PDA

View Full Version : car jumpy and choppy from 1 to 2k help~

Ep3 ked
08-27-2010, 02:51 PM
I have a CEL that flashes and then stays on I had the code pulled and it showed up the MAP and the air temp sencor. My car is choppy and hesitating at 1 to 2 k . I replaced the MAP sencor today thinking it would solve the choppyness but it didnt. It also seems like my car wants to die sometimes at idle. My car also has a rev lemit set to 4K when I used to be able to redline it. The ECU is stock to my knowledge I dont see any usb ports on it and it doesnt look like its been tampered with.. Please any input would help!! THANKS!

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-27-2010, 03:58 PM
funny same thing happened to me today going to work. something told me to unplug the map sensor once i got the car to crank and i did, unpluged it and it shut off. pluged it back up started it and drove to work and home fine

Ep3 ked
08-28-2010, 12:35 PM
BumP. This problem got real bad on my way home from work lastnight.. From 1 to about 3 K my car sounds like a WRX or a STI and I have zero power.When I finally get it up to about 3 K it sounds like a honda again and I get power. My CEL blinks when the car is sputtering from 1 to 3 K then just stays on when its back to normal. My guess is that a coil pack went bad or a fuel injector is bad. Im also geting a funky burn type smell from the exhaust. Is my ep only runing on 3 cylenders or somthing??? PLEASE HELP.. thanks

Ep3 ked
08-28-2010, 01:57 PM
:frusty:**update** Just took my friend from work on a drive. He said that it might be the cat. I have a hight flow cat in right now and it sounds like theres a lot of back pressure. The car feels like its working real hard to get past 3K and feel throty and powerless. Also geting a burning type smell from exhaust...

msully93
08-28-2010, 07:00 PM
your car sounds like its in limp mode! check the tps and map sensors

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-29-2010, 09:34 AM
:frusty:**update** Just took my friend from work on a drive. He said that it might be the cat. I have a hight flow cat in right now and it sounds like theres a lot of back pressure. The car feels like its working real hard to get past 3K and feel throty and powerless. Also geting a burning type smell from exhaust...

no offense, but if your friend doesnt own an ep3, he shouldnt advise you on a dumb assumption. high flow cat, no cat, straight pipe. does not create lots of back pressure. hence the name high flow. the burn smell you're getting if from when the motor is sputtering. check your map, tps, also your spark plugs.

Calvinep3
08-29-2010, 10:19 AM
when was the last time u did a tune up on your ep?

jerseyjew
08-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Do the obvious thing first, CHECK YOUR OIL level. The car being in limp mode is usually from low oil or low oil pressure.

SmoothEPs
08-31-2010, 11:13 AM
It may be a long shot but check your throttle body for gunk and I think its called an idling sensor.. thats located in the throttle body

chiwhitesi
08-31-2010, 12:21 PM
You a misfiring, i had a similar issue, mine was resolved by changing the primary 02 sensor. Get that code pulled and post that shit here

MugenReplica
08-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I helped a friend with something similar, but it ended up being his TPS. A Blox replacement TPS is only $80 and is easy to install (sell it if it doesn't work). I'm not positive that's what it is, but there is a possibility.