PDA

View Full Version : ballin on a budget- cost effective performance

tlikethedrink
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Ive just seriously started to consider major performance mods.

all goes back to supercharger vs turbo vs nitrous vs $

So far i only have an AEM V2, BBP 2.5 catback. There are upgrades that would NEED to be done to support all 3 of the options... motor mounts, clutch, and maybe some kind of fuel management.

i figure it this way:

supercharger- i can keep going with all my bolt ons and hopefully come across a used kit. cons if any would be limited power. which isnt my major concern. i would be more than happy with 200-220whp. pros would be instant power and reliability(so i hear)

turbo- custom would be my best bet im thinking. piece together good parts from ebay and hope for the best. upgradeable and without a doubt effective. could be the cheapest way with good results. im worried about heat and lag. i think this would be the most budget friendly as i could order parts at my own pace. anyone want to help build a parts list? lol

nitrous- kaboom! isnt that what everyones worried about? and i dont want to have to open up the bottle just to get frisky when im trying to hit the freeway. i understand it can be made just as safe as anyother mod. wet kit, window switch, bottle heater, purge kit, gauges and moderation. a shot under 75 SHOULDNT require fuel management. or so some say, others say its manditory. with fuel manage being about the most expensive single piece in any build. KRPO cost 1,000 bucks plus tune. when your budget is that high- why not have power at all times with boost?

i guess what im getting at here is what do you think? swap isnt what im wanting to hear. i know that it would be the most reliable of all. but i cant spare my car for the down time. and i really dont want to do anything that drastic.

for my hp goals are reasonable. my budget can vary by month, but saving is possible. driveability and reliability is my biggest concern.

sorry if this is a little sloppy, im not english major i know.

username011
08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
if you want reliability and good performance get the supercharger.

If you want a high performance and fast ep..go turbo.. I voted turbo because I know id get bored with the weak supercharger.

REBUILT CIVIC
08-26-2010, 09:19 PM
nitrous....... relly :nono:

RHCP0801
08-26-2010, 09:21 PM
maybe some kind of engine management? your gonna need kpro no matter what if you want to see 200+

Ronnie
08-26-2010, 09:38 PM
kpro first dude
and I voted supercharge b/c soon I will get one too :D , plus u will never regret going supercharge
so like u said ~ 200 whp is all u looking for

speedking604
08-26-2010, 09:47 PM
bolt on, supercharged, swap, suspension work,

jed_averill
08-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Bolt ons + Kpro. Then ask yourself this question again.

Onasty
08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
kpro + vtec killer setup