PDA

View Full Version : ep3 alarm and security

gamma6
08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
i first off wanna say that i am sorry for the long post and all the questions. I bought my car a yr ago and it possibly came with an aftermarket alarm system, i think, it has a horn thing in the engine bay and the thing is that it beeps twice to lock it. For example: i press it once and it beeps then i press and hold it again and it beeps one more time, the beeps are distinctively different. So does this mean i have an aftermarket alarm? Using the stock keychain thingy. Well i never was really worried about my cars security until this afternoon. last week they broke into my girls rsx type s gas tank they forcefully opened her gas tank door and we found it open in the morning, fuel levels were cool and car is fine. I was like ok cool just dont leave anything in my car. so today they stole my frat bro's turboed miata in broad daylight!!! Thing is he didnt have an alarm, yes i know first mistake on his part, but i mean the street gets a bit of traffic and its a common area for people to walk their dogs or go out for a run. I think i may have forgotten to mention that both of these incidents happened outside of my condo!!!.. So now im freaking out with my cars security. With these two incidents i dont wanna risk it. So i was thinking adding in a killswitch for my car in addition to what i have, but the thing is i know nothing about them... so can someone refer a good one to me or something? Also i was thinking about getting a removable steering wheel, but i dont know if that will help any... i know things happen but these two incidents make me worry... so what else can i add to my ep3 for additional security??? thanks in advance... im gonna go drink a cold one to calm me down a bit :)

T_Virus
08-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Did this happen in Sacramento? If so which area? (Don't give out the street name)...

But either way, if they want it, they'll get it somehow.

DgrzEp3
08-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah man. I have the Viper 5901 system and it doesnt stop anybody from stealing anything, but it is a 2-way alarm system so if youre far away it has a one mile range of two way activity. Pretty much to let you know if someone is in your car, which door they came in, etc.

someone recently got into my car for an ipod i had in my cupholder. my friends and i were at a concert, and my 2-way alarm remote was going off. we bolted off running to the car and grabbed a brick. and we saw the guy there. he dropped the ipod and took offf running.

so the viper alarm saved the day..and it of course has a built in killswitch when sirened.

Idk if there is the DIY thread for a killswitch anymore, but i would assume its fairly simply. just cut the correct ignition wire and wire it to a toggle switch.

sorry about the break-ins..

people have no respect.

gamma6
08-27-2010, 03:22 PM
yeah it was here in sac... and if i did move in the rosemont area im afraid im really close to where u live just on the other side of the hwy 50 :( Also just to give it a bit more spice, me and my buddy had the same rims, xxr 002's except he didnt have the center caps and i did, we to top things off last night someone stole my center caps and scratched one of my rims... horrible just horrible :( so im gonna go to a shop and see what kind of security sytem i have and to see if i have a killswitch... i just dont know what to do, and certainly i dont wanna keep my hand in my pockets and let them take what they want

T_Virus
08-31-2010, 12:57 PM
The other side north of hwy 50 is really badd....especially by folsom. I get paranoid and always tend to check my EP now. I had my 1994 2 door stock gsr stolen in down town sac.

gamma6
08-31-2010, 08:17 PM
yeah i know of three ppl that have had shit stolen from or their vehicle taken in this past week, all on the same block...damn thieves... but its on sac state area of 50 not the city of folsom (if thats what u mean)

gamma6
09-22-2010, 10:55 PM
found a guy on craigslist that makes killswitches... should i go for it? or is it too sketchy? I dont have the electronic capabilities to bs my way around this... don't want to f-up my car cuz of my poor wiring skills