PDA

View Full Version : Should I Replace my Vehicle Speed Sensor(VSS)??

ep3_si
09-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Okay I'v searched and searched and here's what I found out that matches my situation...
1. Speedometer needle don't work or move(sitting at zero) -Yeah
2. The little screen that records how much miles you have travel don't work - Yeah
3. No Cruise Control - Yeah
3. Check Engine Light is on with the code that says "Vehicle Speed Sensor" - Yeah

But here's what is weird/couldn't find info on...
1. My EPS turns on and off when it wants to.
2. My battery light is on and stays on.

So...can a bad Vehicle Speed Sensor really be using that much power to generate? Or could this be some kind of short circuit issue? I really want to take it to a shop and have it checked out but what if I'm just wasting money and get the same answer. Should I just go ahead and purchase a VSS? btw I have already replace the alternator when this happen since I already have 170Kmiles on my ep, battery is 8 months old Interstate battery(Green top), already checked fuses under the hood and under driver side steering wheel. Any ideas or help would be great.

ep3_si
09-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Car never stalled since this happen starts right up everytime. Been driving it for 4 days now. Switch batteries with my brother's 99 civic still have same issue. Haven't driven at night yet so I can't say anything about gauge lights dimming but I just did turn on headlights and drive around this morning and still seems to be bright as normal. No interior light dimming/windows work normal/radio CD also.