PDA

View Full Version : Previous Evolution owner, should I get an EP?

lawlz_xD
08-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Hi guys, I am a previous owner of a Lancer Evolution VIII. Was running about 290HP. It was a great car, very quick and nice but the mods were just too limited to me in terms of physical appearance.

I understand the EG/EK/EP series are very well known for their massive flexibility in mods, both under the hood and outside the car but to what extent?

I would want a car that at least runs as fast as my old Evo, faster if possible within the budget that I have from selling my VIII but still clean enough to impress the ladies. Current budget is around 10k-12.5k, including purchasing the car itself.

Your opinions?

0h5ive_EP3
08-27-2010, 02:52 PM
you wont be getting an ep faster than an evo for 12k (unless you get a ep3 for about 6-7k and throw a turbo on)... the EP is the redheaded step child of the civic family, there's nearly as much aftermarket as the ek/eg body styles, but they're less prone to being broken into and stolen.

lawlz_xD
08-27-2010, 02:54 PM
I've been looking around for used EP3's and I have been able to find a couple clean title EP3s that look VERY promising for around 6-7k. Although I do not know much about EPs, that is what I have come up with from my research...

jed_averill
08-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Get the EP man lol.

Good MPG and if some dumbass [most cars] tries to pass you like a jerk, most of the time a downshift solves the problem.

EP3Casas
08-27-2010, 06:02 PM
dont be a fool.

keep your evo. they look tits lowered with no wing and a decent set of rims.

Passenger
08-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Get the EP man lol.

Good MPG and if some dumbass [most cars] tries to pass you like a jerk, most of the time a downshift solves the problem.

I used to get butthurt so much back in highschool, now I just act like I'm get a jump on 'em and then just upshift and hit cruise control.
The EP is a very cool little commuter, and if you have the money and know how you can turn it into an ego killer. Just depends on what you wanna do with it but IMO its an underestimated car in pretty much every way imaginable.

Tnhatch03
08-27-2010, 06:23 PM
you can get the EP to beat a stock EVO. more work will be required to do so.

i want an EVO!!! trade?

;-)

kprocivic
08-27-2010, 08:09 PM
my vote keep the evo. but anyway welcome to the hatch good luck.

and you shouldnt have to much trouble finding a boosted hatch in that price range.

MBaG
08-27-2010, 08:31 PM
going from an evo to a civic? i think that's a major downgrade. but i still love my little hatch. :]
i would say i wouldn't trade my car for an evo, but i would trade it in a heartbeat.

username011
08-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Check out Guardians car..

Passenger
08-27-2010, 09:25 PM
oh, I thought he meant "previous evo owner" as in.. "I've already sold it"
If thats not the case, keep the evo if you can/still want it.

sp00n sp0rts
08-27-2010, 11:14 PM
for me i would jus keep the car evo but on the other hand get a ep3 since they are pretty rare on the streets you might see some but only a smal hand full.. you could try modifiedcartrader.com or craigslist.. good luck bro!

sp00n sp0rts
08-27-2010, 11:18 PM
for me i would jus keep the car evo but on the other hand get a ep3 since they are pretty rare on the streets you might see some but only a smal hand full.. you could try modifiedcartrader.com or craigslist.. good luck bro!

Tnhatch03
08-28-2010, 09:05 AM
yeah.

he already sold the evo. but i thought i would play along as if he had not.

wanna buy my 240sx?

Passenger
08-28-2010, 03:06 PM
yeah.

he already sold the evo. but i thought i would play along as if he had not.

wanna buy my 240sx?

YEAH DONT GET IT KEEP THE EVO! :tehe:

Draw7Seven
08-28-2010, 04:46 PM
If I could do it all over again with 12,000 I'd probably do an N/A K20 EK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ-VGRAacf8

Yes, that's an EG. But I'd give up a bit of speed for the sake of EK looks, those things just make me hungry.

kprocivic
08-28-2010, 04:49 PM
nasty little car. it's funny though you never see these races from a dig, then people get the wrong ideas.

Draw7Seven
08-28-2010, 05:12 PM
nasty little car. it's funny though you never see these races from a dig, then people get the wrong ideas.

Haha yeah I feel like if you're modding cars you need to know whether the one you're considering is fail wheel drive or not. If the guy is already shopping for a Honda, he's hopefully come to the realization that he'll never leave a stoplight in a hurry ever again.