PDA

View Full Version : not sure about what should i buy

sean069
09-03-2010, 06:41 AM
apexi N1 or hks hi power? what do you guys think?

jed_averill
09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
My car came with the bronze universal N1 metal muffler and it's fucking loud when you rev. Sometimes I think it sounds ricey but a lot of my friends said it's deep sounding. I love the sound when you let off the throttle though =]

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I have always loved the HKS Hi-Power because of the angled exhaust tip it also sounds hella good too.

T_Virus
09-03-2010, 12:35 PM
There is really no difference in both but like Mighty_Mouse_EP said, the HKS sits at an angle... Which is why I went with the HKS.

REBUILT CIVIC
09-03-2010, 04:22 PM
apexi all the way. hks Hi power is to loud

btw did u buy that black type R?

T_Virus
09-04-2010, 11:00 PM
apexi all the way. hks Hi power is to loud

btw did u buy that black type R?

:mrolleyes: actually, it depends if your going either WS2 or N1 as the N1 is just as loud and probably a little bit louder than the HKS.

REBUILT CIVIC
09-05-2010, 11:19 AM
:mrolleyes: actually, it depends if your going either WS2 or N1 as the N1 is just as loud and probably a little bit louder than the HKS.

when the hks gets hot, like if ur driving in the highway in hot weather, it will get much louder. as for the n1 yeah u can say its as loud but i wouldent say louder then the hks. the ws2 was the one i was talking about in my first post.

lbk02si
09-05-2010, 12:08 PM
There is really no difference in both but like Mighty_Mouse_EP said, the HKS sits at an angle... Which is why I went with the HKS.

You do realize you can get the hks in a straight exit too right?

jed_averill
09-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I still think apex is louder.

sleepy ep3
09-05-2010, 12:35 PM
I have a used Apexi N1 cat back system for $300 SHIPPED. Great shape. PM me if interested. List is $510 on this exhaust. Save yourself $200

T_Virus
09-06-2010, 09:49 PM
when the hks gets hot, like if ur driving in the highway in hot weather, it will get much louder. as for the n1 yeah u can say its as loud but i wouldent say louder then the hks. the ws2 was the one i was talking about in my first post.

HKS gets hot and becomes louder? Really? I have it and I really think there isn't too much of a difference except the upper rpms for the N1.

I had a buddy who had similar mods and a APEX N1 and his N1 was slightly louder on the upper rpms than my HKS but sounded similar on the lower to mid rpms. Either way, either Apex N1 or HKS is fine. Just keep it on the download when passing by cops.

On the other hand, the Skunk2 is a lot louder either way.

You do realize you can get the hks in a straight exit too right?

Yes, I know but who would want to do that? That's why the HKS Hi-Power for our EP3 is unique like that.

I still think apex is louder.

I agree if it is the N1 series.

EPo3Hatch
09-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I have an Apexi WS2 and love it! Its not loud at all and has a smooth sound. I think these look best on our cars.