PDA

View Full Version : So... What do you do to keep you EP LOVE going???

SUSHI_NE1
08-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Now I'm not just talking about buying a new part or painting her every year. I'm talking about what you do on a daily basis to keep your love for the EP going and not just turn around and sell her for something faster or nicer?... OK... I'll go first.

I was about to sell my EP last week, when I decided I still had feelings for her and backed out of a sale.... CLOSE CALL!... LOL

Today I said to myself... 'What has changed that you no longer feel the way you do about your car?'... (besides the fact the engine is being a bitch right now and she isn't running right)... THEN IT HIT ME!... People used to tell me : "Brad, your engine bay is so freaking nice!... how do you keep her so clean???".... So i popped the hood and saw one of the problems... I went to Autozone, bought a can of foam engine degreaser and cleaner.... busterd out the hose and air compressor.... BAM!.... LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN!... HERE ARE MY RESULTS!

BEFORE PICS:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/78a598d1.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/18cc50a1.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/6e1dc5b0.jpg

AFTER PICS:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/353250b9.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/b6f60df2.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/305c0cd4.jpg

loveeeeeeee!!!!!!!

ep3egg
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
good job sushi, your car loves you more.

jed_averill
08-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Mine is clean too :D but I didn't do that lol

Tougeep3
08-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Yep thats it. I try and wash it once a week and spend about 6 hours a month detailing it. I guess it's hard to think of it as old when it always looks showroom shiny..

ShadowEP3
08-29-2010, 05:22 PM
the love is gone

SUSHI_NE1
08-29-2010, 05:26 PM
yep thats it. I try and wash it once a week and spend about 6 hours a month detailing it. I guess it's hard to think of it as old when it always looks showroom shiny..

that's what i'm planning on doing for now on!!!! :-)

SUSHI_NE1
08-29-2010, 05:29 PM
the love is gone

sounds like someone needs to wash their car.... Speaking of washing the car... I'm a go outside right now and do just that!... :-)

sending more love to my ep <3

username011
08-29-2010, 06:18 PM
i dont really do anything..ive had this car since high school and since day one i havent gotten bored with it.. i still get out of my car at least a few times a week with a huge grin on my face because of how much fun it is to drive..and ive driven all types of cars and had other cars.. my previous was a 98 SS Camaro and I like the EP way more. I got super bored with my Camaro within a year.

makavelibranded
08-29-2010, 06:46 PM
After my 1st year I started losing interest, and thought of selling it for a few months. Got over it, Guns became a new hobbie. I came across a Rev Hard turbo kit for 1500, and resparked my love for the car. Year 3 Bought random parts didint really have much of a direction going just random things I wanted and felt something missing just couldint figure it out. Year 4 came my 1st event. I raced at a local autocross and now the car actually serves a purpose,.. Ive bought lots of stuff since but theres a few things left like coilovers, 2nd set of wheels and slicks, camber kit, harness, and upping the boost to make 300hp.

sleepy ep3
08-29-2010, 06:55 PM
I love my Silvia and I would not sell her for anything. (except a 458 italia) SSM for life. I have wrecked and rebuilt my car twice, beat mustangs, camaros, corvettes, etc, went though n/a to turbo to swapped turbo. I have a history with this car now, and I love that silver bitch for some reason. You ever just go stare at your car for no reason at all?

MBaG
08-29-2010, 07:03 PM
the love is gone

the fact that i can't afford an evo keeps me with my ep.

Ronnie
08-29-2010, 07:07 PM

What I was about to say... LOL
-
I love cars generally, so no matter if its my GF's car or my neighbors => I always keep the car clean

jed_averill
08-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Detailed car wash, oil changes and other fluid to the top are things I do. Then I save money to give it better parts =]

Jukka
08-29-2010, 08:42 PM
I love doing little mods here and there. Changing things up with the car. Anytime I get something finished on the car, i get such a good feeling and it makes me love my car more and more. Next mod im going to be doing is adding LED's in the trunk for extra light. And I usually work on my car once every two days. Ususally its just checking something out or replacing parts, or doing something little like that.

ShadowEP3
08-29-2010, 08:46 PM

im saving to get a new car that ill love more :mangel:

I always keep the car clean

Martin likes this

anywho..i love to detail cars..not just the EP
ill spend ~3 days detailing em

codyep3
08-30-2010, 12:06 AM
how did you manage to make your engine bay so dirty?

jed_averill
08-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Prolly from rally racing.

Sucka
08-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Brad to be honest with you after all these years you known me and i known you. The only reason why i haven't sold my ep yet is cause of ephatch! I have meet alot of great people on here such as yourself. If it wasn't for you guys i wouldn't have known what to do or how to work on my ep. The EP Community has been really nice to me. I've gotten alot of free stuff at car meets that i have got to in the past. (For Example: I gotten 2 free AEM COLD AIR INTAKE / Free Food / Cheap parts / Ephatch members invite me over to there house / No charge on Labor when they work on my car / etc....)

