PDA

View Full Version : Ep got hit!

EpThreeD
08-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I got rear ended by an older woman yesterday. She pushed me 4 cars foward. Knocked off my rear bumper and complety pushed the bar down and in. its an 02' with 60k on it, no mods just got it a few months ago. A few people are thinking insurance will total it, which if they do Ill lose money, owe 6.5k on it. If they dont should I get a different rear bumper? Should I be asking for anything/ my lawyer does not want me contacting them though, i did suffer some injuries so i dont know how far this is gonna go. but I may be without the ep after tomorrow.

Kerby
08-24-2010, 05:16 PM
oh no! I hope everything work out man!

rjmq06
08-24-2010, 05:54 PM
well its like this, if the repairs is cost more than your car it will considered as totalled basically if the frame is damaged that would be a problem,
well it happened to me a month ago i got hit and run from the back and the bar under the bumper went in and the spare tire well bended so bad it looks like a crumbled paper but i think it wasnt cost more than the car but i cant do anything since my insurance is asking me for 1gran to fix it but its ok i wasnt noticable from the outside and doesnt affect my driving at all

MBaG
08-24-2010, 06:43 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but she's at fault, so shouldn't her insurance be paying for it?
at least that's how it was when i got rear ended.

rjmq06
08-24-2010, 07:18 PM
oh yeah i forgot about that its got to be her fault but still if the damages were cost more than your car that would be very bad

EpThreeD
08-25-2010, 05:31 PM
yea she is defiantly at fault and also has the cop who came to the scene reporting that she should not be allowed to drive anymore, i postponed with her insurance today because im going to meet with my lawyer in the morning. this is going to be a long process.

EpThreeD
08-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Ok looking at about 2k in damages, so Im going to go ahead and get a different rear bumper, need an online site that wont take 3 weeks to ship. Any suggestions on bumpers sites?

Windchaser
08-26-2010, 03:04 PM
I have a JDM rear bumper for sale that needs to be painted LOL. Can be shipped out immediately if you cover shipping charges.

EpThreeD
08-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Well the body shop will be ordering the parts, and will have to keep track of it so I can't by off individuals. I wish I could but it will put up red flags, i need it to atleast be a company online. thanks though