PDA

View Full Version : Help me! Something broke... i think hah

Garrett
09-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Sooo i have a 04 ep, s tech springs and a ws2 catback. Today i noticed that when i pulled out(reverse only) of anywhere and turned the wheel all the way i.e. backing out of driveways.. My cars back right wheel area is screachy and kinda whiny.. it sounds really wierd.. one of my friends said i might have blown my strut? Any ideas on what could be wrongggg???

msully93
09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
well to start you off, the rear are shocks! not STRUTS

EPo3Hatch
09-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Take the wheel off and spin the hub and see if it makes a sound? Does it do it the whole time you're driving..high speeds..low speeds..? And you would know if you blew a strut it would be noticably bouncy or shake..nice exhaust btw

Garrett
09-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Sorry shocks haha, and thanks i love my exhaust, i dont really have time to do any of this bceause im going to go to the beach tomorrow but i will have to check it out when i get back, one of my buddies also said he had this problem, changed his rear brakes and it was gone.. Maybe brakes?

Garrett
09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Oh and to answer your question it was a little bouncier today, but like ont too noticable, and that was going about 60ish

EPo3Hatch
09-03-2010, 08:49 PM
possibly your brake pad or maybe gravel caught between the pad and the e disc....ppl say its not possible but it happened to me.

whatisthis
09-03-2010, 08:50 PM

really? how do you know this?

Garrett
09-04-2010, 04:22 AM
possibly your brake pad or maybe gravel caught between the pad and the e disc....ppl say its not possible but it happened to me.

What all did it sound like? Was it kinda like a high squeel/ screech

oldschoolimport
09-04-2010, 05:13 AM
most likely its a squealer tab or the dust shield. just grab the jack real quick, lift that corner, and spin it with the wheel still on. if you hear the sound, you will be able to find it fairly quickly.

really? how do you know this?

A strut combines the primary function of a shock absorber with the ability to support sideways loads not along its axis of compression. that definition applies to the front, not the back. therefore, the front is a strut, while the back is only a shock (damper).

Anrasmor
09-04-2010, 05:38 AM
most likely its a squealer tab or the dust shield. just grab the jack real quick, lift that corner, and spin it with the wheel still on. if you hear the sound, you will be able to find it fairly quickly.

This.

whatisthis
09-04-2010, 11:45 AM
A strut combines the primary function of a shock absorber with the ability to support sideways loads not along its axis of compression. that definition applies to the front, not the back. therefore, the front is a strut, while the back is only a shock (damper).
i understand this better than i care to explain. i was intentionally being a smart ass.

oldschoolimport
09-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Catching internet humor is difficult at best...

Garrett
09-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Just found out whats wrong, just the brake indicator.. all i need is new brakes :)

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
09-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Hawk HPS pads brembo blanks with ss lines

BeaterEP
09-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Hawk HPS pads no-name blanks with ss lines
ftfy. :mbiggrin:

whatisthis
09-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Catching internet humor is difficult at best...

i know. i wish it were easier. my dad is director of sales for north america for one of the worlds largest suspension part manufacturers. trust me, i've spent my life learning the difference. he just struck me as having a snippy attitude, so i attempted to lay the sarcasm on a little thick. i hate interwebz smartassery.

whatisthis
09-06-2010, 09:14 PM
ftfy. :mbiggrin:
my brembo blanks up front were $20 each. can't really beat that for the quality. just sayin'.