PDA

View Full Version : type r h steering wheel emb. p#

atlep3
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
does anyone know the part number for the red h on the type r steering wheel??

Jukka
09-02-2010, 06:56 PM
corsports usa...they sell vynal's that attach to the factory wheel that make it look like a type-r wheel. They don't sell the badge seperatly. Plus they are like $6 and if you mention your from EPhatch, you get 4 of them so you don't have to worry about messing up.

PatrickJamesYu
09-02-2010, 08:02 PM
corsports usa...they sell vynal's that attach to the factory wheel that make it look like a type-r wheel. They don't sell the badge seperatly. Plus they are like $6 and if you mention your from EPhatch, you get 4 of them so you don't have to worry about messing up.

I said I was from ephatch
I only got 2 :(

username011
09-02-2010, 08:13 PM
The only way you're going to get a type-r red emblem..you'll have to get a type-r airbag.

Passenger
09-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Stoop used to sell them, I have his work # if you'd like it. He'll hook you up with a great price if he still has 'em. I got my CTR Taillights from him for half the price the vendors ask here.

usedep3
09-02-2010, 08:46 PM
JUST FYI: the authentic CTR/ITR airbag doesn't work on our USDM EP's. It will bolt up fine, but the wiring is another issue. The CTR/ITR airbag is a single stage air bag whereas the USDM counterpart is dual-stage. if you look on the back of our airbag it has 2 connections. the CTR/ITR has 1 connection on the back

the vinyl H that corsport sell is the smart alternative.

atlep3
09-03-2010, 07:12 AM
dang.... thanks for the info

Kerby
09-03-2010, 07:52 AM
If your interested my CTR wheel is going up for sale when I get the Mugen one... Wont be for acouple months though. Maybe x-mas.

mp_02si
09-03-2010, 08:14 AM
JUST FYI: the authentic CTR/ITR airbag doesn't work on our USDM EP's. It will bolt up fine, but the wiring is another issue. The CTR/ITR airbag is a single stage air bag whereas the USDM counterpart is dual-stage. if you look on the back of our airbag it has 2 connections. the CTR/ITR has 1 connection on the back

Not trying to threadjack but are all the usdm ep's from 02-05 dual stage airbags? Im wanting a later model s2k steering wheel and it is a dual stage airbag in it. I guess I can take my airbag off and find out but just wanted to see if anyone knew before i go thru that.

usedep3
09-03-2010, 10:47 AM
yup all USDM EP/DC5 airbags are dual stage. I might be wrong but i believe the s2k airbag is dual atage as well. I believe the steering wheel and air bag just bolt right up

mp_02si
09-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Yes the later model s2k airbags are dual stage but the earlier ones are only single. Im checking out the s2k cr steering wheel to match my cr shift knob...... very expensive though. Thanks for the info :)

stealth
09-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Hey hey :) Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that you can put your us detonator into the back of the jdm airbag and viola you have a complete functional jdm steering wheel/airbag in your ep. Super easy. Flip airbags (us and jdm), undo three bolts (on both), swap detonators. There you go. If you blow your airbag though it is not my fault, never heard of it happening but I'm sure it is possible.

DecalDude
10-03-2010, 02:19 PM
i am making a full replacement JDM steering wheel emblem for the 09+ fit/06+ civic, if i can get someone to give me measurements of the ep3 steering wheel emblem i may be able to get one into production for you guys