec is different from i-Vtec. (In terms of engagement and such.) At least that's what I was told. I honestly don't know shit about Vtec. I'm an ex-dubber.

:D

Steve

Shaddap! ;)