PDA

View Full Version : Question about ShowStoppers Mugen Rep Spoiler

Jukka
09-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I bought one BNIB from a guy not too far from here, and I'm kinda curious about what these are for/where they go

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff213/6GCCanada/bumpersspoiler030.jpg

They were taped to the bubble wrap with the foam for sealing up the bolts.

Any idea?? I figure they might be shims, but i cant figure out for where.

tha_monstaaa
09-05-2010, 03:33 PM
yeah i had no idea wut to do with those too, i just installed mine without em

Passenger
09-05-2010, 07:53 PM
:shrug: my wing didn't come with those. Just those little silver plates where the duckbill is screwed/bolted on. Might've just been accidentally placed in there.

Jukka
09-05-2010, 08:35 PM
hmmm...okay..i couldnt figure out where they went. I'm gonna test fit the spoiler this week. Thanks guys.

spazz
09-06-2010, 11:28 PM
yep got it too not sure what there for, but have noticed that the wing barely sits on the rear window and bounces off it alot so might be spacers

tha_monstaaa
09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
yep got it too not sure what there for, but have noticed that the wing barely sits on the rear window and bounces off it alot so might be spacers

i got a weather strip it helped lessen the bouncing but didnt eliminate it completly but it stopped clacking against the windshield if i hit a potthole it jsut clackes when i close the trunk so it works fine for me

Jukka
09-08-2010, 02:57 PM
hmmm....might e-mail chuck about them then. With my HFP spoiler it had a gap aswell, I used double sided tape on the window to hold the spoiler in place, it worked a bit, but with the extra weight of the mugen spoiler, im thinking i dont want that whole thing banging against the glass.

Passenger
09-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Use one sided weather strip foam to fill in the gap / get rid of the clanking. I only took it for like a week before it drove me crazy. I got tired of checking the rear view mirror to see if it flew off lol.

maestro
09-08-2010, 11:32 PM
From the instructions I have seen, those things are to help with alignment for drilling holes.

Jukka
09-09-2010, 11:05 AM
drilling holes????

Edit: just got this from chuck...

"Hey Bryan,

You dont need those so dont worry about it. The manufacturer just includes them in every spoiler he makes. Thanks!

Chuck"

sooo..i guess they do nothing.