I guess what im trying to say in short words is... " It's the small things that makes you change feelings for things "

Oh Yeah By the way Brad, Phil is still around. I see him alot.

jedimario
08-30-2010, 04:41 AM
No way I'm getting rid of this...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/WoodElfArcher20/Civic/IMG_0974_small.jpg

Paul 631
09-04-2010, 05:48 PM
hmm lets see...
Is it fast, no; does it have great handling, no; but its a great sporty little car.

It's safe, solid, engine has enough power using regular as well as reliable & ultra smooth, timing chain, long service intervals are great for the 37k miles a year I put on it. Fairly small exterior which is great for city use, but has the hatch & fold down seats, insurance is cheap.

Ergonomics & switchgear are top-notch, handling is very nice & progressive (with the hfp pack), great traction coming off corners, back end is very secure, deceptively quick at autox. Only thing unacceptable was the braking performance, HP+ pads & new rotors cured that issue.

I love it...

trippy
09-04-2010, 06:19 PM
smoke out and choke out <3 in the mini van =) cant stop loving it till it breaks down =)

SUSHI_NE1
09-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I love my Silvia and I would not sell her for anything. (except a 458 italia) SSM for life. I have wrecked and rebuilt my car twice, beat mustangs, camaros, corvettes, etc, went though n/a to turbo to swapped turbo. I have a history with this car now, and I love that silver bitch for some reason. You ever just go stare at your car for no reason at all?

I ACTUALLY DO... lol

SUSHI_NE1
09-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Brad to be honest with you after all these years you known me and i known you. The only reason why i haven't sold my ep yet is cause of ephatch! I have meet alot of great people on here such as yourself. If it wasn't for you guys i wouldn't have known what to do or how to work on my ep. The EP Community has been really nice to me. I've gotten alot of free stuff at car meets that i have got to in the past. (For Example: I gotten 2 free AEM COLD AIR INTAKE / Free Food / Cheap parts / Ephatch members invite me over to there house / No charge on Labor when they work on my car / etc....)

I guess what im trying to say in short words is... " It's the small things that makes you change feelings for things "

Oh Yeah By the way Brad, Phil is still around. I see him alot.

Yeah... that's true... I have met a lot of really cool people through EPhatch... And its funny. I have driven around some places and guys who drive totally stock EPs ask me... "Hey... Nice car... Where do you get your parts... I'm on Honda-Tech, but they don't really have anything for the EP"... Then I rdcomend them to EPhatch and they are like... GREAT!... :-)

It's great knowing you to BTW... :-)

jed_averill
09-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I do look at it every morning just to make sure it's still parked in the same place and not stolen. My friend has a master key -.-

Sucka
09-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah... that's true... I have met a lot of really cool people through EPhatch... And its funny. I have driven around some places and guys who drive totally stock EPs ask me... "Hey... Nice car... Where do you get your parts... I'm on Honda-Tech, but they don't really have anything for the EP"... Then I rdcomend them to EPhatch and they are like... GREAT!... :-)

It's great knowing you to BTW... :-)

hahhaa yeah ephatch is very helpful compared to other car forums.

RickEP3
09-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I remember all the money I'm saving with no more car payment, although that goes to my fixer-upper home. It's nice, practical and economical...and its fun enough for a DD. Even if I owned a higher end car, I'm not the kind of person who takes risks on public roads anyways. But bottom line, it allows me to live with in my means and keep my priorities straight (house>car) with a smile on my face.

LLH
09-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Drive diffrent cars from time to time, just to understand that i aint going to find a replacement that is so much fun to drive in the same price range. Hothatch of the year 3 years(?) in a row FTW :D

And taking it all out in 2nd and 3rd gear :P

nolimit59
09-05-2010, 04:24 AM
dropped a k24a2 in mine and love it even more. Besides that, im in love with the interior on these things, like some that stare at the outside, i like to sit inside mine and stare... Then i grab a microfiber and start wiping her and feeling on her.

DRP967
09-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Its a love/hate relationship with my EP, but when it comes down to the wire i love her.

codyep3
09-05-2010, 09:11 AM
^^this

some days i just want to sell her, but then i realize all the things that make this car a perfect DD.

03NorVa
09-05-2010, 10:18 AM
cause its so fun to drive :vtec: and im looking forward to mods

tlikethedrink
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
i think the trick is to do everything yourself on it. wash it yourself, change your oil, mod it yourself, and make it your own...
i cant really say too much. i just got my ep3. but i run through cars withing 1-2 years. Car ADD i call it. 3 eclipses (1st,2nd and 3rd gen) all modded... it just comes down to how involved you are with it..