PDA

View Full Version : help..fuel pump not working!

donsep3
08-25-2010, 12:48 PM
i replace my fuel pump and relay, still not getting power. what should i do? please help

Project Yellow
08-25-2010, 01:12 PM
oh gosh. This happened to me, I know how frusterating it is - hows your wiring? Is the fuel pump priming at all when you put the key in? Did you check to make sure its plugged in at the top (sorry for stupid questions, but gotta ask!!)

kenscivic
08-26-2010, 04:52 AM
oh gosh. This happened to me, I know how frusterating it is - hows your wiring? Is the fuel pump priming at all when you put the key in? Did you check to make sure its plugged in at the top (sorry for stupid questions, but gotta ask!!)

Def. a good start. Honestly double check the simple stuff about 2 times (fuses, wiring, etc..) After that you can hook a multimeter up to the pump to see if it is defective.. Sometimes new parts are bad it happens unfortunately :-/

Anrasmor
08-26-2010, 05:57 AM
Def. a good start. Honestly double check the simple stuff about 2 times (fuses, wiring, etc..) After that you can hook a multimeter up to the pump to see if it is defective.. Sometimes new parts are bad it happens unfortunately :-/

Excellent advice. You'd be surprised how often it's the stupid little things.

donsep3
08-26-2010, 12:38 PM
noting happens when i turn the key. i took the pump out and check it. the pump works also i check the relay and its clinking. it have to be a bad wire somewhere.
THIS SUCKS!!!

kenscivic
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
noting happens when i turn the key. i took the pump out and check it. the pump works also i check the relay and its clinking. it have to be a bad wire somewhere.
THIS SUCKS!!!

theres not that many wires going to the pump are there? check them with a voltmeter or ohmmeter or whatever. It should not be tooo awfully hard to find the culprit