PDA

View Full Version : Terrible noiseee!!!!!! Dont know what it is??

msully93
09-02-2010, 04:50 PM
i dont know what my car is doing? i just replaced both of my front drive axles and thought that was the problem, but its not. my problem is a horrendous clicking/knocking/tearing noise when i turn right and when i stomp on it in first or second gear? my mechanics said it was my drive axles, so i replaced those and its deffinately not my problem. i also have a SUPER loud pounding noise when i hit a bump on a turn (mainly) and sometimes when i go straight? and the loud pounding noise gets even louder when i gas it?

IF ANYBODY HAS ANYCLUE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT, OR HAS EVER RAN INTO EITHER OF THESE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR EP, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING OF HOW TO FIX ANY OF MY PROBLEMS!

Anrasmor
09-02-2010, 06:59 PM
i dont know what my car is doing? i just replaced both of my front drive axles and thought that was the problem, but its not. my problem is a horrendous clicking/knocking/tearing noise when i turn right and when i stomp on it in first or second gear? my mechanics said it was my drive axles, so i replaced those and its deffinately not my problem. i also have a SUPER loud pounding noise when i hit a bump on a turn (mainly) and sometimes when i go straight? and the loud pounding noise gets even louder when i gas it?

IF ANYBODY HAS ANYCLUE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT, OR HAS EVER RAN INTO EITHER OF THESE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR EP, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING OF HOW TO FIX ANY OF MY PROBLEMS!

Sounds like wheel bearing to me. If the noise changes depending on when weight is applied to that particular wheel bearing it'll make noise. So when you make a left hand turn the right wheel bearing will make noise. Vice versa for the left wheel bearing.

hondaguy92129
09-02-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm almost 100% sure it's a wheel bearing, the exact same thing happened to me on my old mercedes.

msully93
09-02-2010, 08:55 PM
okay, thanks alot guys for the help! but one last question, also when i turn right and gas it, and usually when i dont gas it either, i feel it in my gas pedal clicking really bad? could that still be a wheel bearing issue? id say yeah since it being a front wheel drive car, it would have everything to do with my problem, but just wannna know what you guys/girls this?

whatisthis
09-02-2010, 10:06 PM
professional advice starts................now. never in my career have i heard a wheel bearing click or pop. in this case i would look at 2 different things. first i'd look at lower control arm bushings, specifically the forward ones (the large ones) in your front control arms. second is the front motor mount. it sounds to me like it might be a combo of the 2. it's possible, i've experienced in my own ep.

ep_hatcher_510
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
my vote goes to control arm bushings and motor mounts.

Anrasmor
09-03-2010, 03:50 AM
I had a bad wheel bearing on my S13. Every time you transferred weight, say a small flick of the steering wheel one way or the other, you'd hear a pop. If you did a full on turn to the left you'd hear the full scream of the bearing.

msully93
09-03-2010, 07:55 PM
its not soo much of a screech, but more of a long clicking/tapping noise, like a slight knock, but ill look into that for my problem with the LOUD slam

EPo3Hatch
09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
It is possible that it is your axels..I had the same problem with my crx. It would knock harder as I accellerated and vibrate as well. I changed out my front axels and it did the same thing but once i replaced my wheel bearings it stopped so thats a possiblity if they are the same issues. I was told it could've been the motor mounts at the same but in my case it wasn't.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
09-04-2010, 08:37 AM
My car does the same thing and i know it is the front LCA bushings. You can feel the vibrations when you shift hard or are on the gas. Also the front of the car feels really loose. Jack up the front of the car check out if you have any tears in your front LCA bushings.

msully93
09-06-2010, 03:37 PM
thanks alot! im gonna look into those options this week. i replaced both my drive axles and that did absolutely nothing.

bildo
09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I currently have the same noise, last time it was the rear subframe. This time around when i tried to tighten it, it didn't work. Let me know what you find.

LewZor
09-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Same noise here. Having wheel bearings replaced this weekend. 103K miles...it took 267K for a rear to go on the CRX. They are just making them cheaper and cheaper every year...haha.

cody_sir
09-16-2010, 08:31 PM
im thinking CV joint

K20wagon
09-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Ya dont think thats a wheel bearing cause they dont necessarily click, they make a kind of whomming sound or whatever kinda hard to explain the sound. Plus a bad wheel bearing can also make the car vibrate like crazy at some times like its going to fall apart. I am kinda suspecting the ball joint or lca bushings.